GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems I’ve always heard there is no such thing as a perfect murder. Right?

So, what are we missing? At this point in time, we know nothing more than we did two weeks after the murders.

Is there any possibility that the wrong house was hit? Didn’t the neighbors to the left have a similar name? The husband was out of the country IIRC. No, had he passed?
Was this idea of the wrong house looked into throughly?

I really think we dont have a clue WHAT is known about this case

No the neighbors name was not similar to Dermond, its maples, i believe she was a widow

I think there was someone with the mr maples name that was an atty, no relatiin i coukd tell, i posted somewhere in thw forum

There was a canoeist by the name of russell Dermond, a luttle older, csnt remmwber if he was dwceased at this time

Watched Season 2, "Making a murderer".........the one thing I got out of it.........a .22 won't likely or can't penetrate a skull, leaving entry AND exit wounds........so it will lodge

Could it have been a .22? I posed this question last year or before I believe......Could this be the reason for the beheading?

I know hockyguy speculated it could have a been a special type or numbered bullet or something to that affect..........but just tracing a .22 to someone who has a gun like that was my main thought from the getgo, especially a registered weapon........not sure who would be that stupid tho.....maybe they were in this case or just freaked

Additionally a hunter or a taxidermist, or atleast someone who cuts the meat of deer or cows for consumption has to know the anatomy of a mammal in general.......as would ANY doctor, they all have anatomy in college as well as dissection.

sharing...

I just think the chances of someone using the same gun twice for murders ( they would need the bullet and gun for comparison because although the bullets are the same it's the marking on the bullets that are different) are the work of a novice. I'm doubting a novice did this murder since no evidence was found. Could there be another reason for beheading Mr Dermond? Maybe during beating Mr D the killers hand was bleeding and he or she decided to take the head off rather than wipe off the blood?

I still think if there was a gun involved in killing mr d then it was an issued gun either military or police. Knowing the caliber would put SS on a clear path of finding the killer. Somewhere there's a coroners report i'll try to find it it should give us some good clues.

Found the coroners report in 1 of the articles I have saved. Apparently there was no gun powder residue found so I guess we can rule out a gun being used. A single clean cut of the upper part of the neck which tells me this person has beheaded before or has surgical experience. Crushed finger and gray hairs found on his shirt and hand which they didn't say was his and I believe they would have omitted this if it were his hairs. It also appears RD wasn't too healthy as the coroner stated he suffered from sever cardiovascular disease but then again he was 88 which is way above the average life span. It appears RD was killed within 3 days of his body being found which would be Saturday . There was still food in his stomach so they could tell what his last meal was and that would determine the time of day or about . I am sure SS found fingerprints as well somewhere . There had to be foot prints in the garage because garages get dusty no matter how often you clean them. SS has left a lot out and he definitely knows who did this and probably why they did this

Like I have said many times SS can't convict based on the evidence he has because this person was close to the elder Dermonds and could easily contest the evidence SS has collected by saying they were there recently which is why their dna was there. SS could also tell the time by a number of things including checking the water company to see when the last time the water was used, yes when you flush or get a drink of water there's a timestamp and the approx. amount of water used. SS could and probably has gotten a court order for this as it's not part of the regular billing statement. SS could also determine a time of death by medications they were taking, last time his vehicle was started, last time the heat was adjusted, . There are many ways to determine a timeframe besides decomposition of the body and i'm sure SS has checked all of them and narrowed this murder down to at least a 6 hour window. Now when was this man seen on the lawn?

2 key things I keep going back to and I think are important

1 who was the female relative who wasn't being truthful during questioning and broke down during the 2nd questioning? What could she have not told the truth about and why did she not tell the truth?

2 Who was the person on the lawn and wh

My goodness this case has very significant contradictions. In a May 9, 2018, article SS is quoted as having said, " Gunshot residue was later found on Mr. Dermond's shirt." The Murders of Elderly Georgia Couple Russell and Shirley Dermond: A Beheading and No Leads
That and the figure on the lawn being a suspect/not a suspect.......we certainly have confounding confusion, don't we? Gunshot or no gunshot I'm still vexed as to where RD met his death: there is no evidence of it anywhere despite having the garage as the post mortem beheading location. Baffling all around.

Holy moley hahahahaha NO GSR in coroner's report !! !?????

SS said thet was indeed hahahaha

It was in the podcast by philuo hollaway....

Hey guys, this means there was NO FREAKING MAN ON THE LAWN EITHER

SS... hes been lying to us

HOLLOWAY AND OTHERS TOOTED HIS HORN in the podcast BUT SO MANY LIES

WHO is he protecting or is he just trying to make himself look good as if he has done everything and knows everything, he needs to step off this case

Im disgusted!!!!

I said it before he selects these reporters think back to all the articles and see how many different reporters there are. He has his inner circle of reporters who are willing to play his game they build him up like he's a super cop . No criminal is that good to murder 2 people and not leave evidence behind. I don't know if he is covering for someone it could be he just contaminated the crime scene or 1 of his officers did. Those other murders he solved could have been solved by a security guard and the cult leader he busted the feds did all that work he just got the press. The fed profile definitely contained more than" He liked knives and guns" I guarantee that.

SS as I've stated before has constantly lied to us from the very beginning. Had he told us the truth he probably would have gotten the call he needs. When you advertise you have no evidence and no clues anyone with any information will now think twice about coming forward because the person would have to testify and as SS said he has no evidence and the case would rest on the person coming forward. SS gambled and apparently lost since it's been 4 years and no leads have panned out

I’ve said it many times, but I still can’t understand why there’s been zero public outcry from family. I’m not accusing them, but how can 3 adult children and 9 grandchildren all be satisfied with no answers? Usually one family member gets fed up with the lack of progress and goes to the media. Why not in a case where two seemingly quiet, respectable elderly people with no known enemies are violently murdered in their own home???

