AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m wondering if the Jayme Closs case is a new form of crime. Historically,abductions have been from the side of the road. This has nothing to do with a drugs hit ! Nothing. This was a targeted abduction. Jayme had been stalked. And this was born from the Facebook posts. Hope I haven’t offended anyone. This is my first post.
I’m wondering if the Jayme Closs case is a new form of crime. Historically,abductions have been from the side of the road. This has nothing to do with a drugs hit ! Nothing. This was a targeted abduction. Jayme had been stalked. And this was born from the Facebook posts. Hope I haven’t offended anyone. This is my first post.
M

I haven’t decided for sure that Jayme was the intended target. I think it could go both ways. But my thoughts are that if LE was on the way and they knew this, a hostage might be secured for a clean getaway.

This is just one thought/theory imo.

I agree that in the heat of the crime, a hostage MIGHT keep the murderer or murderers safe from a shoot out.
But, at some point, they had to stop driving and running. To sleep, to eat, to plan their next move.

If Jayme was taken as a hostage, at that point, when they stopped somewhere like a Motel 6, then she became a huge liability to them. 2 men " on the road" staying at holes in the wall aren't really that noticeable.

Add in a girl with long strawberry blonde hair and they have a spotlight shining on them.

Unless they might have access to overroad quarters with sleeping and meal prep., like an RV or even a long haul truck like Jennie- O probably has in operation, they are risking capture every time they stop for necessities.

JMO, but if she's not out in the wooded areas deceased but not yet found, she's most likely deceased and has been for the length of this case discussion, part #1. Not because I want it this way but because the statistics of a hostage in a home invasion for murder having their life valued is almost 0.00%.

Because of her young age and small size, and crime statistics, I'm almost resigned to the fact that this is a recovery-only situation now.
My faith in a higher power is all that keeps me from abandoning hope because no forces on earth are on her side.

Further to my last post... this link shows the record in question and outlines what he stole from the home. I've put a screenshot as well to show you that I believe he may have had other items from the home in his possession when he was picked up by police:
Cameron man charged with stealing from Closs home in Barron Co.

I get that it was a matter of open records and this info could have been obtained anytime by media and released to the public, but the Sheriff put the info out himself to the public yesterday in his statement to the press - almost as an afterthought... "also.......". I'm wondering why they decided to put this out there when they did? The suspect thief was apprehended over the weekend, but went by undetected by media and residents until the police put that out there. So why did they? They weren't obligated to do so. It wasn't on anyone's radar that I know of. I heard no rumours of it across any of the social media, or forums regarding this case.... so? Why release it specifically when they clearly didn't have to? Is that a message to someone, as in "hey, we got your friend? he's not coming to see you with the items..."?
I'm sure Jennie O is a big place. Suspect says he didn't know Closs family? I wonder how true that is. I'm sure when it hit the news he at least recognized them

I haven't seen anything to support this. There is just no way we can tell at this point that it was a targeted abduction.
And I agree with another poster that commented that LE would be aware by now of Jayme's online presence.
I wish we knew whether or not LE retrieved Jayme's phone, if in fact the phone seen in a few of her pictures is hers.

Did you all happen to notice most of his FB friends are foreign girls/women. Reminded me of 90 Day Fiance.

I'm not sleuthing this man. I need to make that very clear. He's Cleared.
I don't want any social media accounts, so I have to ask the question instead of looking: Are these foreign young women IN their home country?
I mean, we aren't talking about 13 year old girls from other countries in the USA are we, because that speaks to another specific type of crime against children ( which, again, I do not think this man is involved in, for sure).

Thinking and writing for the first time.
Wonder about Jayme Jazz Ballet Performances. Have friends whose children do it dance. I also confess doing a local theater and Jazz ballet in my younger days and it is still brings out the nasty side of people even strange twisted people.
The worse case was of Caroline Reed Robertson, that really shook the Australian Dance Industry .
What happened in the family home was rage which lead to two murders.
Had Denise and James Closs had a confrontation earlier with someone because they were concern for their daughter's safety. Stage Gossip can be True/ False but does spread fast.
Which lead to confrontation at the family home.

