AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think those 2 gun shots were what killed the dad and the mom was killed another way? I think most people would shoot at least twice at an target and there were no other gunshots heard unless the neighbors slept through it.

I think the perp may have banged on the door and both James and Denise went to the door. Dad wouldn't open the door, so the perp broke in the door, and shot dad killing him and shot Denise only wounding her. She was able to run to another area, attempted the 911 call and died from her wounds.
I believe all was done in total rage. Perp was mad at someone, and I believe it was James. I do Not know why he was angry with James, maybe work related.

I don't feel like anything was planned. I believe Jayme was taken on impulse. jmo

I know many are sick of the seat cushion discussion, but I'd like to make this remark, and it isn't my brilliant thought, unfortunately. It's from a much earlier thread but I don't know who said it, but they think like a detective! :)

When cushions are CUT off, you just cut one side of one tie, and the WHOLE THING comes off, with the other side of the tie still connected to the cushion itself. The ties are usually the same material as the cushion, and they are sewn in, inseam or whipstitched to the cushion with a lot of stitches. :p

After the other clever sleuther said that, I remembered cutting off the kitchen chair's cushion a few months ago to change to a thicker cushion, and yes, that's what I did, I didn't bother to untie (knots), I just went "snip snip" and lifted the whole cushion off, ties dangling still attached on one side each tie, then tied on the new cushion. ;)

Maybe this will help about the cushion. I hope Jayme is found today and we will be celebrating and never think of the cushion again.

I think the perp may have banged on the door and both James and Denise went to the door. Dad wouldn't open the door, so the perp broke in the door, and shot dad killing him and shot Denise only wounding her. She was able to run to another area, attempted the 911 call and died from her wounds.
I believe all was done in total rage. Perp was mad at someone, and I believe it was James. I do Not know why he was angry with James, maybe work related.

I don't feel like anything was planned. I believe Jayme was taken on impulse. jmo
I think the two shots heard were fired at the open doorway where the sound would carry to the neighbors. Anything that happened inside would likely not be heard, even more gunshots.

Police know Jayme was home during the 911 call right? They know mom's phone made the call and mom's phone was found inside the home. So why was someone else driving past the house enough that they had to be asked to go away by police? If the person driving by was a family member is it POSSIBLE that maybe Jayme tried to call her aunt from a phone? Or texted her? I wonder if that might be how police know that Jayme was home - and maybe the person(s) drove by looking for Jayme and wondering what was going on?

Police know Jayme was home during the 911 call right? They know mom's phone made the call and mom's phone was found inside the home. So why was someone else driving past the house enough that they had to be asked to go away by police? If the person driving by was a family member is it POSSIBLE that maybe Jayme tried to call her aunt from a phone? Or texted her? I wonder if that might be how police know that Jayme was home - and maybe the person(s) drove by looking for Jayme and wondering what was going on?

My first instinct is that LE knew Jayme was home because they heard her on the 911 call. Possibly they heard two female voices. We don't know what they heard on that call, except "help" and a lot of yelling.

I think the two shots heard were fired at the open doorway where the sound would carry to the neighbors. Anything that happened inside would likely not be heard, even more gunshots.

I think so too and that's why I think they were both shot at the doorway. I guess we will find out when and if James had two wounds. I have only heard shot to the head. So much happened that we don't know.

[/QUOTE]
Can you clarify, “not to sleuth”? I believe we can discuss family, but it needs to remain respectful. Since 60% of violent crimes are committed by someone known to the victims, it is not outlandish to consider the possibility.

Did DC teach Sunday School? With so many young people (male and female) getting arrested for meth in the county, might someone at church have established a relationship that went sour? When you need money for drugs, you will do anything. May not have been planned to go down as it did, but when you bring a gun along, you just might use it.

Perhaps they got this former church go-er a job at Jenny-O? They knew his schedule and hers.

That was the first place LE went.

Can you clarify, “not to sleuth”? I believe we can discuss family, but it needs to remain respectful. Since 60% of violent crimes are committed by someone known to the victims, it is not outlandish to consider the possibility.

Did DC teach Sunday School? With so many young people (male and female) getting arrested for meth in the county, might someone at church have established a relationship that went sour? When you need money for drugs, you will do anything. May not have been planned to go down as it did, but when you bring a gun along, you just might use it.

Perhaps they got this former church go-er a job at Jenny-O? They knew his schedule and hers.

That was the first place LE went.
Weren't they Catholic? I attended both Protestant and Catholic churches as a child and don't really remember anything like a Sunday school in the Catholic church. It is possible people they knew from church were on drugs or had family on drugs, though, certainly.

I think so too and that's why I think they were both shot at the doorway. I guess we will find out when and if James had two wounds. I have only heard shot to the head. So much happened that we don't know.
I’m actually thinking about grabbing my GoPro and documenting mythbuster style what gunshots sound like from the neighbor’s house. My neighbor’s cool with it but I’m having trouble getting wife’s permission to fire my 12 gauge inside. Not a safety concern, I have plenty of backstop... maybe I can bribe her.

Pretty sure mom was in the bathroom. If they were both at door, it would not have taken 6 min to call in the second victim.

Weren't they Catholic? I attended both Protestant and Catholic churches as a child and don't really remember anything like a Sunday school in the Catholic church. It is possible people they knew from church were on drugs or had family on drugs, though, certainly.

There were children’s/youth classes at the church. May not have been on Sundays.

I wondered that at first, as well. Did James always park his truck that way? It seemed odd to me where/how his red truck was parked. Also - was he found without shoes on? Then we might assume he was in for the night or had gone to bed already... hmmm

Edited - Apologies. I was trying to reply to Sleuther and something went awry with my quote option. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member