AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to reconcile why the suspect(s) remained in the home for almost 30 minutes, it occurred to me that IF Denise had barricaded herself in the bathroom (hypothetical) , perhaps Jayme was also in that bathroom. That COULD account for the roughly 30 minutes, and also might explain why the sounds were clearly heard on the cell phone.

Just a thought.

I am sure that there are folks about five or ten miles away from me that don't hear gun shots. Perhaps THEIR areas don't attract hunters, know what I mean? I seriously doubt that this couple didn't call the police because, what? What would be their purpose for not calling the cops, if they honestly believed that someone was getting killed next door? Revenge because the mom and dad didn't answer the door so she could give them their mail? What are you and a couple of others on here suggesting, that the neighbors are liars because something they hear on a regular basis during hunting season isn't true because in your areas, it never happens?

Others here have posted over and over and over again, like myself, that this is common for our areas of residence. We get it, your area doesn't have gun shots in the middle of the night. Yet, several of us have kindly shared that near our homes, we hear them frequently during hunting season, and even fireworks, target practice, shooting at animals near farms, happens around us. We just don't think "gee, our neighbors down the road must be getting murdered, now back to my book.........."

What would be their reason for not calling the cops if they truly thought that this family next door was being murdered?

Steelslady? I live in the middle of a large forest, and yes I hear gunfire very often. People hunt all around me, and yes we have lots of coyotes and bears too. But if I hear gunfire very close to me in the middle of the night comming from a nearby house where it would be unusual to hear gunshots because they don't have livestock or chicken coops and don't normally fire guns, then like I said, I would come outside to investigate and probably see the cars driving past my house. I never said I would call the police or that anyone was lieing.

When you have lived in the forest for a while you get a sense of what's normal and what's not. If I lay in bed in the morning and hear loud rapid gunfire, that would seem normal to me considering its hunting season. But like I said before: it would not be normal in the middle of the night comming from an area where you normally wouldn't hear gunfire or if it sounds like it's in your own back yard.

That photo of Jayme standing on the porch...yesterday, someone posted the Facebook page where this was first posted. It was the Power Washing company that did work on her house. The photo was posted on something like June 15, 2016. If you look at photos the page posted on June 16 (the next day), I think it is showing the back of their house. It looks like there is a rear door that would connect to the basement. This thread moves so fast that I can't find this post, nor can I remember the name of the power washing company. The discussion was yesterday and was around spending money on power washing/painting their house.

Good point. My guess would be that there is not much difference in the rates of one to the other, though. Meaning if the area has a high rate of level 3, it would have a high rate of level 1 or 2. Do you know if this is the case?

It would take a scan of the court system website to determine that or a call to the detective's, as here, the detectives do these visits in their "free time". I would assume add another 50 for level 1 and 2, bringing the total double that of the level 3s, all combined.

Trying to reconcile why the suspect(s) remained in the home for almost 30 minutes, it occurred to me that IF Denise had barricaded herself in the bathroom (hypothetical) , perhaps Jayme was also in that bathroom. That COULD account for the roughly 30 minutes, and also might explain why the sounds were clearly heard on the cell phone.

Just a thought.
Good point.

Thank you all who are turning out to help locate this sweet girl.

The house layout - I’ve been in homes similar - the garage is located under the general living space it looks like. Sometimes people turn that garage space into a family room and leave the garage doors in place. There are usually a step up and then stairs up and either storage or a bedroom or two on the other side of the stairs. Sometimes these partially exposed foundations have a patio door/walk out as well at this level - has something like this been mentioned? A lot of times it’s right under a deck space. I know the focus was the front door but curious if maybe there’s an additional entry that isn’t used as frequently by the family but could have provided additional access.

hmmm.... only 2 shots to kill 2 people. Let's just suppose this was a professional hit. The shooter(s) knew where to put the rounds, didn't just blaze away. The parents were the target. Let's say they didn't know what to do with Jayme (hitters might balk at killing a child) so they just took her. Now they are driving away and trying to figure out what to do with the young girl in the trunk. If they decide to kill her and bury the body they'll probably drive for a couple hours do a little off-roading and dig a shallow grave. After they get back on the road they will drive a couple more hours and look for as place to clean up(blood splatter, gunshot residue, etc.). Ok...so we are looking for a couple of guys 200-300 miles away cleaning up somewhere. Their clothes and car will show what they have been doing.

