Megyn Kelly NBC today show fiasco

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Two years of pent-up bitterness and backbiting about Megyn Kelly have finally come to a head at NBC News.

Her exit from the 9 a.m. hour of the "Today" show appears to be imminent. Variety reported on Wednesday evening that Kelly and NBC News executives have been holding conversations about a new role for her.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....dia/megyn-kelly-blackface-al-roker/index.html

It looks like Megyn Kelly will be leaving NBC one year into her three year $69 million contract. I knew her move from Fox News to NBC in the morning would not end well. We used to get Fox News in the U.K and Megyn was just not suited to morning television in my opinion. I don’t think she has the personality for it.

The NBC shareholders must be mad at her getting a $69 million contract when the ratings have not been good and she has made some big errors. I’m surprised the management who signed her will keep their jobs.

Yeah, I stopped watching the Today show a bit after Megyn started her 9 o’clocc show. I loved the banter between Al Tamryn Hall and the others. They laughed a lot and it was upbeat. Why the debacle that is Megyn Kelly happened is a mystery.

O/T ...........we need a thread on this ridiculous lottery going on....power ball....mega millions. Too much for one person......spread the joy somehow and break down the numbers.

I used to enjoy her when she worked at Fox alongside Bill Hemmer....I thought they made a good team. She is very intelligent and well spoken. When she moved to NBC I could hardly stand to watch her anymore. It seemed like she was enjoying her publicity a little too much and I just got tired of hearing about her and constantly seeing her photo everywhere. Maybe overexposure along with her ‘becoming the story’ a bit too much.

I felt it was a huge mistake to remove Tamryn Hall & Willie Guiest ( spelling)? Also messed up removing Anne Curry. Megan Kelly was not a good choice for NBC. I can't put my finger on why I dislike her and her personality so very much. Very glad that Billy Bush is gone. Train wreck.

'Megyn Kelly Today' Canceled Following Blackface Controversy: Reports

I will no longer have to change the channel for that one hour whenever I have the opportunity to watch the Today show, which I've been doing since she joined. I don't see one ounce of genuine or sincere anything about her unless she's talking about herself.

Ugh. No, Megyn, it was never okay.

Never liked her and couldn’t understand why anyone thought her move would be a good fit. This was inevitable.

Megyn Kelly was making racist comments long before 'blackface.' NBC hired her anyway.

Kelly had a long track record of racial demagoguery at Fox News before she ever set foot in the NBC studios. It would be different if she had come to terms with her own racial animus and worked to overcome it and make amends with the communities she had harmed. But NBC hired an unrepentant Kelly, who spoke with pride of all her work at Fox News.

(Kirsten Powers, a CNN news analyst, writes regularly for USA TODAY and is co-host of The Faith Angle podcast.)

Megyn wants a settlement of nearly $50 million for the remaining 1 year and 10 months of her contract according to TMZ. It will be interesting to see if she ever works on tv again after this.

I can’t believe the salary she and others were getting.

Megyn Kelly was making racist comments long before 'blackface.' NBC hired her anyway.

Kelly had a long track record of racial demagoguery at Fox News before she ever set foot in the NBC studios. It would be different if she had come to terms with her own racial animus and worked to overcome it and make amends with the communities she had harmed. But NBC hired an unrepentant Kelly, who spoke with pride of all her work at Fox News.

(Kirsten Powers, a CNN news analyst, writes regularly for USA TODAY and is co-host of The Faith Angle podcast.)

Yes, it was very shocking when NBC hired her. What were they thinking? The Today show is pretty much unwatchable now. I watched it regularly since the late 70's and finally gave up this year. Bringing Kelly on was bad, but they've messed with the morning show so much in the last couple years that I don't like it anymore. Very little news, mostly just promoting products of advertisers and movies and tv shows owned by NBC's parent company. The silly games, pranks, endless cooking stuff and celebrity interviews are just tiresome. I switched to CBS for it's morning show, at least it has some substance, actual news reports.

If they bring back news reporting, with some actual journalists, I'll start watching again. And, yeah, bring back Willie Geist, put Hoda back with Kathie Lee. Don't make me watch that insipid show on MSNBC to see his reporting.

MILLIONS to give their opinion. Well, we ALL give ours here, where are our millions? Those millions are why I don't believe newscasters. They are paid to say what the networks want them to say. If you deviate from that line, you're fired. How can we expect to hear FACTS when so much money is at stake?

Yes, it was very shocking when NBC hired her. What were they thinking? The Today show is pretty much unwatchable now. I watched it regularly since the late 70's and finally gave up this year. Bringing Kelly on was bad, but they've messed with the morning show so much in the last couple years that I don't like it anymore. Very little news, mostly just promoting products of advertisers and movies and tv shows owned by NBC's parent company. The silly games, pranks, endless cooking stuff and celebrity interviews are just tiresome. I switched to CBS for it's morning show, at least it has some substance, actual news reports.

If they bring back news reporting, with some actual journalists, I'll start watching again. And, yeah, bring back Willie Geist, put Hoda back with Kathie Lee. Don't make me watch that insipid show on MSNBC to see his reporting.

I pretty much stopped watching Today when Tamryn Hall left. I turned the program on in the morning for news updates, but Today has gone in a different direction and doesn't have much real news any more. I've never like KLG but enjoy Hoda and Jenna Bush-Hager. Never watched MK; definitely not a fan. If I notice that there is going to be a special feature or guest that I might like, I'll tune in, but I rarely watch Today any more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back