AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the motive was simply to take Jayme for purposes I’d rather not discuss.
That's what I think too, but that's what makes this case so unusual. Child abductors tend to avoid adult confrontation at all costs. In this case he brutally murdered the parents in order to take her, if that's what the intent was. It really complicates things and leads one to think maybe the parents were targeted for other reasons. Jmo

Yes, to me that indicates that he was a doting parent and that she was his world, just as someone was reported as saying about the parents, or at least Denise. There is plenty that we as parents want to protect our children from, especially at age 13.
Agree. I think it's just a nice way of saying her dad cared and took care of her.

Oh sorry.
See the confusing part for me is the cops getting there in 4 minutes. Basically they would of had to drag jayme out of the house and leave the car running all in 4 minutes. That is where things dont add up for me and makes me think the person was already there and maybe jayme was already in the running car

Did they pull the mattress out of the house
LE took the mattress or mattresses but not initially. It was only after a second team took another look at the crime scene, which they said was common procedure. I think they are just trying to cover all bases. If there was some kind of obvious evidence, like blood, I think they would have taken it the first time. In my opinion it does not mean there is any evidence there at all, just that it is possible. Jmo

Last edited:
For me, the motive was simply to take Jayme for purposes I’d rather not discuss.

I for one appreciate you not wanting to discuss it since there is no evidence this innocent 13 year old was taken for nefarious reasons. Hopefully she wasn't.

As I am now curious as to how many people carry guns I just looked it up. About 6 percent of Americans have a concealed license to carry. So they as well as those who carry illegally may have a gun in their vehicle. That leaves about 90% who do not. Jmo

Iirc, you don't need a cc to carry a gun in your vehicle. In my state anyways

As I am now curious as to how many people carry guns I just looked it up. About 6 percent of Americans have a concealed license to carry. So they as well as those who carry illegally may have a gun in their vehicle. That leaves about 90% who do not. Jmo

That's a good thought. I believe LE said they believe Jayme was present when her parents were shot. We don't know when that was and we don't know who placed the 911 call, just that it was Denise's cell. Her parents could have been shot and the perp(s) put Jayme in the car immediately or at the same time.

This was in response to jkloc420.
It didn't attach quote for some reason.

LE took the mattress or mattresses but not initially. It was only after a second group took another look at the crime scene, which they said was common procedure. I think they are just trying to cover all bases. If there was some kind of obvious evidence, like blood, I think they would have taken it the first time. In my opinion it does not mean there is any evidence there at all, just that it is possible. Jmo
got it

Re: "ran out of bullets" theory.

It's certainly possible, I'm not discounting it completely, however, it's statistically less likely.

Most years, firearms used in homicides are about 90% handguns, 3% rifles, 7% other or not known; roughly speaking.

Common handguns sold today (outside of CA and NY, etc.) have a 14-16 round magazine capacity (+1 in chamber) and are sold with 2 magazines.

Here's a link, it's older, but not much has changed. FBI has lots of stats available, this was just the first that came up.
Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

I am very interested in the red car found in Oshkosh in the river/lake. Unfortunately your first link about someone yelling for help near there says Updated September 23, 2018 not October, so it could be related to the river car but not to missing Jayme.

Good catch! I swore it said October..... staring at all these dates I guess they all look alike after while.:eek:

Replying to my own post.

MsBetsy I hear what you are saying. The numbers are probably still in the minority of people that have guns in their vehicles.

So most likely someone brought a gun with them for the purpose of committing a crime.

First time poster here....
I’ve been reading these pages. I’m not sure if I missed it somewhere. I read she ran cross country at school. I’ve had kids in cross country, and they are out and about running around town and country roads, woods. Usually they are in groups.
Someone on their running route could have seen her, got a fixation and obsessed. I’m hoping LE has checked out that angle.
Great forum btw.

Welcome Louie.:):):):):):)
Your first post with good info.
As Jayme, was good at cross country running, she may have run quite a distance, from her home, before caught by the Perpetrator.
If, of coarse, she managed to try to run.
MOO.

A Poster, here recently, stated he purposely went to try to locate the house.
He missed it, a couple of times, as difficult to spot while driving.
There is the possibility this criminal is an acquaintance, but also, someone, who had spotted the house previously.
Knowing, it was isolated, unseen, a murder could occur, and not be discovered, for some time.

Although some theorize they got the wrong house? That a woman was arrested in the house next door (obviously not the Smrekars) the very next day.

Last edited:
See the confusing part for me is the cops getting there in 4 minutes. Basically they would of had to drag jayme out of the house and leave the car running all in 4 minutes. That is where things dont add up for me and makes me think the person was already there and maybe jayme was already in the running car

It was actually 7 minutes according to the dispatch log. An extra 3 minutes is a long time for something like this.

I have zero doubt that the FBI/LE are indeed examining every possibility -
I myself will not publicly scrutinize those.......no reason to believe & if mistaken can cause great emotional, psychological harm to surviving friends and family....
I'll leave that to the experts

Otherwise, conspiracy theories seem to have no place here on websleuths
I understand there are many forums/websites that cater to conspiracies and the inability to prove any of 'em....but thankfully this place ain't one of them....

I had zero idea they had located the phone used to call 911. I must have missed more in these posts than I thought. I work in southern WI, and we all got the same Amber Alert at the same time at work so have been following collectively. Wonder what other important facts I've missed. TY for pointing this out.

If it is an iPhone, would they give LE access w/o owner permission? I can barely pay a bill w/o authorized access.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that this family was engaged in any illicit activity.

By all accounts, they were “salt of the earth” type people.

They are victims, and accusing them of any transgressions in order to formulate a theory, is wrong in every conceivable way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member