AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. An outside-the-area offender would make it more difficult to identify a vehicle/owner combination because it expands the query. Likewise, that LE said something along the lines of "seen in the last 2 weeks" was a bit odd and could suggest some new folks in town of late.

Having said this, the likelihood of 2 cars being responsible for a crime like this AND being outside of the general area is pretty small in my view.

JMO.

Interesting. But now you have me wondering about the 2 cars thing. Should we assume that LE believes there are (at least) 2 assailants? Or is it more likely that they've spotted 2 cars that were out and about in the time/place of the crime. I sort of took it to be the latter. Meaning, only one (if any) would ultimately be linked to the crime.

I'd missed the "2 weeks" comment and agree that is a head scratcher. Sure would seem to imply that the perp is a local. But they may just not be ruling anything out at this point.

Ok, that makes sense. I just thought it's easier for someone like me who works night shift or people on the west coast. Plus you probably miss a lot of night traffic. But you gotta make do with what you got and I understand that. This story has brought a lot of us here. Tugs the heart strings I guess.

Yeah, i agree with all the missed night traffic it would certainly make sense just to add another moderator.

Not an insult at all because the mods here do wonderful especially in threads like this where it could become a mess, but it's not a job that takes training or anything like that. I have moderated a couple subs on reddit and it's very straightforward. But I think Tricia is just comfortable with the team they have now which is totally understandable.

There are still two theories in my mind, neither mentioned here yet.

1. There is big commotion, shots are fired and Jayme hides.... as many children do. All is over within 5-10 min, perp/s leave. By now it is around 12:40. Jayme hides few more min and comes out. Seeing absolutely horrible scene and one of her parents she is very much distraught... She runs in search for other parent and find person dead or dying too with horrible injuries. Her footsteps might be found around in blood on the floor confirming she was there. She is inconsolable. (This all would take just few min too). She dials 911... She is terrified and distraught seeing her parents this way and all alone in house in the middle of the woods. She is barely 13. She hears car approaching house, fearing perp/s are coming back she bolt out of the door and ran in fear for her life... In pyjamas and no shoes... She did not know it was police car but with no siren on...

2. Again, the same is happening, but Jayme has no time to hide. The reason she is taken - she has nothing to do with rage of perp against her parents... and because she is known to the perp.. for many years.. (nothing to do with anything sexual). Not going to comment further.

Just to add - have you seen recent case where very young male child was missing after witnessing his father murder? He was recently found after months (or years) alive - I again better not comment further but this 2nd scenario would be very similar to this case. If Jayme was taken under this circumstances small time window before leaving and police arriving makes it less probable. Also whole place whereever perp/s would take her would know as she would be distraught and traumatized for days...

I do very much hope that she is found tomorrow...

Last edited:
Hey everyone- Not sure if anyone is interested (I can't reveal my source) but here are some the notes of someone who was at the town hall and what they heard the sheriff tell the town:...
If you see a McDonald’s bag with a half eaten cheeseburger call it in and don’t touch it....

Don't know what to make of this. Did someone go to McDonald's? First I've heard of it.

Sorry I tried to post before that the site got weird and went down when I tried to edit my post.

I see 2 possibilities with the door being kicked in.

1. The perpetrators kicked it in to cause maximum fear, this would have been a highly aggressive move and they clearly didn't care about gaining attention with the door kick and shots fired.

2. Dad came home, saw something was very wrong and kicked the door down.

I've been thinking about the comment that Jayme made online about having a twin with the same birthday and same initial "J".
Potential theory - an online groomer tells Jayme that he has the same birthdate as her and uses a name starting with J. A 13year-old could well fantasize about a twin in the sense of soulmate. A computer search would soon sort that theory out. Is just my opinion.

I don’t know if the cops believe there are two assailants, but I have always thought there had to be at least two. It’d take some serious cajones to walk into a home with three people in it, alone, in a rural town like this that would almost definitely have guns in it. Way too risky.

