AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it’s possible the call dropped or the phone died. But do you think it more likely that the perp ended the call? Since the call was so short. Would help to know where it was found. And I know we already talked about maybe Denise hiding in bathroom.
Yelling in the background indicates, imo, that killer is still there..something horrible is still going on. In that case, killer would have to have discovered 911 had been called (and possibly ended call himself) in order to get out of there in 4 minutes, before LE arrived on scene.

Last edited:
Besides quoting my own post... I just wanted to add a word about the 911 log.
Notice it states "Advised door kicked in"
I believe that means that the officer "advised" the dispatcher that the door was kicked in by the officer to gain access... As I recall, during one of the press releases the Sherrif said that there were NO SIGNS of forced entry...

But if people are stuck on the door kicked in theory... then that may very well be, but remember, the dad worked until midnight, so he may have found it kicked in and again... was ambushed as he entered the home. Because from the 911 log, there is nothing about the direction the dad was found in (i.e. facing the door)...
LE saw his feet sticking out of the door and said the door was ajar, so they could not have kicked it in.

Besides quoting my own post... I just wanted to add a word about the 911 log.
Notice it states "Advised door kicked in"
I believe that means that the officer "advised" the dispatcher that the door was kicked in by the officer to gain access... As I recall, during one of the press releases the Sherrif said that there were NO SIGNS of forced entry...

But if people are stuck on the door kicked in theory... then that may very well be, but remember, the dad worked until midnight, so he may have found it kicked in and again... was ambushed as he entered the home. Because from the 911 log, there is nothing about the direction the dad was found in (i.e. facing the door)...

Investigators said there were signs of forced entry but no sign of Jayme.

Update on Jayme Closs Search Expected Wednesday

I can tell you for absolute certain you can call 911 from an iphone without intentionally dialing anything. I'm not sure how you're supposed to do it, but I've done it twice now just by putting my phone into a clamp type phone holder backwards. Somehow it squeezes the sides while I'm settling in and next thing you know I'm explaining myself again and telling them there is no emergency.
Yes - hold down on/off button while simultaneously holding up or down volume button. Or just ask Siri to call.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been discussed already but do you think if the perp was known to Jayme or Denise, the one who made the call would have slipped their name into the dialogue? If someone I knew was hurting/kidnapping my family I’d probably be like, “[so & so’s name], stop! No!” At some point. Unless I was literally dying.

And who knows, maybe this happened and they can’t tell because of all the noise... I don’t know. I’ve just been thinking this has to be someone they knew... until this popped into my head.

IMO/MOO/etc

Yelling in the background indicates, imo, that killer is still there..something horrible is still going on. In that case, killer would have to have discovered 911 had been called (and possible ended call himself) in order to get out of there in 4 minutes, before LE arrived on scene.
That’s my thinking exactly. Initially, I tried to make the time gap between gunshots and 911 call make sense , by theorizing that the call was made by a dying family member, who had perhaps struggled to a phone with their dying breaths.

The yelling and background noises, excludes that for me now.

I can tell you for absolute certain you can call 911 from an iphone without intentionally dialing anything. I'm not sure how you're supposed to do it, but I've done it twice now just by putting my phone into a clamp type phone holder backwards. Somehow it squeezes the sides while I'm settling in and next thing you know I'm explaining myself again and telling them there is no emergency.

I unfortunately had to call 911 this summer when I thought my husband was having a stroke. I manually dialed it on my cell phone. Idk what that blogger is complaining about.

ETA - I am reading that post as the blogger saying her son can’t manually dial 911 anymore but maybe I am reading it wrong? I am confused

I could not find any news coverage on this today. Ashleigh Benfield, from HLN, just announced that today was her last day working for the station. I have no idea where she is going, but I really liked her reporting on this. So many theories out there that my head is spinning. LE is not releasing certain information because they feel it may jeopardize the investigation. There is a reason why the family is not talking and I know many here have already responded to that. Again, we know nothing of the family time line on that day. There is no rhyme or reason for any of this. Very sad.

Yelling in the background indicates, imo, that killer is still there..something horrible is still going on. In that case, killer would have to have discovered 911 had been called (and possible ended call himself) in order to get out of there in 4 minutes, before LE arrived on scene.

Lots of folks seem to be focusing on one perp, but LE is looking for two specific vehicles that they feel may be related to this crime. Out of all the other vehicles that night on a fairly busy highway - and at that time of night - those two stood out. Out of all the other vehicles riding through Barron and adjacent communities that night - and at that time of night - those two stood out. Why is that?

JMO.

It would be nice if no one ever opened their door late at night or early in the morning but that simply is not the case

Many of the home invasions both in my state and across the country many of the victims did open the door even when it was pitch dark late at night or early morning.

Most of them showed no forced entry when the victims were found murdered inside or severely beaten.

Many people are still trusting. Millions of people don't belong to crime blogs or even watch the news much.

I do believe James could have opened the door if someone knocked late at night and whoever was standing there tried to force their way inside. Imo

He may have been able to shut the door back and then pushed against it with all of his strength trying to keep them out.

Imo that is when the suspect was able to kick the door open by splintering the area of the door jam where the door lock was located.

Jmo

I am very trusting till about 9:00. My children would be bellowing Mom! My grandchildren Grandie! But they would not be be there at IMO time of night without calling first. My good friends the same. They would call, I need a place to crash! Yes( even at the age of 60) I would know they were coming and what they needed. They would hear about my inconvenience when they were ready. But I CERTAINLY, would know who was at my door at that time of night.

Lots of folks seem to be focusing on one perp, but LE is looking for two specific vehicles that they feel may be related to this crime. Out of all the other vehicles that night driving on a fairly busy highway - and at that time of night - those two stood out. Out of all the other vehicles riding through Barron and adjacent communities that night - and at that time of night - those two stood out. Why?

JMO.
Mentioned that they were seen by home security cameras and business cameras and are only vehicles of interest. Doesn't mean both were involved. Doesn't mean either were involved, for that matter. jmo

From thread 12: Lillymac wrote "I guess we will find out when and if James had two wounds. I have only heard shot to the head."
Can you cite a source that said it was to the head?

<modsnip - info from article is behind a paywall>

Last edited by a moderator:
Mentioned that they were seen by home security cameras and business cameras and are only vehicles of interest. Doesn't mean both were involved. Doesn't mean either were involved, for that matter. jmo

I would bet that if LE publicly asks for information on two specific vehicles seen in the area that night that they are fairly confident that those vehicles are involved in some way.

Likewise, they didn't ask the owners to come forward. Rather, they asked the public to share information about seeing them in the area. Why is that?

JMO.

That’s my thinking exactly. Initially, I tried to make the time gap between gunshots and 911 call make sense , by theorizing that the call was made by a dying family member, who had perhaps struggled to a phone with their dying breaths.

The yelling and background noises, excludes that for me now.

That’s the other big clue... who made the 911 call, the timeline when the shots were heard by the neighbor and the time elapsed from when the 911 call was made, and the quick get away. The first responders was there in four minutes after the 911 call!

The silence on the end of the caller, with yelling in the background, suggests to me the caller wanted help but was silenced by the offender, followed by the quick getaway.

I’ll call it a night. Hang in there. Hopefully, more answers will come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305