WV - Infamous Boston mobster James “Whitey” Bulger killed in prison, Oct 2018 *arrests**

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
1:21 PM ET - 30 Oct 2018
Tim White on Twitter
Official statement from Federal Bureau of Prisons.
View attachment 153477

1:26 PM ET - 30 Oct 2018
Tim White on Twitter
UPDATED: BOP confirms Bulger's death. Sources say this is being investigated as a homicide.

Mobster Whitey Bulger found dead in federal prison in WV

The article at your link says there are rumors/reports of some Mafia related killings in prison. Wonder if Whitey was talking to the Feds again?

The article at your link says there are rumors/reports of some Mafia related killings in prison. Wonder if Whitey was talking to the Feds again?

Here's more, from an article published by The Boston Globe about a half hour ago:

“The US Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of West Virginia and the FBI will be conducting an investigation into the death of James Bulger. No other information will be released at this time,” Stacy Bishop, a spokeswoman for William J. Powell, the US attorney for the Northern District of West Virginia, said in a statement.

Three people briefed on the situation, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said a fellow inmate with Mafia ties was being investigated for the slaying of the 89-year-old Bulger at the US Penitentiary Hazelton.

‘Whitey’ Bulger dead: Mobster killed at federal prison in West Virginia - The Boston Globe

Daily Mail is reporting that it was a pretty gruesome death, if accurate.

Boston gangster Whitey Bulger is killed behind bars | Daily Mail Online

Law enforcement sources tell DailyMail.com that Whitey had been talking about outing people in the top echelon of the controversial FBI informant program.

FBI must have had a reason for bringing him to the WV federal prison. Closer to DC area. His presence there had to have been leaked by someone.

Kind of wish he'd lived long enough to inform on crooked people who are working as FBI informants.

I was speechless when I saw this tonight! Holy crap!!

I agree...those inmates HAD to know he was coming!

Why did they put him out in general population? If the FBI was planning to get important information from him, why wouldn't they keep him segregated from other prisoners? Prisons seem to operate in their own universe, doing things their own way.

Last edited:
So he was taken away from security cameras intentionally, was in a wheelchair due to a hip injury, beaten to death with a padlock in a sock, left barely recognizable.

Quite frankly whether he was working with the feds still or not, he shouldn't have been in general population in a wheelchair, or even at his age anyway. He was a sitting duck, never had a chance. One might think he was set up. Especially with another mobster who detested anyone who cooperates with the cops.

I'm guessing we will be hearing more about this.

Last edited:
A lock in a sock sounds like an East coast thing to me.

Since Halloween just rolled around this reminded me of growing up in the east in NYC and one thing us kids did for fun was to carry a sock with colorful thick chalk in it and we would pound the sock on the ground until it turned into a colorful powder. Then while we were out trick or treating we would occassionally hit each other on the back to leave huge colorful chalk marks on each others jackets. LOL

Thankfully it was all fun and games at the time for us young kids. I suppose for the criminal type growing up in the East I could see where someone would get an idea to put something hard like a lock in a sock to do some serious damage. How frightening.

Last edited:
JMO
What is amazing to me is if he really was working for the FBI as far back as 1975 then that means the FBI was letting him get away with lots of criminal activity and they had to know some of the deeds he was involved with.

I havent watched any of the documentaries or movies about him yet but I plan to. It sounds to me that the FBI was getting things in return for them letting him get away with evil doings. Which tells me that the FBI was likely getting money kickbacks themselves as well as getting some information on others. All the while letting him get away with his criminal enterprise he had going.

So the poor people in Mass and the poor victims of him have a right to be mad at the FBI as well as him.

If I have that about right then its no wonder he was transferred and allowed to be taken out. There are some people affiliated with the FBI today that were probably afraid of him releasing some damning information on themselves.

"It emerged in Bulger's 2013 trial that he had served as an FBI informant as far back as 1975, though he always denied it. The deal gave Bulger virtual impunity to commit any crime he wanted for decades - except for murder.

Law enforcement sources tell DailyMail.com that Whitey had been talking about outing people in the top echelon of the controversial FBI informant program.

The sources said he hadn't even been processed at the West Virginia facility when he was killed. But someone who knew he was being transferred put the word out - the killer or killers had to know he was coming.
"

JMO
What is amazing to me is if he really was working for the FBI as far back as 1975 then that means the FBI was letting him get away with lots of criminal activity and they had to know some of the deeds he was involved with.

I havent watched any of the documentaries or movies about him yet but I plan to. It sounds to me that the FBI was getting things in return for them letting him get away with evil doings. Which tells me that the FBI was likely getting money kickbacks themselves as well as getting some information on others. All the while letting him get away with his criminal enterprise he had going.

So the poor people in Mass and the poor victims of him have a right to be mad at the FBI as well as him.

If I have that about right then its no wonder he was transferred and allowed to be taken out. There are some people affiliated with the FBI today that were probably afraid of him releasing some damning information on themselves.

"It emerged in Bulger's 2013 trial that he had served as an FBI informant as far back as 1975, though he always denied it. The deal gave Bulger virtual impunity to commit any crime he wanted for decades - except for murder.

The sources said he hadn't even been processed at the West Virginia facility when he was killed. But someone who knew he was being transferred put the word out - the killer or killers had to know he was coming.
"

I agree. Reading your posting reminded me of the saying, "two wrongs don't make it right."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back