AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in rural area - hearing gunshots and most likely is someone shooting coyotes, wild hogs, other varmints (possum, raccoon, armadillo). Illegal deer hunting too.
Unless it sounded close or multiples - I wouldn’t call police.

It's a small town, IF the perp is local and left some DNA behind AND someone from his/her family has done a commercial DNA test, the LE could work their way back to his/her immediate family and know who did this soon. I'm hoping that LE already has an idea they just don't have enough evidence to make the arrest.

Several cold cases in my area have recently been solved that way.

yes. and Wisconsin is one of the states that allows this (I believe a poster gave a link in a previous thread to confirm this). My aunt sent her DNA out to be tested and it turns out we found out two weeks ago I have a paternal aunt that no one knew about for over 50 years. God forbid anyone in my family ever committed a crime, they would likely be able to match something from my paternal side where the DNA came from and work back words from there.

When I try to snip quotes, it messes up. How do you do it right?
TIA.

Been following along here the best that I can.

Reviewing the Sheriff's response to the call log info. Ashleigh Banfield goes on to ask him for a few more clarifications that he won't comment on after the snippet of interview I've quoted.

I question whether or not the responding officers actually confirmed their initial belief that JC's feet were seen. I mean it sounds like it is confirmed JC was found in the open doorway. Maybe they only thought they were seeing feet from afar but upon closer examination it was not his feet? Just a thought.

From CNN.com - Transcripts

BANFIELD: Well, sheriff, it sounds like such a confounding story. And just over the weekend, we were reading through the logs of the 911 call and the

response to the Closs home and it`s quite harrowing. And I think the transcripts really sort of tell a narrative of what happened in that home

prior to Jayme being taken. Can you walk me through, now that it`s public knowledge, what those first responding officers saw at the front door and

beyond?

FITZGERALD: Well, in some degree, I can. And again, the logs that we released aren`t always the evidence that`s collected at the scene. They`re

the first initial appearance that an officer goes through
. But yeah, our -- the initial appearance with an officer were obviously some kind of

commotion, as you stated, last week in the show. Our officers responded, pulled into the driveway, and saw an open door and then saw what they

believed to be feet.
And then responded up there and found the bodies of James Closs and then went in the house and found Denise Closs.

BANFIELD: How far -- how far -- yeah, how far in the house was Denise Closs? If James Closs was found at the door, and as you just mentioned, I

think that`s the first I`ve heard of this, sir, that when you`re officers responded, they could see his feet from the driveway sticking out of the

open door of the home. Is that correct?

FITZGERALD: I don`t know exactly where they -- when they picked him up on site. I don`t know if they pulled in the driveway or when they exactly saw

them, but the door was ajar
. And I can`t comment on where Denise was found in the house. But I think going to any scene like that, that`s what we

train our officers to do is their first initial observations and that`s why that`s collected in that call log.

Last edited:
So I realize this is a far fetched idea. However, I’ve been watching Criminal Minds on Netflix. There was an episode where this family that led a different lifestyle than is the norm had a tradition of kidnapping a young girl to be groomed (brainwashed) into being a wife for their young son. The family of three go in the home. The mother is responsible for restraining the young girl and consoling her while the father and the son kill her parents. There is nothing specifically to suggest this happened here, but just thought I’d throw it out there for discussion.

That statement was in regards to Jayme switching schools, not about the family moving.

Refresh my memory about school. Did she switch from her neighborhood school to one further away but closer to the aunt? And when, just this school year in August/September (whenever school starts in WI)?

It would surprise me, and in my experience, if public school transportation would transport her to her home if she was 'open-enrolled' in a school other than her home school.

Seems likely the neighbors saw the school bus last year, but not this year. Not sure it matters regardless, as the neighbors' statements about knowing whether or not they had a child were all over the place.

Edited: my grammar sucks once again

Last edited:
So I realize this is a far fetched idea. However, I’ve been watching Criminal Minds on Netflix. There was an episode where this family that led a different lifestyle than is the norm had a tradition of kidnapping a young girl to be groomed (brainwashed) into being a wife for their young son. The family of three go in the home. The mother is responsible for restraining the young girl and consoling her while the father and the son kill her parents. There is nothing specifically to suggest this happened here, but just thought I’d throw it out there for discussion.

Anything is possible I guess but I highly doubt that is the case here. That's JMO.

Holy *advertiser censored***

Refresh my memory about school. Did she switch from her neighborhood school to one further away but closer to the aunt? And when, just this school year in August/September (whenever school starts in WI)?

It would surprise me, and in my experience, if public school transportation would transport her to her home if she was 'open-enrolled' in a school other than her home school.

Seems likely the neighbors saw the school bus last year, but not this year. Not sure it matters regardless, as the neighbors' statements about knowing whether or not they had a child were all over the place.

Edited: my grammar sucks once again
The new middle school is closer to home by about 7 miles/11 minutes.

Last edited:
Perhaps the parents worked odd shifts at the factory, and needed a guardian for Jayme during work hours?
Yes, that I do understand. But why would Jayme return to her own home and didn't drive to auntie's home? Makes only sense, if auntie waited for her in the Closs' home.

I am confused earlier on I thought it was stated by LE or in an interview that the Closs family moved to Barron because jayme's caretaker moved to Barron? I may be confused about something.
School admin said she was there because caretaker lived in district. That is curious. Maybe she switched elementary schools to the one her caretaker lived in bec it was preferable somehow. Now that she is in Middle School, she attends the only public Middle School in town.

We've seen that some perps just enjoy the mayhem and terror of killing. It's part of the "fun". That's why they may have stormed in and killed the parents even though they could've taken Jayme more easily at another time.

Although this looks like a pretty sheltered, protected child who is busy with activities and likely always with a parent or other adult such as teacher, dance instructor, etc. So I'm not sure there were many times when she was alone.
Waiting for and getting off the bus on a highway where 6000 vehicles go by everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88