Someone with delusion of having a child like Jayme,or wanting to protect her.

So many scenarios so few clues......information we do have is they were a loving closely bonded family.

Further to my last post... this link shows the record in question and outlines what he stole from the home. I've put a screenshot as well to show you that I believe he may have had other items from the home in his possession when he was picked up by police:
Cameron man charged with stealing from Closs home in Barron Co.

I get that it was a matter of open records and this info could have been obtained anytime by media and released to the public, but the Sheriff put the info out himself to the public yesterday in his statement to the press - almost as an afterthought... "also.......". I'm wondering why they decided to put this out there when they did? The suspect thief was apprehended over the weekend, but went by undetected by media and residents until the police put that out there. So why did they? They weren't obligated to do so. It wasn't on anyone's radar that I know of. I heard no rumours of it across any of the social media, or forums regarding this case.... so? Why release it specifically when they clearly didn't have to? Is that a message to someone, as in "hey, we got your friend? he's not coming to see you with the items..."?

I know the DA's office creates those complaints. People in custody get their complaints 1st. Chances are more than likely, whomever created this complaint may not have had all the police reports available to them, but enough to create a complaint.

Welcome Paul S, and yes, it is very unusual for a child abductor to have any contact at all with adults or parents, let alone violently kicking the door down and killing the parents. It does seem like Jayme was the target, but why go through all the trouble and risk? This was a brazen attack, and a tough case to figure out. I don't think her actions on SM attracted a stalker, LE does not seem to have found anything related, and she did not have much of a presence on line, that we know of. But I guess it can't be completely ruled out. It's possible that someone may have seen her getting on or off the bus, too. Jmo

I am really hoping they didn't realize a child would be in the home, maybe Jayme was found in her bedroom hiding and they thought ****, DC just made a 911 call, I'm not prepared to murder a child right now- kid you're coming with me until I figure out what to do next. I don't think she had anything to do with this in any way shape or form.
This is my thoughts also.

The thing is that those will be mostly cases where the parents are not murdered in the abduction of the minor. The murder of the parents might change a lot. We've heard of a small number of cases where parents/relatives are murdered and a female minor is abducted and they seem to have different stats from other abductions, there seems to be more chance of the girl being kept alive for a while.

I feel there's a chance Jayme has been kept alive since the abduction. Whether she still is, or for how long she might be kept alive, I don't know. But I do believe the stats for 'regular' abductions are not going to be the same as for cases like this. There's still going to be a spectrum, just as in other cases, but I suspect that fewer abductees in cases like this will be murdered in the first 24-48 hours.

I think that this case doesn't stink of random or opportunistic, and that probably means that an abductor wants to 'possess' for a longer period.