It would take a scan of the court system website to determine that or a call to the detective's, as here, the detectives do these visits in their "free time". I would assume add another 50 for level 1 and 2, bringing the total double that of the level 3s, all combined.

I misread your original post, we are in agreement. The true number of sex offenders for the area is even higher due to all of the ones that aren't listed in the online databases. 92 sex offenders in Barron would be one for every 36 residents. Wow.

hmmm.... only 2 shots to kill 2 people. Let's just suppose this was a professional hit. The shooter(s) knew where to put the rounds, didn't just blaze away. The parents were the target. Let's say they didn't know what to do with Jayme (hitters might balk at killing a child) so they just took her. Now they are driving away and trying to figure out what to do with the young girl in the trunk. If they decide to kill her and bury the body they'll probably drive for a couple hours do a little off-roading and dig a shallow grave. After they get back on the road they will drive a couple more hours and look for as place to clean up(blood splatter, gunshot residue, etc.). Ok...so we are looking for a couple of guys 200-300 miles away cleaning up somewhere. Their clothes and car will show what they have been doing.

I don’t think it was only two shots. The report said multiple rounds spent. 2 shots were heard, but I think there were more

Also, unless it was a professional hit, which it doesn’t seem to be given the chaos of the crime scene, usually bodies are dumped within a given radius of the crime scene, “the comfort zone”. I think she will be found not too far from the house, IMO

Few things.

1. I figured out how to change my timezone. I have been viewing in Iceland time for 3 years.

2. What time did y'all start refreshing to see if the thread was open? :p
LoL at Iceland time! :D The threads usually open around 7:30 Mountain time. It looks like today the thread opened about 8:00 Mountain time.

That photo of Jayme standing on the porch...yesterday, someone posted the Facebook page where this was first posted. It was the Power Washing company that did work on her house. The photo was posted on something like June 15, 2016. If you look at photos the page posted on June 16 (the next day), I think it is showing the back of their house. It looks like there is a rear door that would connect to the basement. This thread moves so fast that I can't find this post, nor can I remember the name of the power washing company. The discussion was yesterday and was around spending money on power washing/painting their house.
am I understanding correctly.....a company that was used for a service to the home took pics of the front with the child and then the back and posted them publicly? so anyone could look and see the outside lay out of the home and entrances and know a child lived there?

It could be that they are more traditional Catholics, who tend to bury their loved ones very quickly. I don't know if that's the case here, but the Catholic church does still generally recommend funerals to take place as quickly after death as arrangements can be made. This practice may vary from place to place, though.

Where I live, it is the norm for Catholic funerals to be held within two days of the person dying. A week would be considered a very long time to wait and that would only generally happen if a postmortem was required or a close family member needed time to travel from overseas to attend.
Having a funeral weeks or months later is pretty much unheard of here (Ireland).

So perhaps — if they are a more traditional congregation — that is their custom in that particular community and it would be upsetting for the family to delay the funeral mass indefinitely. It is very sad that Jayme cannot attend but hopefully in the future, if she's safely found, she can attend a memorial mass for her parents. Fingers crossed.
I don't think that's actually a thing with Catholics in the states. Two days would seem pretty rushed here. Funerals are generally stretching out a bit longer in recent years as the reasons that used to exist for quick burials are no longer relevant, and with families no longer staying in the same area as they used to, people tend to be giving more time for folks to get home.

I'm an American Catholic, midwestern, in fact, and these are just my observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member