GUILTY NC - Dr. Frank McCutcheon, 64, murdered in his Arden home, 16 July 2016

• Thread starter Deleted member 122964
  • Start date
Initially, she was held on a $750,000 bond. But then there was a $250,000 secured bond. So, she posted/paid $250,000 and was released back to TN for "weekly monitoring" as referred to in the news report below. OR she paid no bail and remains "physically" in jail? Maybe I'm just confusing bond and bail this morning??

"If she bails out, she’s also ordered to report weekly to authorities here in Tennessee."

Mid-South woman accused of murdering her husband over a year ago

Last edited:
Initially, she was held on a $750,000 bond. But then there was a $250,000 secured bond. So, she posted/paid $250,000 and was released back to TN for "weekly monitoring" as referred to in the news report below. OR she paid no bail and remains "physically" in jail? Maybe I'm just confusing bond and bail this morning??

"If she bails out, she’s also ordered to report weekly to authorities here in Tennessee."

Mid-South woman accused of murdering her husband over a year ago

She is in custody, per the jail inmate search. I posted this yesterday:
I've searched periodically and don't find any updates.
She is still in custody. Here is the link:
Buncombe County Sheriff's Office P2C - provided by OSSI
Inmate Inquiry
Name MCCUTCHEON, BRENDA KAY (W /F/67)
Primary Charge FIRST DEGREE MURDER

Arrest Date 11/09/2017
Booking Agency Buncombe County Sheriff Dept
More detail from the inmate search link:
Inmate Detail
Name: MCCUTCHEON, BRENDA KAY
Race / Sex: WHITE / FEMALE
Arrest Date: 11/9/2017
Release Date:
Next Court Date:
Charge FIRST DEGREE MURDER
Status PRE-TRIAL
Docket # 17CRS000529
Bond Amount SECURED $250,000.00
Total Bond Amount:$250,000.00

It's been two years. Justice soon?
I don't find any recent updates regarding the court case.
Listen to 911 call placed by wife now charged with murder in death of NC plastic surgeon
Updated: Thursday, December 7th 2017, 4:07 pm EDT
[...]
When the dispatcher asked if her husband had been involved in an argument with anyone, Brenda McCutcheon said, "No, no. He never locks the back door and the back door was open."
[...]
She denied any involvement in the death or placing the murder weapon in ivy behind their home where it was later recovered.
[...]

Any updates???
No. Bizarre. Perhaps she is being given a 'pass'?!
I periodically check the court website, but her name does not populate with any results.
Court Dates | North Carolina Judicial Branch
Calendars /Officer Court Apperance Query

Defendant Name Search Results
02/03/2019
No Results Found

I also check this website to see if there has been any movement in the state tax fraud case:
NCDOR: Press Releases

This AUG 2018 news article was never updated with "the conditions of her release" from jail:
Arden woman accused of killing surgeon husband released from jail

Wonder if she's still residing in TN and reporting to authorities there, but of course, her court dates should appear in NC. It is bizarre!

Is it possible to search court info in Tipton Co TN?? Is that useless?

Wonder if she's still residing in TN and reporting to authorities there, but of course, her court dates should appear in NC. It is bizarre!

Is it possible to search court info in Tipton Co TN?? Is that useless?
Tennessee doesn't appear to have online access to public court records. I think I figured this out on another TN case recently, but I'm not recalling the case.

Wife given $750K bond in 1st-degree murder case of Arden surgeon

November 9th 2017
Along with the bond, Judge Alan Thornburg ordered McCutcheon to report weekly to authorities in Tennessee, where she currently lives.

Tipton County Government Court System
Welcome to Tipton County, TN
Home | Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts
http://www.tsc.state.tn.us/sites/de...cy_aoc_records_policy_-_effective_4-19-18.pdf

upload_2019-2-3_12-51-1.png

Looking for any updates. I last found that she was released in November last year but nothing else is showing. Anyone know?

Maybe they don't believe they have enough to go to trial, so dismissed the case without prejudice? If they later find that they have enough evidence against her, they can refile. (Just guessing, though. I know nothing -- except that she did it!)

Last edited:
What happened in court on Monday? I don't find a news article.
I also don't find another scheduled court date - Court Dates | North Carolina Judicial Branch
Court date now shows - Monday, 05/13/2019
Maybe 05/06/2019 court date was cancelled/rescheduled?
I hope a news reporter writes an article soon!

Court Dates | North Carolina Judicial Branch
Case Details - 05/11/2019
Case Number: 17CRS000529
Defendant Name: MCCUTCHEON,BRENDA,KAY
County: BUNCOMBE
Court Date: 05/13/2019
Session: AM
Court Room: 0510

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online