I’ve said it many times, but I still can’t understand why there’s been zero public outcry from family. I’m not accusing them, but how can 3 adult children and 9 grandchildren all be satisfied with no answers? Usually one family member gets fed up with the lack of progress and goes to the media. Why not in a case where two seemingly quiet, respectable elderly people with no known enemies are violently murdered in their own home???

It is puzzling.
If it had been my parental units I would have moved to Greensboro and would have showed up at SS office daily at 8:30 am. Daily. I would haunt the sheriff ‘s department until it was solved.

JMO and wondering

It still bothers me that he didnt even know his own friend "tex" claude mciver well enough to know he was an extreme narcissist if not sociopath and a money hungry *advertiser censored*, after dianes money and status.... And this is the man judging each interviewee or POI..... Im thinking of the same mindset as ole tex, so he doesnt see it really unless it was a woman, diane, whom ss had a fun time laughing at her showy southern bell of a wedding....... Omg, this will never get solved and im sure it was someone very close to the couple that had this done

ALso, in that CHad Haufler case, waiting waiting, somethingis wrong with a man who is a forensic cleanup guy and who murdered his best friend in cold blood, first lying by saying there were intruders, 3 of them and he was gonna defend himself, then later said no, he and MarcDimos were the only 2 in the house but woke up to MD strangling him..........WHY THE LIES? WHY THE BIG SWING in stories

Where there are lies and confusion, there is something sinister going on

I've wondered if MD and CH got so drunk and CH spoke too much about something he'd done, maybe something to do with the Dermonds, interesting they were across the lake, the body of SD was only 1 mile and half from the CH home on bluff ct or whatever the name was, I know they just bought the house but did they stay in the general area? I Know they'd been visiting oconee for 10 years according to articles. CH Is a big hunter and fisherman.........HELLO............at any rate, the lies

at any rate, it SEEMS that Chad Haufler felt he HAD TO BLUDGEON AND THEN SHOOT MD.........

DEAD MEN DONT TALK

time will tell.........at any rate, Ill never go to that area again in my life, whoda thunk so much crazy would go on there.......and when you have a Sheriff who lies about his cases...........not a good place to be if you get robbed, raped or murdered

And Hockeyguy....you are right......and like ive also said, SS KNEW .......WHO.......he was up against in the Nuwapian case........but the GBI did all the work
I said it before he selects these reporters think back to all the articles and see how many different reporters there are. He has his inner circle of reporters who are willing to play his game they build him up like he's a super cop . No criminal is that good to murder 2 people and not leave evidence behind. I don't know if he is covering for someone it could be he just contaminated the crime scene or 1 of his officers did. Those other murders he solved could have been solved by a security guard and the cult leader he busted the feds did all that work he just got the press. The fed profile definitely contained more than" He liked knives and guns" I guarantee that.

Last edited:
@hockeyguy33 ...do you think the Dermond Murders and the latest Reynolds Plantation murder could be connected??

JMO and wondering

I don't think they are connected but they could be connected. I'd like to know more about this person who just murdered his house guest. 1 thing I know for sure is SS has to have someone he suspects this has been confirmed by cops I know who have experience with murder cases. My bet is on family who has been insanely quiet when they should be outraged but then again they might be busy spending their new found fortune which I estimate to be at least 20 million probably more

I think the Tex thing was an accident. So does the forensic account who testified for the prosecution at trial.

He was hired to go over the accounts not give his opinion on the case. I know the accountant personally.

It still bothers me that he didnt even know his own friend "tex" claude mciver well enough to know he was an extreme narcissist if not sociopath and a money hungry *advertiser censored*, after dianes money and status.... And this is the man judging each interviewee or POI..... Im thinking of the same mindset as ole tex, so he doesnt see it really unless it was a woman, diane, whom ss had a fun time laughing at her showy southern bell of a wedding....... Omg, this will never get solved and im sure it was someone very close to the couple that had this done

ALso, in that CHad Haufler case, waiting waiting, somethingis wrong with a man who is a forensic cleanup guy and who murdered his best friend in cold blood, first lying by saying there were intruders, 3 of them and he was gonna defend himself, then later said no, he and MarcDimos were the only 2 in the house but woke up to MD strangling him..........WHY THE LIES? WHY THE BIG SWING in stories

Where there are lies and confusion, there is something sinister going on

I've wondered if MD and CH got so drunk and CH spoke too much about something he'd done, maybe something to do with the Dermonds, interesting they were across the lake, the body of SD was only 1 mile and half from the CH home on bluff ct or whatever the name was, I know they just bought the house but did they stay in the general area? I Know they'd been visiting oconee for 10 years according to articles. CH Is a big hunter and fisherman.........HELLO............at any rate, the lies

at any rate, it SEEMS that Chad Haufler felt he HAD TO BLUDGEON AND THEN SHOOT MD.........

DEAD MEN DONT TALK

time will tell.........at any rate, Ill never go to that area again in my life, whoda thunk so much crazy would go on there.......and when you have a Sheriff who lies about his cases...........not a good place to be if you get robbed, raped or murdered

And Hockeyguy....you are right......and like ive also said, SS KNEW .......WHO.......he was up against in the Nuwapian case........but the GBI did all the work

20 mil? Maybe 4 million.

I don't think they are connected but they could be connected. I'd like to know more about this person who just murdered his house guest. 1 thing I know for sure is SS has to have someone he suspects this has been confirmed by cops I know who have experience with murder cases. My bet is on family who has been insanely quiet when they should be outraged but then again they might be busy spending their new found fortune which I estimate to be at least 20 million probably more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member