AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know exactly. What would help is if we knew how the father was dressed- ready for bed, or in street clothes? Could he have come in late from work or some other social activity, heard something going on in the house, and tried to break down the door to get in? Perp(s) heard him and shot him when he got through the door?

We don't even know if they knew the Closson family or not (perp or perps). We don't have a description of anyone at this time to go by.

Also, what is very intriguing to me is that the sheriff never fully states that Jayme was kidnapped. The reward that I have seen is for her location- what exactly that alludes to, is a mystery to me. Alive and well, or already deceased? The focus of the reward is finding Jayme, but not the perp(s) right now. The sheriff never completely states that they feel she was kidnapped, just missing. It's like they dance around the issue when it is brought up. He acts like they all know she is alive, but we don't know how or why he/they have come to this conclusion.

I strongly agree with your last paragraph. I think there is something they have uncovered that they aren't telling the public for good reason that strongly points to her still being alive. I think that's why it seems they are dancing around the issue. Letting any part of that info slip might let the perp know they are onto him.

If there has been no contact it means there are no plans for her to come home. You don't kill parents (or at least not both) if you want a ransom unless its a grandparent that has the money to pay. It doesn't seem like she had a secret relationship online or with a local. This kind of abduction sounds like an older man. Someone who lives alone that feels they could keep a young woman without detection.

A few days ago I followed a link involving a judgement against Denise Closs for almost $15K from what appeared to be possibly a credit card company or some other credit company. Others had written this off as insignificant as within a couple of weeks the case had be marked as paid. So what has me wondering is how did someone who is already in heavy debt, enough to be sued over, suddenly pays the debt off?

Any insights?
Someone mentioned a grandmother passed away recently, maybe it came from inheritance? They mentioned it in response to someone asking if there was any money to be had, in case it turned out to be a robbery...

It would be helpful if LE would release the 911 call.
In many other cases ... 911 calls are released -- it helps in apprehending the perp (s) .
Or at least understanding who else might have been there. (Voice recognition)

I haven't read all of the threads. I checked out the beginning pages of each thread for information being brought forward. Am I allowed to ask about the "family caretaker"? I mean, it seems that Jayme changed schools because the caretaker moved. Would this be because Mom and Dad worked opposite hours or something? Not that I believe the caretaker has anything to do with any of this, just trying to figure out daily routine, etc.

If this is not allowed, I will delete.

I truly think you are on to something Wise Owl, with wanting to understand this call and know more about it!

I think the key to this case lies in the phone call made at 00.53 on the 15 October. This is what we know (taken from page 1 of this thread):
  • A 911 call came in early Monday from a cellphone inside the home
  • Fitzgerald said the 911 call came from the home
  • Dispatcher heard a disturbance in the background. But no one spoke directly to the dispatcher
  • Investigator are trying to enhance the audio for clues
  • "No one had direct contact with our dispatcher when they called 911, we hear background noise, things like that"
  • He says the call lasted less than a minute and the only word that can be understood is “help”
I was led to believe that LE said they knew Jayme was at the house that night, due to the 911 call. Can somebody confirm that anyone from LE quoted this anywhere?

I think the key to this case lies in the phone call made at 00.53 on the 15 October. This is what we know (taken from page 1 of this thread):
  • Dispatcher heard a disturbance in the background. But no one spoke directly to the dispatcher
  • "No one had direct contact with our dispatcher when they called 911, we hear background noise, things like that"
  • He says the call lasted less than a minute and the only word that can be understood is “help”
I was led to believe that LE said they knew Jayme was at the house that night, due to the 911 call. Can somebody confirm that anyone from LE quoted this anywhere?

Did Fitzgerald himself actually say they heard 'help' on the 911 call? Tia

I thought that came from a radar online article? I may be mistaken though. I was under the impression he wouldnt comment on what could be heard.

Imo

Emph. mine

If it was just under a minute or even a bit less than that-- still enough time to glean information.
I wish LE would release the call --it might help finding the perp.
Time is of the essence in finding Jayme.
Every hour and day that goes by is critical.
Sitting on information is no good if it's too late.

Unless LE know who the perp might be and are already watching him/her.
Which might be the case !

Emph. mine

If it was just under a minute or even a bit less than that-- still enough time to glean information.
I wish LE would release the call --it might help finding the perp.
Time is of the essence in finding Jayme.
Every hour and day that goes by is critical.
Sitting on information is no good if it's too late.

Unless LE know who the perp might be and are already watching him/her.
Which might be the case !
They could be watching people but not moving in until they confirm Jayme is there.

The second address they went to in Cumberland per the dispatch record. Has anything come of this? They were en route at 3:27 and didn't leave until 4:50. It wasn't until after they went there that they declared JLC a missing person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
328 AND 366 ARE ENROUTE TO 504 24 1/2AVE.

I did some research and I can see the names of the owners for this address/property, but it’s not a name that has been mentioned at all. I wonder about the connection, too? Hmmm
From all appearances that is a rental property so it isn't a question of who owns it but who lives there.

Last edited:

Here's one: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl

Investigators believe Jayme was at home during the shooting based on details from the 911 call and evidence from the home, Fitzgerald said.

Did Fitzgerald himself actually say they heard 'help' on the 911 call? Tia

I thought that came from a radar online article? I may be mistaken though. I was under the impression he wouldnt comment on what could be heard.

Imo
I read it at the Daily Mail where the neighbors gave the interview. Joan said the FBI agents who interviewed ttold her one word was spoken- help.

EDTA: Joan said agents told the couple only one word could be made out- Help

it was from the Wednesday afternoon press conference by the sheriff (wednesday the 17th iirc).

Didn't the sheriff assure people in the area they were safe? Does anyone have a link to that please? I've been searching for it and have had no luck. TIA

Strange there would be two cars possibly involved. This would mean two drivers.

Other different ideas, could Jayme have had access to a weapon and shot and wounded the perp(s) and took off in one of those vehicles herself? She's young, but she might have been able to get into a car and drive off somewhere.

Have any cars matching the vehicle descriptions been reported missing or stolen?

I read it at the Daily Mail where the neighbors gave the interview. Joan said the FBI agents who interviewed ttold her one word was spoken- help.

EDTA: Joan said agents told the couple only one word could be made out- Help
Well, I messed this up in the edit. (On my iPhone and not the best at posting links with it) Daily Mail- is where the couple gave the interview and made the statement regarding the word, help.

A few days ago I followed a link involving a judgement against Denise Closs for almost $15K from what appeared to be possibly a credit card company or some other credit company. Others had written this off as insignificant as within a couple of weeks the case had be marked as paid. So what has me wondering is how did someone who is already in heavy debt, enough to be sued over, suddenly pays the debt off?
Any insights?
Emph. mine

Maybe Denise had a second job ?

Wait-- was this paid off after the murders ?
Maybe family members paid it off ?
Curious if there was a money trail to be followed involving the murders.
Put to rest several threads ago. If I recall correctly, debt was satisfied several YEARS AGO and that's why insignificant here. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks