AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a vehicle bolo has to cause some major problems for the perp. Not everyone can afford to ditch their vehicle and buy a new one to drive. Now what?
my sincerest condolences to such criminals with this problem :D:D:p;)

for real though...yeah cars are a good way of catching perps. even if they just straight up abandoned it somewhere, that would still be telling and evidence could probably still be extracted. i mean it's a huge chunk of metal, you can't just do away with it like a scrap of paper. vehicles are a very good clue to have IMO

I have been around the Dodge muscle cars, and the engine does rev loud. It seems to be the point. No way to know for sure if the images of cars today mean anything at all, IMO, but I will say that. Add the red or orange color, and possibly the stripes- it’s someone looking to be noticed. It is so confounding, that car, and why it is being publicized. The other car seems like one that blends in better. Guess we will see.

Yes it’s also worth noting that the pictures they chose have racing stripes on the hood which not all challengers have which certainly narrows it down.

Also, the neighbor did say they thought they heard a loud car backfire. For someone who’s not car savvy it’s pretty common to confuse and call it a backfire rather than the sound of a loud exhaust (a loud exhaust is louder than a backfire also)

As far as I know they never put out a national bolo on the jeep he had rented. He rented the jeep in his name.

The local..state police nor the FBI knew anything about Duncan or even who he was until he told them his name when he returned in the same red jeep with Shasta.

Iirc all if that info about the vehicle was learned afterwards.
ah yes, my mistake this is true. he was arrested and then LE asked people to jog their memories about the jeep because Dylan was still missing.

As a gal who likes cars and can usually distinguish make, model also if it's not heavily modified, I'm sitting here comparing the 2010 Edge and MDX. They are extremely similar *if* they only got a side or rear view, not counting grainy/dark footage. From the front, the grille would give either away. I would assume that's also why they don't know (or maybe they just didn't say?) anything about a front license plate. If they did get a front view and still couldn't differentiate, then was it modified or damaged? Wouldn't they have included such info the presser? Maybe not. Sigh.

Also, here in my neck of the woods, Challengers are extremely popular with soldiers at our nearby Army base. See them often, especially what I would call the "reddish-orange" color...

All just MOO. Thinking about our sweet girl and hope these new bits of info help to bring her home!

It does seem odd that investigators would have a call for 2000 at this point. I mean, I know they may have some new clue but shouldn't this massive search have been conducted anyways last week?! Also, if the intruder and abductor(s) were making a fast getaway with Jayme, I don't think they would stop in the thickened woods in this search area, as it may not be on their route out or would be too close by to take a chance to stop there.

1) Neither of those vehicle types would likely be driven by the stereotypical meth head.
2) Neither of those vehicle types would likely be utilized by the typical home invader.

We're all probably going to be pretty shocked when we find out what went down. Seems like it could be a bit more intimate now than random, FWIW.

JMO.
I could see a meth head driving a burnt orange challenger.

It does seem odd that investigators would have a call for 2000 at this point. I mean, I know they may have some new clue but shouldn't this massive search have been conducted anyways last week?! Also, if the intruder and abductor(s) were making a fast getaway with Jayme, I don't think they would stop in the thickened woods in this search area, as it may not be on their route out or would be too close by to take a chance to stop there.
I couldn’t understand why there were no searches on Tuesday the day after her disappearance

Were there and i missed it?

• Multiple rounds were “spent” [18]
  • The family’s dog was alive inside the residence when deputies responded [18]
  • Authorities found a “violent crime scene.” [18]

These points are snipped from WS mod Whiskers16 outstanding informational recap at the head of the thread (many thanks, W16!).

It interests me that with a lot of apparent firepower, the killer(s) didn't shoot the dog. Was it hiding, or did JS beg for the killer(s) to spare it, or was the dog known to the killer(s)? Was JS in the habit of taking the dog out for walks away from the house, where someone she might have mistaken as a friend/boyfriend might have been nice to the dog as part of grooming JS?

Last edited:
I’m not going to get too wrapped up in these cars without more info. We could go round and round re: these cars for months. Were they the only cars driving near the Closs home around midnight to 1am? Which direction from the house? Maybe there is something to them, maybe not.

I’m not going to get too wrapped up in these cars without more info. We could go round and round re: these cars for months. Were they the only cars driving near the Closs home around midnight to 1am? Which direction from the house? Maybe there is something to them, maybe not.
Maybe they weren’t driving at all but parked in the area? Maybe seen leaving the area and. Car occupants could be potential witnesses without realizing it?

The police obviously think there is something to them, although we can only guess as to why. Hopefully they do have a strong connection to the crime scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288