AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search For Jayme Closs Enters 2nd Week
It’s been two weeks since Jayme Closs disappeared from her western Wisconsin home, where her parents were fatally gunned down inside.

Although investigators have received more than 1,400 tips in the case, there’s yet to be any major break. Currently, there is a $50,000 reward for information that leads to Jayme Closs.

Search for Jayme Closs enters week three
The Barron County Sheriff Department has received over 1,900 tips, but no leads have been made public.

Mike Duncan, News Director at WJMC Radio in Rice Lake joined Wisconsin’s Morning News for more on the efforts. To listen to the full interview, click in the player below.
Thank you for the update- 2 whole weeks and no Jayme.

Musing questions post - Who could kill these parents, kidnap Jayme for whatever reasons, and hide her out in their home, or anywhere secure all this time ?....Opinion- An unemployed/self employed/job employed probably single man( unless she is held at a separate location from his home) who could hold her captive all this time, without disrupting his normal day to day life patterns, that would be noticeable to other people, and keep his mouth shut...... Who could have killed these parents, kidnapped Jayme for whatever reasons, and killed her within probably the first 24 hours, and disposed of her body ?.....Opinion - Anyone that could keep their mouth shut and go about their daily life patterns as usual...........Conclusion - This killer seems to be both vicious, very lucky, and clever up to this time.

Good morning! I have been taking myself away from this because everything seems to just be regurgitated daily and I come up with nothing new. But I caught up and haven't seen anything about something that has been bothering me.

The second address they went to in Cumberland per the dispatch record. Has anything come of this? They were en route at 3:27 and didn't leave until 4:50. It wasn't until after they went there that they declared JLC a missing person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
328 AND 366 ARE ENROUTE TO 504 24 1/2AVE.

IIRC from the obituary they had family in Cumberland.might have had to confirm Jayme was not with them before declaration?

By now they they have closed out the majority of tips and have gone through all cell phone and computer evidence, I would think. They have analysed the 911 call. Most likely have interviewed several people. Does not sound like they suspect a coworker, so far. I really think the key to solving this is one or both of those cars. They are still out there, and have not been accounted for. As far as we know. They may even have a lead on one of them right now. In my opinion, it will be the vehicle and or a tip that will be the breakthrough in solving this crime. There are still tips coming in. Someone must know something. It's just a matter of time before they find the right lead. Jmo

Musing questions post - Who could kill these parents, kidnap Jayme for whatever reasons, and hide her out in their home, or anywhere secure all this time ?....Opinion- An unemployed/self employed/job employed probably single man( unless she is held at a separate location from his home) who could hold her captive all this time, without disrupting his normal day to day life patterns, that would be noticeable to other people, and keep his mouth shut...... Who could have killed these parents, kidnapped Jayme for whatever reasons, and killed her within probably the first 24 hours, and disposed of her body ?.....Opinion - Anyone that could keep their mouth shut and go about their daily life patterns as usual...........Conclusion - This killer seems to be both vicious, very lucky, and clever up to this time.
The cars would be the big thing because whomever would be looking to get rid of them

Two weeks on and still no sign of Jayme. This is deeply worrying and either LE are keeping their cards close to their chests or they really have very little to go on.

I think they are keeping their cards close to their chests. I'm trying to be optimistic so maybe it's more that I'm hoping this is the case. If they needed more information from the public about something specific I think there would be another press conference like they did with the vehicles of interest.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that they have a lead, or several that they are tracking down quietly so they don't spook the perp. They are still operating under the belief that Jayme is still alive and might believe that the best way to bring her home safely is to quietly close in on the suspect, or try to flush him out if he thinks they are not onto him.

Its extremely frustrating not knowing where they are at or having any new information to discuss but if LE/FBI has decided that this is the safest and best strategy then I respect and agree with that.

I agree,the cars are important but, they just may be innocent cars that were traveling in the area at the right time..... I hope we find out before long all the answers to this crime.
Yes, but after two weeks, why have they not come forward? Most people would have heard about this crime by now, one way or another. Jmo

excellent post, I think you really explained both scenarios and the type of perp in each scenario very well

Good morning! I have been taking myself away from this because everything seems to just be regurgitated daily and I come up with nothing new. But I caught up and haven't seen anything about something that has been bothering me.

The second address they went to in Cumberland per the dispatch record. Has anything come of this? They were en route at 3:27 and didn't leave until 4:50. It wasn't until after they went there that they declared JLC a missing person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
328 AND 366 ARE ENROUTE TO 504 24 1/2AVE.

Not sure what brought them to that particular address or who's it is etc... but a google map search shows its about 18.4-22.9 miles away from the Closs family home depending on which route one takes and traffic... those factors (drive time) may have played a role in the next step which was listing her as a missing person... possibly. Or... could have had nothing to do with it... just where the trek fell in the grand scheme of things...

Nobody wants to think somebody they know is capable of doing that or the owners are around like people.
That's true. But what I mean is, if they were just innocent people driving by, which seems unlikely since they have not come forward, then there is a good chance one or both might be involved. Then LE has good reason to pursue that angle and it's more likely it will lead to something, whether the drivers or someone who know them comes forward or not. I'm just hopeful it will lead to a suspect, since it seems to be the only promising lead right now. Jmo

I have looked into every online possibility for pics of an orange red challenger. I have looked at every video available of the crime scene. I have watched and re-watched every press conference. I have looked at local news reports for Barron, Rice Lake, Eau Claire, and damned near everywhere else close by. I have fallen into deep deep rabbit holes looking at recent Barron County arrests. I have looked at local registered sex offenders. I have even ventured into Topix.

I have hit the wall. Time to go back to work on UID's for awhile, where I have at least some chance of being productive. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member