GUILTY IL - Megan Nichols, 15, found deceased, Fairfield, 3 July 2014 *ARREST in 2020*

Are you being presumptuous, or are they really still probing on with an investigation?

Who knows where the FBI are at with the investigation. I can only hope there will be some development soon... Let's not forget Megan Nichols. May her death be avenged in good time.

Who knows where the FBI are at with the investigation. I can only hope there will be some development soon... Let's not forget Megan Nichols. May her death be avenged in good time.

I agree that Megan Nichols deserves swift justice. I'm still so sad her situation resulted this way.

The Fairfield Park District met last night (Nov 13) ... In other action, the board authorized the completion of a walking path from the amphitheater at Leo French Park to the bridge on the north side of the park, and it heard a request from Kathy Jo Hutchcraft, who is hoping to build a park shelter in memory of her daughter, Megan Nichols.

Headlines for Wednesday, November 14th

An excerpt from our rules/TOS:

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Just a theory but it seems Megan planned to run away with someone to start a new life. Deleting her phone, getting money from an ATM....more than likely with the boyfriend she was forbidden to see. If she were pregnant as speculated, he probably conned her into believing they were running away so they could be together forever and coached her to delete her phone....Her murder was planned for sure.

Just a theory but it seems Megan planned to run away with someone to start a new life. Deleting her phone, getting money from an ATM....more than likely with the boyfriend she was forbidden to see. If she were pregnant as speculated, he probably conned her into believing they were running away so they could be together forever and coached her to delete her phone....Her murder was planned for sure.

We don't know who deleted her phone. We also don't know if simply getting money from an ATM on a bicycle in broad daylight should be considered suspicious, abnormal or unexpected as also claimed by her mother. We don't even know how much money was withdrawn or for which purpose (shopping with mom?)... We cannot assume her death was planned.

Last edited:
Exactly! I am local, and I do know this is being actively worked. For those accusing her mom and her dad... from what I’ve heard, they are NOT suspects. I also heard that the investigation has more than one aspect to it and before they file charges, they will have all the proof they need.

I hope, for her friends and family, that this is over soon. I can’t imagine how it would feel to be her mom, knowing people were accusing me of murdering my daughter.

We don't know who deleted her phone. We also don't know if simply getting money from an ATM on a bicycle in broad daylight should be considered suspicious, abnormal or unexpected as also claimed by her mother. We don't even know how much money was withdrawn or for which purpose (shopping with mom?)... We cannot assume her death was planned.
It isn't an assumption, it's a conclusion reasonably drawn from the known evidence.

It isn't an assumption, it's a conclusion reasonably drawn from the known evidence.

No, Ozoner… Gloria787's assumptions are merely speculative and based on claims and elaborate theories, not concrete evidence at all.

Last edited:
No, Ozoner… Gloria787's assumptions are merely speculative and based on claims and elaborate theories, not concrete evidence at all.
You're entitled to your opinion, avenger, but I couldn't disagree more.

Anyone know why the FBI has taken the lead in this case, as opposed to local authorities?

Anyone know why the FBI has taken the lead in this case, as opposed to local authorities?

It's just what the FBI does... That's what they're there for.

If a crime is committed that is a violation of local, state, and federal laws, does the FBI “take over” the investigation?

No. State and local law enforcement agencies are not subordinate to the FBI, and the FBI does not supervise or take over their investigations. Instead, the investigative resources of the FBI and state and local agencies are often pooled in a common effort to investigate and solve the cases. In fact, many task forces composed of FBI agents and state and local officers have been formed to locate fugitives and to address serious threats like terrorism and street violence.

If a crime is committed that is a violation of local, state, and federal laws, does the FBI “take over” the investigation? — FBI

• It is not a national police force; state and local law enforcement agencies are not subservient to the FBI. It's simply a different jurisdiction for different kinds of crimes.
  • It doesn't "take over" cases from local agencies. If a crime partly involves FBI jurisdiction, or if it is serious enough to require FBI involvement, then the FBI forms a task force in which agents will work closely with state and local police.
  • The FBI does not prosecute cases. It provides investigative information to United States attorneys, who then use that information to decide whether to prosecute.
How the FBI Works

It's just what the FBI does... That's what they're there for.

If a crime is committed that is a violation of local, state, and federal laws, does the FBI “take over” the investigation?

No. State and local law enforcement agencies are not subordinate to the FBI, and the FBI does not supervise or take over their investigations. Instead, the investigative resources of the FBI and state and local agencies are often pooled in a common effort to investigate and solve the cases. In fact, many task forces composed of FBI agents and state and local officers have been formed to locate fugitives and to address serious threats like terrorism and street violence.

If a crime is committed that is a violation of local, state, and federal laws, does the FBI “take over” the investigation? — FBI

• It is not a national police force; state and local law enforcement agencies are not subservient to the FBI. It's simply a different jurisdiction for different kinds of crimes.
  • It doesn't "take over" cases from local agencies. If a crime partly involves FBI jurisdiction, or if it is serious enough to require FBI involvement, then the FBI forms a task force in which agents will work closely with state and local police.
  • The FBI does not prosecute cases. It provides investigative information to United States attorneys, who then use that information to decide whether to prosecute.
How the FBI Works

This doesn’t answer my question. Let me put it this way....

Why did the FBI take lead in this case when most murders are investigated by local authorities?

This doesn’t answer my question. Let me put it this way....

Why did the FBI take lead in this case when most murders are investigated by local authorities?

Why not? They may well have reasons which can not yet be revealed.

FBI get involved with police cases when the crime involves a federal offense and/or is linked to crimes in other states. Moreso if there's major violation involving crimes against minors... Agents are usually brought in as consultants and to give resources and training to local police departments if reasonably possible, or they may take over the whole case if it's large or sensitive enough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back