AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Blume on Twitter
Nice to see this. Denise & James Closs employer Jennie-O Turkey Store stepped up to help double the FBI reward for #JaymeCloss Funeral for Jayme's parents is tomorrow. Been a difficult couple weeks at Jennie-O. #FindJayme

DqcXqL4WoAEHZWm.jpg

I could also see father comeing home in the dark, someone putting gun to head and ordering him to house, in a attempt to save family and self attempted to slam door and things went south from there. body to be in position as we understand it, all that has to happen is for him to be turned toward inside of door at moment he is shot.

Re: chair

If that is splintered wood on the front of the seat of the chair, and if it is from a bullet, then, IMO the direction of the bullet came from under the seat out the top of the seat. I can think of a few scenarios where it would be plausible, but my imagination is limited to missed target/ricochet, chair tipped over or used as shield, etc.
I was thinking they found the chair tipped over and that it may have been used as a shield as well. Or even thrown at the attacker. Maybe a bullet grazed it. Somehow the chair must be involved, we can only guess how. Jmo

Based on what we know, can we make a profile of the perp? Local, visitor, male, age, size? Employment status, loner, social? Criminal record, types of crimes?
I think there are some guesses we can make.

I think we could try. But I think that the profile would depend heavily on who the target was or the motive of this horrible crime.

If it was a robbery gone bad that profile might be different than someone who was targeting Jayme, if Denise or James was the target I would also think the profile and motive could differ. JMO

Hi just joined you guys but have been following things closely as an outside observer. Sincerely hope with all my heart that Jayme is safe even after this amount of time.

Something has been bothering me about this case for a while and really not sure if I can mention names in relation to my concerns. But a little girl is missing so here goes:

Strikes me that the Smrekar neighbours have gone a bit quiet after initially giving lots of interviews. To me, some comments are contradictory and strange. Maybe the relationship with their neighbours was strained?

One interview with Ashleigh Banfield of CNN previously discussed on this thread concerns me in that it doesn’t ring true and seems to be designed to distance the Smrekars from knowing that there was a child next door. Strange to say the least since I think both families lived there for some years.

SMREKAR: They were very quiet people. We only saw them come and go from their home. We took mail up to them that got delivered to us, and they didn`t even want to come to the door. They were just quiet, preferred I guess to be alone. You didn`t see them out in the yard doing anything. At least we didn`t.

BANFIELD: Did you ever see Jaime with any friends? Or did she ever come and go and get picked up by friends in vehicles of any kind?

SMREKAR: That I can`t tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?

BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?

SMREKAR: Yes.

BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn`t see collections of friends coming and going from that house?

SMREKAR: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren`t out there doing things.

In a video interview with Joan Smrekar and her husband Search for missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs expands as police hunt for 2 cars seen by Wisconsin home | Daily Mail Online. There is a strange statement at timing point 0.58 where he is describing the helicopter flying back and forward over his house and says: “… and this is where they are at, it’s kind of uncomfortable, not SCARY uncomfortable for us…uncomfortable for accomplishing something.” Also his body language is full of self-touch especially on his leg which may indicate insecurity.

A fuller search of the neighbour’s property might be a good idea.

Oh my gosh, I've just posted about this! Sorry, I didn't see your post first!

Hi just joined you guys but have been following things closely as an outside observer. Sincerely hope with all my heart that Jayme is safe even after this amount of time.

Something has been bothering me about this case for a while and really not sure if I can mention names in relation to my concerns. But a little girl is missing so here goes:

Strikes me that the Smrekar neighbours have gone a bit quiet after initially giving lots of interviews. To me, some comments are contradictory and strange. Maybe the relationship with their neighbours was strained?

One interview with Ashleigh Banfield of CNN previously discussed on this thread concerns me in that it doesn’t ring true and seems to be designed to distance the Smrekars from knowing that there was a child next door. Strange to say the least since I think both families lived there for some years.

SMREKAR: They were very quiet people. We only saw them come and go from their home. We took mail up to them that got delivered to us, and they didn`t even want to come to the door. They were just quiet, preferred I guess to be alone. You didn`t see them out in the yard doing anything. At least we didn`t.

BANFIELD: Did you ever see Jaime with any friends? Or did she ever come and go and get picked up by friends in vehicles of any kind?

SMREKAR: That I can`t tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?

BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?

SMREKAR: Yes.

BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn`t see collections of friends coming and going from that house?

SMREKAR: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren`t out there doing things.

In a video interview with Joan Smrekar and her husband Search for missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs expands as police hunt for 2 cars seen by Wisconsin home | Daily Mail Online. There is a strange statement at timing point 0.58 where he is describing the helicopter flying back and forward over his house and says: “… and this is where they are at, it’s kind of uncomfortable, not SCARY uncomfortable for us…uncomfortable for accomplishing something.” Also his body language is full of self-touch especially on his leg which may indicate insecurity.

A fuller search of the neighbour’s property might be a good idea.
Hmmm..are these the same neighbors who supposedly heard the shots?

Please note that when LE and the Feds have a suspect in custody, it gets reported right away. With that being said I doubt LE has a suspect in custody in this case as we have spoken about previously when looking at the daily arrest rooster.

