GUILTY NY - Suspicious device found near President Bill Clinton and Hillary’s Home, Chappaqua, Oct 2018

The media really needs to verify their fact before reporting.

Cesar Sayoc is not a Native American. He claims to be a citizen of the Seminole Nation, however. Seminole Nation spokesperson Gary Bitner:

“There’s no record of him being a member of the Tribe. He’s not a member of the Seminole Tribe, has never been a member of the Seminole Tribe.“ Also, he likely did not work for the Tribe

Dqc6kjtXQAAL8xe.jpg

I've seen vehicles covered with stickers like that, and not just about politics or in support of any one specific viewpoint. (Recently I saw a small SUV wallpapered in stickers supporting National Parks.. wut). It's a form of expression. One I find tacky and sometimes repugnant, but people do it.

There is a qualitative difference between festooning one’s vehicle with stickers & visuals vs covering your car with threats of violence, which is what those stickers showing people with targets over them is.

Regardless of whether the targeted people are enemies of the far left or the far right, these threats should be seen as threats and denounced by all. Otherwise this becomes normalized, just as so much of our civic dysfunction has been.

Well, the Feds are calling it an act of domestic terrorism. So they can wave Miranda. Good. It was a sweeping crime, and the intention took thought and planning.

When I hear, oh well the bombs were not capable of going off or doing harm, I don't think we have all that information, yet. And, it in no way lessens the intention.

Think of everyone in the path of the intended targets. We're talking thousands.

Trump's daughter in law opened a letter last year at her home, containing white powder. The fact that the powder was benign, the absolute intention to terrorize was not.

It's awful. And, no, in a country this size, and with our freedoms, there's no policing everyone. In a situation like this, and others, it's how people handle it.

Would be nice to turn down the heat in the USA. Stop demonizing. Pray no copy cat bombers.

Yes, the one who sent the bombs, according to police, and was pictured at a Trump rally in his little red MAGA cap.

Why not just refer to him as a bomber, which is all that is relevant on a non political thread.

There is a qualitative difference between festooning one’s vehicle with stickers & visuals vs covering your car with threats of violence, which is what those stickers showing people with targets over them is.

Regardless of whether the targeted people are enemies of the far left or the far right, these threats should be seen as threats and denounced by all. Otherwise this becomes normalized, just as so much of our civic dysfunction has been.
My point was covering your car with stickers doesn't mean you aren't sane.

The type of stickers makes a difference, for sure, and he was sending a clear and threatening message.

Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Why not just refer to him as a bomber, which is all that is relevant on a non political thread.
Because he's pictured in that adorable little red MAGA cap.

Because that adorable little red MAGA cap may hide but does not excuse the hatred boiling in the alleged bomb-builder's brain, and may indicate how it got there.

Cesar Sayoc is not a Native American. He claims to be a citizen of the Seminole Nation, however. Seminole Nation spokesperson Gary Bitner:

“There’s no record of him being a member of the Tribe. He’s not a member of the Seminole Tribe, has never been a member of the Seminole Tribe.“ Also, he likely did not work for the Tribe

Dqc6kjtXQAAL8xe.jpg
Here is the link to their actual statement:
Statement from the Seminole Tribe of Florida, Seminole Gaming and Hard Rock International

The guy is a Pretendian.

No, of course not. I'm just saying, let's not immediately blame his political party, even if we (myself included) don't approve of them.

just like they themselves call for muslims to denounce their own for radicalizing and doing terroristic attacks, the right needs to take accountability. otherwise it is pretty hypocritical to only expect it from others

The normalization is what is so frightening to me. The normalization of so much violence, racism, and hate is just continuing to downgrade our country.

The normalization is what is so frightening to me. The normalization of so much violence, racism, and hate is just continuing to downgrade our country.

I agree, the people looking for equality and looking out for humanity try to focus on protesting and those who oppose it make calls for violence. its a sick thing.,

Because he's pictured in that adorable little red MAGA cap.

Because that adorable little red MAGA cap may hide but does not excuse the hatred boiling in the alleged bomb-builder's brain, and may indicate how it got there.

A red cap doesn't cause mental illness nor hatred. That is common knowledge to most.

Dqc6kjtXQAAL8xe.jpg

The media reports I’ve seen (heavy.com & cnn so far) have quoted what he wrote on FB & Twitter vs reporting that he is a tribal member.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back