GUILTY TX - Rayven Shields, 3, Bryan, Jul 2018 *Arrests*

This is horrible!!

NEW: Virginia Adams granted custody of Rayven Shields months before three-year-old's disappearance

Rayven Shields was taken from her father’s family and given to her mother, Virginia Adams, just months before the three year old went missing, according to family members on her father’s side.

The Bryan Police Department confirmed to KAGS that they helped facilitate Rayven’s return to Adams in June 2018, after her biological father, Robert Shields, passed away.

Family members on Rayven’s father’s side told KAGS they were also the ones who filed complaints with Child Protective Services (CPS), claiming Adams was an unfit mother and that Adam’s house was filled with drugs.

A July CPS visit to Adam’s house is what prompted the investigation into Rayven’s disappearance.

according to news stories, she supposedly was last seen 7/27 but then they were saying it was much earlier, probably June. so she was killed RIGHT AFTER going to live w her so called mother :(

Repeating this from your link for emphasis:
Before the death of her father in June, Rayven did not have a relationship with her her biological mother and did not recognize Adams when she came to take custody of Rayven on June 10th, 2018, according to Young.
This makes me so sad. Virginia Adams had Rayven for what, two weeks, before Rayven's death? Why the hell did she want custody of Rayven so badly? It seems like a situation of "I don't care about my child but I don't want anyone else to care about her." JMO.

Exclusive: Rayven Shields’ family says they were afraid for three-year-old's safety with her mother
My money is on Adams being Rayven's murderer.

you WOULD THINK if reunification was the goal they would start w supervised visits then progress if "mom" complied? why did they just hand this poor child over? maybe the father had never established custody? I wish that aunt had refused :(

Bryan mother, boyfriend indicted on charges related to child's death

Virginia Adams, 35, was indicted on charges of injury to a child and tampering with evidence to alter, destroy or conceal a human body.

Court documents obtained by KBTX name Adams' 3-year-old daughter, Rayven Shields. In the indictment, Adams is accused of "intentionally and knowingly, by omission, causing serious bodily injury... by failing to protect her or failing to seek medical treatment."

Adams' boyfriend, Patrick Wilson, 51, is indicted on the same charges, along with a charge of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon. Wilson's additional firearm charge is listed as an enhancement of the charges against him, a common method of strengthening punishments given to repeat offenders.

Adams:

11/15/2018 Arraignment/Pretrial
361st Criminal Notice
Judicial Officer: Smith, Steve
Hearing Time: 08:20 AM

link: Brazos County Judicial Records Search

Wilson:

10/26/2018 ORDER APPOINTING ATTORNEY
361ST OAAT

11/16/2018 Arraignment/Pretrial
Merged Document: 361st Criminal Notice
Hearing Time: 08:30 AM

Looks like they are splitting them up for trial.

Thursday, Nov. 15th:
*Arraignment/Pretrial Hearing (@ 8:20am CT) – TX - Rayven Shields (3) (Last seen per mom 7/27/18, Bryan, but LE says last seen mid-June; found in backyard garden on 8/3/18) – *Virginia Ann Adams (35) “mom” arrested & charged (8/1/18) & indicted (10/22/18) with injury to child resulting in death (1st degree felony) & tampering with evidence (2nd degree felony). $75K Bond.
CPS obtained court order (7/31/18) giving them custody of Rayven & mom refused to cooperate.
10/22/18 Update: Next Arraignment/Pretrial hearing on 11/15.
*Patrick Wayne Wilson, Sr. (51) (BF) arrested & charged (8/1/18) & indicted (10/22/18) with injury to child resulting in death (1st degree felony), tampering with evidence (2nd degree felony) & unlawful possession of firearm by a felon (3rd degree felony).
10/26/18: Indicted. Wilson appointed an attorney.
10/22/18 Update: Next Arraignment/Pretrial hearing on 11/16.

Now shows 11/25/19 as final pretrial with a jury trial set for 12/9/19

Friday, November 16th:
*Arraignment/Pretrial Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) – TX – Rayven Shields (3) (Last seen per mom 7/27/18, Bryan, but LE says last seen mid-June; found in backyard garden on 8/3/18) – only for *Patrick Wayne Wilson, Sr. (51) (BF) arrested & charged (8/1/18) & indicted (10/22/18) with injury to child resulting in death (1st degree felony), tampering with evidence (2nd degree felony) & unlawful possession of firearm by a felon (3rd degree felony).
10/26/18: Indicted. Wilson appointed an attorney.
10/22/18 Update: Next Arraignment/Pretrial hearing on 11/16.

*Virginia Ann Adams (35) “mom” arrested & charged (8/1/18) & indicted (10/22/18) with injury to child resulting in death (1st degree felony) & tampering with evidence (2nd degree felony). $75K Bond.
CPS obtained court order (7/31/18) giving them custody of Rayven & mom refused to cooperate.
10/22/18 Update: Next Arraignment/Pretrial hearing on 11/15.
11/15/18 Update: Next Final Pretrial hearing on 11/25/19, trial set to begin 12/9/19.

Last edited:
from court site:

for Adams:

11/15/2018 Arraignment/Pretrial
Document: 361st Criminal Notice
Hearing Time: 08:20 AM

11/25/2019 Final Pretrial
Document: 361st Criminal Notice

12/09/2019 Preferential Jury Trial

edited to add - the year is 2019!! ??

Virginia Adams, boyfriend plead not guilty to charges related to child death

Virginia Adams, 35, is facing charges of injury to a child and tampering with evidence to alter, destroy or conceal a human body. She was in a Bryan courtroom Thursday morning to make her plea.

On Friday, Patrick Wilson, her boyfriend, pleaded not guilty to the same charges, along with a charge of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.

Wilson's additional firearm charge is listed as an enhancement of the charges against him, a common method of strengthening punishments given to repeat offenders.

and I couldn't access these 2 articles - if someone could tell me IF there is a "current" court date for Adams & Wilson in them?? TIA!

Mother, boyfriend enter not-guilty pleas in Rayven Shields case

Rayven Shields’ mother and mother's boyfriend plead not guilty to charges related to disappearance

Virginia Adams, boyfriend plead not guilty to charges related to child death

Virginia Adams, 35, is facing charges of injury to a child and tampering with evidence to alter, destroy or conceal a human body. She was in a Bryan courtroom Thursday morning to make her plea.

On Friday, Patrick Wilson, her boyfriend, pleaded not guilty to the same charges, along with a charge of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.

Wilson's additional firearm charge is listed as an enhancement of the charges against him, a common method of strengthening punishments given to repeat offenders.

and I couldn't access these 2 articles - if someone could tell me IF there is a "current" court date for Adams & Wilson in them?? TIA!

Mother, boyfriend enter not-guilty pleas in Rayven Shields case

Rayven Shields’ mother and mother's boyfriend plead not guilty to charges related to disappearance
From your first link:
A trial date for Adams has been set for Dec. 9, 2019, while a date has not yet been set for Wilson, the DA's office said.

So nothing new. The autopsy report is still pending.

for Adams:

I made that year in red, as I thought it was next week....

nothing new on court site for Wilson.

Exclusive: Mother of Bryan child found buried in backyard pleads for fair trial

BRAZOS COUNTY, Tex. (KBTX) - A handwritten jailhouse letter to a judge from Virginia Adams details her desire for a fair trial in Brazos County.
[.....]
In the letter, Adams writes, "There is a lot of hatred and malice against me here; I have dealt with a lot of hatred here in jail."

Since there wasn't a court date I went to the court site, but nothing new for Adams since I last posted on it.

but Wilson has some new stuff motions filed, but of course no new court date....

Wilson:

12/06/2018 Motion
Motion to Transcribe Pre-Trial Proceedings

12/10/2018 PRECEPT
PRECEPT served

01/07/2019 Motion
Motion for the Appointment of Investigator

Oops - missing another hearing.... at least I can move him from my January list to March....

for Wilson:

01/07/2019 Motion
Motion for the Appointment of Investigator

03/01/2019 Status Hearing
361st Criminal Notice
Hearing Time: 02:30 PM

for Adams:

02/21/2019 NOTICE
Notice of Appearacne of Counsel and Request for Discovery
02/21/2019 MOTION FOR DISCOVERY
Motion for Discovery of Exculpatory Evidence
02/21/2019 REQUEST
Defedants Request for Notice of Extraneous Evidence

03/01/2019 Status Hearing
361st Criminal Notice

03/14/2019 Order

11/25/2019 Final Pretrial
361st Criminal Notice

Shoot - can't access Brazos County court site. Can someone try & get in - link is right above in post #96.

TIA! :)

Bumping up again.... court link in post #96

@SeesSeas - can you find anything? TIA! :)

I have Virginia Adams for 11/25/19 & trial on 12/5/19, but nothing for Patrick Wayne Wilson, Sr. Case #18-04771-CRF-361 - last hearing on 3/1/19

Bumping up again.... court link in post #96

@SeesSeas - can you find anything? TIA! :)

I have Virginia Adams for 11/25/19 & trial on 12/5/19, but nothing for Patrick Wayne Wilson, Sr. Case #18-04771-CRF-361 - last hearing on 3/1/19
Brazos County Judicial Records Search
18-04769-CRF-361 | State of Texas Vs. VIRGINIA A. ADAMS
  • 11/25/2019 Final Pretrial
    View Document 361st Criminal Notice
    Judicial Officer
    Smith, Steve
    Hearing Time
    08:30 AM

• 12/09/2019 Preferential Jury Trial
    Judicial Officer
    Smith, Steve
    Hearing Time
    08:30 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18-04771-CRF-361 | State of Texas Vs. PATRICK WAYNE WILSON, Sr.
  • 03/01/2019 Status Hearing
    Judicial Officer
    Smith, Steve
    Hearing Time
    02:30 PM

• 05/06/2019 Motion
    View Document Defendant's Motion for Release Without Bond or on a Personal Recognizance Bond

• 06/27/2019 SUBPOENA
    View Document Subpoena Duces Tecum

• 06/27/2019 Subpoena Issued (No Fee)
    View Document Subpoena Issued (No Fee) for K.W.

• 07/03/2019 Motion
    Judicial Officer
    Smith, Steve
    Hearing Time
    09:00 AM

• 07/11/2019 Subpoena Served
    View Document Subpoena Served

• 12/04/2019 Status Pull
    Judicial Officer
    Smith, Steve