Does anyone else have real trouble with the credibility of the neighbours statement and subsequent interviews? I don't mean they had anything to do with it, or are lying purposely, maybe more that they've got caught up in the attention? I must admit that right from the start, as soon as they said they didn't know a child was living in the house and then in the next breath said they saw Jayme get off the school bus outside the house every day, everything thereafter I've taken with a grain of salt.
I think they should have stopped after the first interview. Maybe LE finally advised them not to give anymore. Jmo

I thought maybe he parked there so Denise could get her car out in the morning. Unless when he arrived there was already another car there. Jmo

Though the angle is bad, it seems like she's parked in front of the left garage bay. Why? Unless she would typically leave the right side open for another vehicle.

In one moment I believe they were all home and in bed when this event occurred. In the next moment I think he pulled up and someone was in his spot or he had reason to park for easy front entry. Even if I park in my driveway or in my street, I'm likely to hit the garage door button and enter through the garage on any normal day instead of my front door.

Edited: poor grammar

Why not just park beside her next to the house? Appears to be room for two cars there. The truck looks like it was parked rather hurriedly to me. JMO.
Yes, maybe that was the only place he could park if there was another car already there. I edited my post to add that. It does look like he intentional parked partially on the grass to either make room for another car to get out or because that was the only closest place to park. Jmo

I think it's premature to assume LE knows nothing, based on the fact they aren't sharing details.
They know the location of both bodies.
They know type of weapon(s), number of shots.
They more than likely know who placed the 911 call, based on where the phone was located and fingerprint or other dna evidence.
They know what was heard on that 911 call.
They know what direction those vehicles were traveling.
They know what shift JC worked that day.
They know if Jayme was/wasn't interacting with anyone online.
They know if the door was kicked or shot in.
I'm sure there are an endless list of details they do know that they feel disclosing would hinder their investigation.

JMO
Yes, this is an excellent point! let's keep the faith

Interesting neighbors for sure. Those contradictions, though. Admitting to seeing her get off the school bus everyday followed up with "I didn't even know they had children" is just weird, even for a person who is nervous to be interviewed. In spite of that weirdness, I do believe that the neighbor in question here has recently stated that their home and property has been searched quite thoroughly, though I am not in a position to find that particular link to support.

If they only saw the daughter getting on (and perhaps off) of the bus, and not out playing in the yard, etc. - they might have assumed that the child was being cared for/sat there, rather than being their kid. Sometimes if people live in an area where the schools are not so great, they'll list the child's residence as somewhere else (like a relatives house) and let the kid go to school from there, so that they can attend a better school system.

Re: chair

If that is splintered wood on the front of the seat of the chair, and if it is from a bullet, then, IMO the direction of the bullet came from under the seat out the top of the seat. I can think of a few scenarios where it would be plausible, but my imagination is limited to missed target/ricochet, chair tipped over or used as shield, etc.

Here's a closeup. The two prevailing theories being "damage" or "LE tags".

Protrusions (speculated splinters) are rigid when the chair moves up and down in video, unlike the ties that flap around as it's carried.

911 call traced to phone of missing Wisconsin girl's mother, authorities say - CNN

splinters.jpg

the chair, I don't think a chair like that would be strong enough to hold someone tied down. I think even a child wrestling restraints tied to it would break the wood rod in the back of the chair. I think odd things are just present and unrelated sometimes.
My thought had been: maybe the chair was used by DC or JC for barricading a door. Though the chair isn't damaged or broken - that is making less sense now.

Does anyone else have real trouble with the credibility of the neighbours statement and subsequent interviews? I don't mean they had anything to do with it, or are lying purposely, maybe more that they've got caught up in the attention? I must admit that right from the start, as soon as they said they didn't know a child was living in the house and then in the next breath said they saw Jayme get off the school bus outside the house every day, everything thereafter I've taken with a grain of salt.

I thought maybe 1 of the Smrekars did not know they have a child and the other Smrekar knew a child gets off the bus there. There are 2 of them, its possible. I cant locate the actual video to determine if both Smrekars are speaking in that interview or if 1 is in the background giving their 2 cents or what. It's quite possible a lot of what's happening is backtracking because they were told by LE to zip it. They realise they've let something slip & backpeddle?? Or, its just 2 perspectives coming from a couple, so they would both have their own perceptions individually & maybe agree to some scenario as a couple after talking about it as a couple. The wife may see the bus daily, knows they have a child, the husband may never realise they had kids but now that she(wife) mentions it he has seen the bus a couple times.
Bad idea for them to give anymore interviews at this point b/c they will be ripped apart and every detail discussed repeatedly. It's in poor taste anyway MOO

If they only saw the daughter getting on (and perhaps off) of the bus, and not out playing in the yard, etc. - they might have assumed that the child was being cared for/sat there, rather than being their kid. Sometimes if people live in an area where the schools are not so great, they'll list the child's residence as somewhere else (like a relatives house) and let the kid go to school from there, so that they can attend a better school system.
Why did Jayme take off from the school bus daily, if she had an auntie caring for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine