AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the family witnessed something or was just thought to have witnessed something. family might not have even been aware of anything. I know someone that was thought to have witnessed a body being dumped and 40 years latter they still have issues and all they know is what LE has told them happened, they never seen anything

I've been watching the threads on this case since the beginning and keep coming back to the profile of the perp as a rescuer. Warning, THEORY ahead: Maybe Jayme met someone in person or online who was a bit unstable and to whom she confided truthful, half-truthful or completely made up stories of some sort of abuse at the hands of her parents. At her age it's not uncommon for parental decisions to seem unfair and for teens to seek attention from outside sources. Maybe she exaggerated the situation and this person decided to rescue her from her "abusers." Following the incredible violence and the perp taking Jayme away, she could be feeling guilty for her role in what happened and scared of this person she thought she trusted and so is not fighting her captor. If this were the case I highly doubt this was the result she was looking for, possibly just a situation where seeking attention or embellishing stories had an incredibly horrible and unintended consequence.

Completely MOO.

She just doesn't strike me as a kid that spent a lot of time online with strangers. And if she did, her friends would know and would have reported it.
She was fairly "young" for her age. Still loved hanging out with mom and relatives, loved dance, seemed like a good kid. It seems like spending time online in chat rooms happens more when kids start going through puberty, are confused by their relationship with their parents, and want to branch out in the world. Also, western WI doesn't have the best internet services/connections or phone service. I would imagine getting dropped every 10 seconds would drive a kid nuts.
It just doesn't seem like she was doing something strange online that would have gone unnoticed this long IMO. Online activity is one of the easiest things for law enforcement to dig up. It's telling that there is nothing.

I respect your reply and logic.
I can agree that Jayme seems more quiet, more of a homebody, and possibly naive than most her age.
However, working in a public library and having been a teacher-internet access is a Hoover vacuum cleaner for all ages. The public library should be covered under the FOIA. The school - New and old one - should have already been checking her inner school account s.

I also cant quit thinking it is Halloween month and who knows what kind of shows someone could have been watching and creating their own thoughts and wants of acting out.

I spent over 2 hours this morning looking at recent home invasion cases that involved kidnapping. In every case I looked at, the person kidnapped was driven to an ATM and then released. In other words, there was a clear purpose behind the kidnapping.

If this was a random home invasion, it's the strangest home invasion I've ever seen. Nothing taken, that we know of...other than a 13 year old girl.
Besides, Jayme, guns could have been taken, money may have been taken...who knows.

RE "It seems that those shorelines and bodies of water would be a priority before they freeze over for the winter. There would be no recovery until next spring. Perhaps LE has information that makes this approach unecessary."

I agree and thought this too. I continually go back to the feeling that there is a key piece that LE knows and not revealing at this time. Something that makes them think she is alive and hasn't warranted a search of water in the area. I also keep going back to this is someone Jayme knew. or someone that fixated on her or a perceived need/reason to take her... and she was the target... if she weren't, there would be 3 people found deceased that day imo. I have a few other thoughts that aren't permitted to post here (NOT implicating Jayme or her parents, nor any "group" of people to be clear :) That really bothers me when I see any suggestion posted about this and glad there was a post reminding this.)

Great post! However, what evidence do we even have that she was indeed, taken? I know that they were looking for her in the woods- sheriff was hoping if she was in there or around her home, that she was hiding until she felt safe enough to come out, but she never did. So, we can assume that she was taken.

LE hasn't stated of any evidence of drag marks, articles of clothing being dropped, any evidence at all, that she was dragged out of the house. No one, especially the neighbors close by, heard her screaming. It's like she vanished into thin air. Nothing was found, to our knowledge, behind her home to indicate that she went through the woods and to another road where a vehicle was waiting, if she had been abducted.

The sheriff never completely commits to saying she was kidnapped or abducted, but remains convinced that she is out there, alive somewhere.

I've wondered if it if possible that she has contacted someone in her family or a friend? What gives them the indication that she is alive and will be found and brought home to her family?

These things keep swirling around in my mind. Perhaps I am way off base and it was an awful home invasion and they took Jayme because she was their target. It happened in the Groene and Short cases, and that could very well be what has happened here. Yet, thinking of the wording of the sheriff gives me pause......
yes

October 29, 2018 Update

We have received over 2000 tips and have closed over 1875 of them and continue to work on this case. Please continue to call in your tips 1-855-744-3879 or jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us and we will bring Jayme home.

There is a tip out there that will break this case, keep them coming in. Thank you again for the community support behind the law enforcement effort on this case.

Also on Saturday Oct 27, 2018 we arrested Kyle Jaenke, 32 of Cameron for Burglary at the Closs home. Jaenke has been cleared of any involvement in the disappearance but was charged in Barron County Court today with Burglary and Bail Jumping.

Sheriff Fitzgerald

I respect your reply and logic.
I can agree that Jayme seems more quiet, more of a homebody, and possibly naive than most her age.
However, working in a public library and having been a teacher-internet access is a Hoover vacuum cleaner for all ages. The public library should be covered under the FOIA. The school - New and old one - should have already been checking her inner school account s.
I think naive is a really good way to say it. IF she stumbled into a dangerous person online, I doubt she had any clue.

October 29, 2018 Update

We have received over 2000 tips and have closed over 1875 of them and continue to work on this case. Please continue to call in your tips 1-855-744-3879 or jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us and we will bring Jayme home.

There is a tip out there that will break this case, keep them coming in. Thank you again for the community support behind the law enforcement effort on this case.

Also on Saturday Oct 27, 2018 we arrested Kyle Jaenke, 32 of Cameron for Burglary at the Closs home. Jaenke has been cleared of any involvement in the disappearance but was charged in Barron County Court today with Burglary and Bail Jumping.

Sheriff Fitzgerald
did he rat somebody out

October 29, 2018 Update

Sheriff Fitzgerald

Wait, whaaaat?!?

Does anyone think Jayme being an only child had anything to do with this? My dad was an only child and he talks about the extreme loneliness he had as both of his parents worked. I do believe he was more vulnerable at this age because of it.

October 29, 2018 Update

Sheriff Fitzgerald
wonder what kind of car he was driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members