Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

I wonder what was said that caused his intense anger, I hope she wasn't pregnant
It could have been anything. Seeing as it was a 'long standing but not particularly intense affair' I am wondering whether she was trying to break it off? Or perhaps issued an ultimatum? Perhaps thats why the wedding was cancelled and he was supposed to leave his wife but didn't. I don't think we (the public) will ever know the entire story behind this, and perhaps that is the right thing. It's not our business :)

Immense sympathy for both families involved including her ex fiancé who has suffered inexcusably from press and social media speculation. Also I feel for the accuseds wife who has to cope with all this as well as dealing with the reality of a double betrayal.

I hope he gets a hefty sentence.
And they only have his version of events. It might not be what actually happened. i.e. the argument

I hope so too, he has by all accounts admitted that when something is said that he doesn't like he flies into an intense rage and holds the persons throat, nose and mouth until death! Don't know about anyone else but id be happy if he was put away for a very long time, self control, self preservation, thoughts of SE or his own family didn't seem to stop him at any point in an act that would have taken moments not seconds and would have clear signs that death would be occuring

We still don't know the reasons that led MS to all this, why he was so angry at SE, why he had searched methods of suicide. Mr. Miskin defined their affair as "not particularly intense", but a superficial affair doesn't lead to murder and suicidal thoughts. IMO.

I’m glad for Family & Friends sake he had pleaded ‘Guilty’ but bare in mind ‘this so called non-intense affair could have been in his head or a ‘moment’ of madness that stopped before it started! Also, the internet searches for suicide could have been him planning to kill Sam and make it appear as suicide!
He expects a lighter sentence and sympathy for his guilty plea and apology but he had no problem in the days after Sam went missing, with his lies and deception, he saw the pain he’d caused but it didn’t stop him ‘acting’, going door to door with family & friends etc!
Sam had warned her friend to call the Police if she didn’t turn up to work, something he did caused her to say that- sounds like pre-med to me!
I hope the judge looks at it fully and he gets 30 years.
My thoughts are with Sam’s Family and Friends and also his Wife and child, they now have their own life sentence!

It’s a relief that Samantha’s family will be spared the trauma of a trial. Hopefully they can get some form of closure now and be able to grieve for her. My guess is that she was threatening to tell his wife what had been going on between them. Hopefully Samantha can now RIP.

Of course we cannot exclude it was pre-med. But the way he disposed of the body looks pretty clumsy to me. Like it was not planned at all. I think he had already shown an aggressive behaviour in the last time, and SE understood he was possibly getting more and more unpredictable and violent. Maybe he was even abusive with his wife, who knows. SE understood he was losing control, that's why she made her colleagues aware that she was possibly in danger. Poor Samantha, why didn't she turn to the police for help? MS doesn't strike me as a clever guy, who would carefully plan a murder. I somehow perceive him as emotionally aloof, prey of repressed feelings of which he was/is not aware of, not able to foresee and grasp the consequences of his actions.

I'm glad the murder did not get downgraded to manslaughter. Searching for methods ""to commit suicide" shortly before the murder, yeah right. What a lot of nonsense, he was looking for ways to kill Samantha. If he was truly suicidal as well as wanting to kill her, he would have killed himself at the scene or shortly after. Add to that the threats he made towards her and there is no doubt in my mind that he certainly thought about murdering her.
And they still don't have definitive cause of death, it could be that he did something else to her that he isn't talking about. IMO if you kill someone by strangulation or asphyxiation it must always be murder, these methods usually take several minutes, so there is plenty of time to stop, reconsider, if you choose to continue, that is premeditation and murder.
I always wondered at the time as the weather was so hot if he had tied and taped Samantha up and put her to slowly suffocate and die of the heat in the boot of a car. The tape over her face has not been explained.

Instead he tried to hide the murder, and lied and lied, causing her family even more distress with her body laying out in the countryside. I think it is probably true that they had some sort of relationship given that Samantha called off her wedding. It may have been that she also expected him to leave his wife for her but that he never envisaged this and wanted her and his wife. Or that Samantha had realized what he was and was attempting to get him out of her life.
I'm bracing myself for a typical UK life sentence, that in reality will probably see him free in about ten years. Should be so much longer. RIP Samantha, who would have gone on to give much to her patients and community.

Thank you Alyce for the updates. I'm very glad he pleaded guilty to murder. My prayers for Samantha's family and friends, her ex fiance, and to MS's wife and, particularly his child. Has his wife filed for divorce?

I’m glad for Family & Friends sake he had pleaded ‘Guilty’ but bare in mind ‘this so called non-intense affair could have been in his head or a ‘moment’ of madness that stopped before it started! Also, the internet searches for suicide could have been him planning to kill Sam and make it appear as suicide!
He expects a lighter sentence and sympathy for his guilty plea and apology but he had no problem in the days after Sam went missing, with his lies and deception, he saw the pain he’d caused but it didn’t stop him ‘acting’, going door to door with family & friends etc!
Sam had warned her friend to call the Police if she didn’t turn up to work, something he did caused her to say that- sounds like pre-med to me!
My thoughts are with Sam’s Family and Friends and also his Wife and child, they now have their own life sentence!

I agree, that was the first thing I thought when reading about the suicide internet searches, antifreeze? IMO his 'sudden rage' seemed to have started a few days prior to the murder

My thoughts too Insp Dots - very convenient to say this was research for suicide - no proof of that, only his word.

My take is he is lying about everything, including the argument and the way in which he killed her.
The PM and extensive tests have not, so far, discovered a COD. If he really strangled/suffocated her, I feel there would have been some evidence of this on her body.

ETA sorry, just seen your post Rosalinda - says it better than I did, most definately he was planning a murder.

I have no doubt in my mind that there are lots of little bits of circumstantial evidence that as a whole could indicate some sort of premeditation and thus a tougher sentence if he had gone to trial. Otherwise he'd have rolled the dice. Very rarely do I believe that a murderer pleads guilty to save family from a trial. It's to save their own skin from a tougher sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back