SOLVED NY - Tala Farea, 16, Rotana Farea, 22, Hudson River, 24 Oct 2018- COD released: suicide/drowning

When I read cross formation I pictured their arms taped together too (facing each other with arms outstretched). That is obviously an important detail if true because they would not be able to do that themselves.
It depends on how the tape was wrapped around them. If they were taped in an 'x' pattern around their waists, and they were perpendicular, that would have put them in a cross pattern. That description is pretty specific, I don't think they would have confused that with the tape being loose and they were just lying on the rocks in a cross shape.

It depends on how the tape was wrapped around them. If they were taped in an 'x' pattern around their waists, and they were perpendicular, that would have put them in a cross pattern. That description is pretty specific, I don't think they would have confused that with the tape being loose and they were just lying on the rocks in a cross shape.

If they were in an "X" pattern I would have thought it would be described as perpendicular or as an "x." To me mentioning a "cross" means arms outstretched like the artistic and religious renderings of Christ on the Cross.

That entire article just has me in tears. No, I don't believe it was suicide unless they feared living with family problems or going back to SA as being worse than death. They wanted to stay here.

If it was a suicide based on not going back, it is a stark reminder what horrors exist in other countries, especially for young women and girls. I think I recall that dad just came back last week. It does make me more curious/more concerned/more worried as to what the whole story is.

Oh oh....family matters are making me wonder. But why are they being called "twins?"

It made me think someone translated a story from a foreign news source using Google translate and didn't do much real investigating. Bad info comes when poor translations are used. I'm taking that article with a grain of salt. JMO.

I have a bad feeling now. If murder, why tape them together?

I think it may have been a way for the murderer (if this was murder and personally I think it was) not to have to commit a more hands on murder. By taping them together it was obvious that they would be unable to swim to save themselves. The murderer could just turn their back and walk away knowing they would drown. JMO of course.

Posted overnight:

“Family of Saudi sisters found dead in New York denies suicide reports”

“JEDDAH: The family of two Saudi sisters found dead on the shore of the Hudson River in New York City has denied media reports that they might have killed themselves.

[SBM]

ABC News and other news outlets reported that the working theory of investigators is that the sisters wanted to take their own lives and so taped themselves together and jumped into the water. The family denies this suggestion, saying that the girls were happy, had no problems at home and were afraid of water.

A relative told Arab News that Rotana and Tala, who had two brothers, were part of a happy and normal family.

‘They were a democratic family, they never had any issues and the eldest was sent to college in New York City with her family’s blessing,’ said the family member.

Regarding reports that Tala had run away from home, the family said that the sisters were very close and she had found it difficult to cope with Rotana living so far away. As a result, she traveled to New York without her mother’s knowledge. Tala was initially reported missing to the police but the search was called off after it was discovered she was with her sister.

The two young women were described as shy, intelligent and academically gifted. Tala had a full scholarship to one of Jeddah’s leading, prestigious private schools, Dar Al-Fikr.”

Family of Saudi sisters found dead in New York denies suicide reports

“The elder of the two sisters whose bodies washed up along the Hudson River is last known to have lived in a high-rise apartment in Virginia, it has been revealed.

Rotana Farea's last known address was at the Skyline Apartments in Falls Church.

5543112-6330145-image-a-3_1540833214399.jpg

The sisters lived in Jedda, Saudi Arabia before moving to the US with their mother, who lives in Virginia.

Rotana is last known to have lived in the Falls Church apartment with a man named Abdulsalam Farea.

Their relation remains unclear, as does whether Tala lived with them.

[SBM]

Fairfax police confirmed to DailyMail.com that at least one Farea sister was reported missing by family.

They said there was no reason to think the sister was abducted or in danger, which is why no images were released to the public.”
Saudi woman found in Hudson River with sister last lived in Virginia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back