GUILTY MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - #11

This was one case that broke my heart. As hard as she tried to get away from him she still wasnt safe. I hope he RIH.

:bump: for Venus.

I just ran across this case today. How devastating! I hope she is found soon so her mother can have the closure she deserves.

This case is very bizarre too! How the husband hired someone to be his alibi in one place... what a nut!

I'm glad they were able to put his behind in jail though! Without a body they usually can't so it's good they could.

Crews continue to search for body of Venus Stewart, nearly six years later

http://wwmt.com/news/local/crews-continue-to-search-for-body-of-venus-stewart-nearly-six-years-later

Nearly six years after a St. Joe County woman disappeared, and her husband was convicted of her murder, search crews continue to look for Venus Stewart's body.

The Venus Foundation has been searching all morning, after a tip came in a few days ago about a piece of clothing on the railroad tracks here behind Colon High School.

Monday, the search focused on the railroad tracks behind Colon High School.

"Just the last couple days, we got a tip from someone else, so we thought we gotta check it out even if you don't think it's viable," Hopkins said.

The watchful eyes of this group turned up some animal bones, and even a buried gun, but no sign of Venus.

A search yesterday may have turned up something. Michigan State Police will check it out today.
Cadaver dogs hit on a spot.

http://wwmt.com/news/local/new-leads-on-the-venus-stuart-search-in-leonidas

The Venus Foundation said that two different cadaver dogs hit on the same spot three different times on Sunday. They say it's consistent with the cell phone tower data and the line of travel that was taken by the killer.

Michigan State Police troopers are going to investigate the area where the Venus Foundation marked on Monday.

Here is a complete Case Archive, including the lead-up to trial, the searches, everything I could find.
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Venus Stewart -MI-?sort=6&page=1

Trial and sentencing here:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...al- Sentencing- Accomplice Info?sort=6&page=1

Wow! It would be amazing if they found her after all of this time. Her family deserves to be able to bury her.

Venus Stewart was killed by her estranged husband in Colon, MI.
He was living in Newport News, VA at the time (12 hours away.)

Harts Creek, WV is actually only 7 hours away from Colon, MI.
Going there would only add about 2 hours to his drive back to VA.

WV - WV - Harts Creek, human bones found during hunting, 3 Oct 2018

It's been too long for me to remember if the details would match up but I thought someone else might remember the exact timeline involved. I still hope they will find Venus and we always thought it might be a hunter.

Venus Stewart’s murderer confessed today as to where he buried her. Estranged husband leads police to body of Venus Stewart eight years after her disapperance
Good to hear that her family can lay her to rest now...

"He said he feels remorse. He is sorry. He said he lied when proclaiming his innocence.

“You remember everything. I remember the smells, everything," he said of killing his wife. "I think about it every single second.”"

I hope he thinks about it every single second for the rest of his life.

I have updated the Case Archive for Venus Stewart.

Because of site glitches, I decided to make a new sub-section for finding her, the upcoming memorials, tributes, etc:
Venus Is Found - Memorials - Tributes by amanda reckonwith

The original Case Archive has everything up to and after the trial, like searches, etc:
Venus Stewart -MI- by amanda reckonwith

The Trial section has everything day by day throughout the trial and sentencing for both Doug Stewart and Ricky Spencer:
Trial- Sentencing- Accomplice Info by amanda reckonwith

Wow! I'm so happy for her family--what a relief after all this time. But that guy... holding onto the information until he could get something for himself out of it--there's a special place in hell...

He is so truly evil. There is a video where he's in the back of the CSI truck talking to a reporter (I think WWMT) for an "exclusive" interview. Watching his facial expressions as he talked about murdering Venus, it seemed as though he could hardly disguise his delight and excitement about what he did and how he did it. It was as if he was supressing a grin.

Wow! I'm so happy for her family--what a relief after all this time. But that guy... holding onto the information until he could get something for himself out of it--there's a special place in hell...

Yes, but there are so many that never reveal. I am honestly shocked that he revealed anything. Prayers for her family. :rose:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back