AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They said to call the tip line but maybe call both? I have no idea. If you can get a plate number I would call the tip line. If you are really suspicious maybe call local LE and then call the tip line immediately and tell them you called local LE? But regardless one of the calls should be to the tip line even if you call local LE as well. I can tell you that all of the detectives I know in my state, which is 15 hours away, are very aware of the case. They see the amber alert everyday and know the description of the vehicles. The officers are reminded as well at the beginning of shifts according to them.
First we need to find out if it's true that they don't know what vehicles to look for anymore.

And this was changed ftom the original description of the cars? It doesn't say anywhere that they are still looking for them? What is the source, is there a link for it?

Source was previously noted, "police bulletin". Source may be different by state. This state is Minnesota

I would imagine those vehicles have been parked or about to leave Louisiana on a barg overseas and were sold. Depends on sophistication of suspect(s).

The current police bulletin no longer knows what vehicle to keep an eye out for... fyi

I also think the kicking in the door then shoot dad did not happen in that order. I might be lead to believe both parents were made to go into bathroom and pops came out while JC was being moved to a car.

I do like that the LEs came into town and have cleaned it up. Lot of drugs and offenders in that 10 mile area.

The employees complain a lot about Jennie O on the review site. I'm intrigued by their part in a 25k contribution to reward. Guessing an employee is missing, as unknown cell pings in the area have not come up, so it must have been a regular cell pinger in the area.

I do not like that this area west and north of there have a lot of cabins. Some will be free until next April when the owner returns. Hope searching cabin towns

Deer hunting season starts Nov 17th. Most of the cabins will be used then.
It's a long time to wait to find something or someone though.

Has KJ's facebook been deleted or set to private? I can no longer find it.

If someone has a source from Barron Co LE stating those vehicles are no longer of interest or that the vehicles of interest are unknown, please post it. Otherwise, we are basically spreading rumors that could hurt the case.

Quick question for all of you sleuthers out there who keep an eye on the roads. In a case like this, if you were several states away and spotted a similar vehicle (like someone in Georgia did yesterday). Should we be calling the tip line, or the local Police? The only reason I ask is because I know local guys have other things going on and may not be following this case like we are. On the same token, though, the tip line may take too long to dispatch the proper people to investigate.

This is the type of stuff that rattles around my brain sometimes.

I don't think you should call it in if there is nothing else but you saw the car and you live more than a couple hours away. There are hundreds of thousands of those cars on the road in the US. They can't possibly follow all these tips and calling it in just gums up the works for more productive tips. Now if the are other things that make it suspicious other than just the make an model of the car, or if you live in the general area, then yes call it in. This is all just my take on things IMO.

Reactions: BIC
Deer hunting season starts Nov 17th. Most of the cabins will be used then.
It's a long time to wait to find something or someone though.
Not necessarily true. Many cabins are used in the summer as weekend getaways and for fishing. I have two relatives with cabins that are used in the summer only and not for hunting at all.

I don't think you should call it in if there is nothing else but you saw the car and you live more than a couple hours away. There are hundreds of thousands of those cars on the road in the US. They can't possibly follow all these tips and calling it in just gums up the works for more productive tips. Now if the are other things that make it suspicious other than just the make an model of the car, or if you live in the general area, then yes call it in. This is all just my take on things IMO.

100% agreed. My question was more about which is the quicker way to get someone to investigate in the situation where you are several states away - tip line vs. local dispatch.

That’s what makes this creepy. When he broke into the other home he also took the teen’s clothing rather than the mom’s. He seems to be fixated on young girls.

So did i miss the proof that this guy is not involved? Why would he be taking these clothes except to bring them to her?? He obviously has an obsession with young girls via his fb. He also works at Jenni-O, the same place her parents worked. Could LEO be stating this guy is not a suspect in order to release him in hopes that he leads them to Jayme??

So did i miss the proof that this guy is not involved? Why would he be taking these clothes except to bring them to her?? He obviously has an obsession with young girls via his fb. He also works at Jenni-O, the same place her parents worked. Could LEO be stating this guy is not a suspect in order to release him in hopes that he leads them to Jayme??
Just that LE says he’s been cleared in her disappearance. I initially had the same thought as you in the latter part of your post. I’m not sure what to think at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonaldLew