GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do they decide when to send them home or how long to deliberate for the evening?
Juries usually work within regular court hours and can choose when to take lunch and when to take their breaks. They'll probably work until 5:30pm to 6pm this evening. If it went later than that I'd be surprised.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1m1 minute ago
#TammyMoorer - The jury is now deliberating. #verdictwatch

DqJASPkVAAEd1dt.jpg

I now understand why the State took issue with that part of the judge's charge. He just explained to the jury that if the State proved TM was at the scene of the crime, but did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she participated in the crime, they must find her not guilty.

Yikes. So if the video of the truck and all the phone records only get them to the point of believing TM was at the Landing that night, it's not enough.
I now understand why the State took issue with that part of the judge's charge. He just explained to the jury that if the State proved TM was at the scene of the crime, but did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she participated in the crime, they must find her not guilty.

Yikes. So if the video of the truck and all the phone records only get them to the point of believing TM was at the Landing that night, it's not enough.

Yes, I don't understand exactly why that statement was made by the judge in the instructions. The law in SC is hand of one hand of all.

Criminal law in South Carolina recognizes a form of accomplice liability commonly referred to as the “hand of one, hand of all.” This is where a person who participates in a crime with another person or group of people can be charged with some or all the crimes committed by the other person or group as if the person participated in the separate crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752