Me too. I just can't figure that out. He must have been pretty confident with only two shots. Or experienced. Jmo
I think only two shots were *heard*. The others could have been earlier, before the neighbor got home. Or with a different (quieter) gun. Or when the neighbor had some background noise on (shower, tv, hubby snoring, ...) Or the 2 shots were from outside and so less muffled than others from inside. Or several of the above. We also don't know whether there were other injuries, just that the cause of death was gun shot. Another possibility... door kicked in and dad killed before the neighbor even got home. Mom and/or Jayme restrained, while bad guy(s) occupied with one of them. Mom finished off with the 2 heard shots. Bad guy(s) occupied a while longer. Jayme manages to get the phone, or dying mom does, and when the bad guy(s) realizes they've called 911 they leave. It would fit the timeline and the only 2 shots heard.

My point- based on the car description. If the perp,
It is unlikely that the owners are involved in "using".
What I see is or feel is out of control RAGE and perhaps overkill.
Possibly by being told no.
No one has mentioned roid rage.
IMO this perp has $ knew someone in the family and had serious anger management issues.
He came there with a plan and got away. He is no dummy!
If the vehicles are just witnesses, why not say if you were in the area and drive either of these please come talk to us.
They did not say that, so perps are the next option.
Imo

Agree 100%. This combined with the recently announced reward makes me think the investigators are putting pressure on someone to talk. All speculation and IMO of course.

I totally stand behind both statements! One can never gauge the intelligence, dedication, and leg work a police force entails- regardless of it’s community’s population, and/or locality.

Sounds like they have a far better grip on this case than Boulder ever did on JBR. *Making comparison in regards to population, and differences in community.

I don’t know if the cops believe there are two assailants, but I have always thought there had to be at least two. It’d take some serious cajones to walk into a home with three people in it, alone, in a rural town like this that would almost definitely have guns in it. Way too risky.
By now, the cops likely have a good indication as to if there was more than one perpetrator involved (ballistics).

As to the likelihood of one or more perpetrators in general, I think that it pretty much comes down to motive.

If this was a sexually motivated kidnapping, I would expect one. If this was a robbery attempt (doubtful), I would expect more than one.

We can only guess, but LE has evidence to work with.

Sounds nothing close to a gunshot. I’ve hunt
Ed moose in Alaska, deer in Michigan, and fired to scare bears more times than I can count. I spent a lot of time around firearms.
That's cool, you'd probably be a reliable witness then. I haven't been around a lot of guns and at times I struggle to differentiate a backfire or firecracker to a shot from A gun. I wonder how many people could differentiate those sounds that aren't that familiar with guns, especially if they were half asleep with distance between houses with windows shut bc it was cold out? Validity/reliability of the statement would depend on individual.
The YouTube videos, to me, were interesting because it opened the doors to the varying sounds engines/backfires can make and some of them are LOUD and IMO could sound like a gun shot under certain circumstances. JMHO.

Last edited:
Interesting. But now you have me wondering about the 2 cars thing. Should we assume that LE believes there are (at least) 2 assailants? Or is it more likely that they've spotted 2 cars that were out and about in the time/place of the crime. I sort of took it to be the latter. Meaning, only one (if any) would ultimately be linked to the crime.

I'd missed the "2 weeks" comment and agree that is a head scratcher. Sure would seem to imply that the perp is a local. But they may just not be ruling anything out at this point.

I posted earlier that, in my view, for law enforcement to put those cars out there as cars of interest they would have likely had to have been seen together and in close proximity to each other multiple times and on multiple cameras. While a coincidence like that can certainly occur, it is improbable.

Also, I don't think that law enforcement would risk their case by putting 2 cars out there to consider if there was a chance that 1 was unrelated to the crime (and potentially unidentifiable at all). A defense attorney would have a field day with "but what about that OTHER car?! Did you not find it?! Can you be sure it wasn't THEM?!" Yada yada yada.

IOW, I feel pretty strongly that both are involved.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members