My thoughts too that she’s alive

I’m thinking that she could be held captive in an underground bunker in the woods like has happened with a previous case.
Either that or I’m thinking it’s possibly a case of older boyfriend , if known about, would not be allowed to date Jayme , so he and an accomplice have killed the parents and she , Jayme has gone with them.
I know certainly the second one is not a popular view and believed to be totally against Jaymes character and I agree that on what little we know , it does appear to be not in her character BUT from personal experience, when I was 13 and 4 months old I too would have been described in the same vein as Jayme and I was very studious and rigidly stuck to rules and wouldn’t ever dare defy my parents and certainly had never ever entertained the ‘boys’ idea - I was a proper goody two shoes. Then I met a boy who was 18 and in my own childlike way , I fell totally head over heels in love. To the point where I started to lie and become very secretive and even snuck him into my house in the middle of the night. It was only ever a kiss and hold hands thing but I knew if my parents found out that I would never be allowed to see him and I would be in huge trouble for the next 12 months because my parents were VERY strict. I idolised my parents but even so, I recall thinking of all kinds of ways to still continue to see him if ever my parents found out. ( They never did and my first true love/crush fizzled out but on telling them about it when I was much older, they said they never would have thought that I would do something like that , not ever in a million years. ( I was later chosen as Head Girl Prefect because of my responsibile and mature attitude and common sense and being an ideal role model.) So the point I am making is this - what if this is Jayme and her BF has said if we ever get caught by your parents, we need to have a plan. And ultimately that plan has been carried out by BF and accomplice and Jayme, never really believing it would come down to her parents getting killed, is in total shock when it happens and without thinking because of shock and a BF saying that he’s done all this for her, so they could be together and she’s in on it etc etc etc , goes with them ( hence why no sign of struggle when she leaves ). And they are now thousands of miles away. It’s happened before (see killer kids documentaries) and will happen again. I’m not totally convinced myself that this is the case, I’m just going through possibilities as the lack of evidence that we are working with ( albeit LE will know a lot more than we do) and the fact that the Sheriff doesn’t specifically state she’s been kidnapped or abducted by force and he also isn’t saying beware of a dangerous perpetrator(s) in the community and lock all doors etc and Jaymes relatives press conference was as if they were trying to encourage her to come out of hiding , in my opinion, leaves us open to this scenario being a possibility ( remote or otherwise).

I am not victim blaming in any way shape or form here as Jayme is still a child and even if she did appear to go along with it all, she hasn’t developed the capacity in her brain yet, to absorb all the implications and consequences of a plan like this and therefore legally, she’s under the age of being able to technically consent to it/go along with it AND may have been too scared to go against the wishes of an older BF but couldn’t tell Mum and Dad about it because firstly she never thought that it was ever a serious consideration for this to happen and second, the palpable disappointment that her parents would have displayed had they have found out by her telling them that she was in a relationship with a boy of 18 and he’s pressuring her to agree to things that she doesn’t want to, were too crushing to contemplate .
This is all MOO and is written for the purpose of discussion and debate and certainly NOT to victim shame Jayme ( and yes I’m aware LE initially said she’s not involved, however , I believe that there are question marks over certain developments that have arisen since he made this statement ).

Last edited:
THIS is weird. On my right hand side of this page >>>>, there are ads for little girls' dresses for sale. I'm sorry, but I resent this very much on the part of the keyword triggers in place here.
What's next? A funeral home ad?

Two situations that, in my view, would make it more likely that she is alive than dead:

1. If a predator went through all of that just to capture - literally - the purported object of his desire, then it seems as likely that he would've also prepared a place for her to be until he sees fit.

2. She would likely be alive if she was an impressionable (and coerced) participant in the crime.

Let me be clear - in BOTH scenarios, she is a victim. No need to admonish me for positing her potential involvement.

JMO.

Has there been a case where the parents were murdered and an abducted child was found alive even at a much later time?

There is always hope Jayme is alive, but the murder of her parents puts her in imminent danger. If she “willingly” went with someone it was a survival instinct.

She’s a victim no matter what, but I feel she didn’t have anything to do with it.

Based on everything presented thus far and the similar style of petty crimes in the area, I still think home invasion gone wrong from a meth head, or trying to buy drugs from the wrong house is the most likely scenario.
I dont see it as someone trying to buy drugs from the wrong house
I respect your reply and logic.
I can agree that Jayme seems more quiet, more of a homebody, and possibly naive than most her age.
However, working in a public library and having been a teacher-internet access is a Hoover vacuum cleaner for all ages. The public library should be covered under the FOIA. The school - New and old one - should have already been checking her inner school account s.
I agree with the idea that she seemed quiet and more of a homebody, but I also have children and know that to different people they seem totally different. Also the fact if she was a quiet, homebody, more sheltered child that it could make what she thought was a totally innocent encounter online something much more dangerous. She could be more trusting or reveal more infomation because of her innocence

I'm not sleuthing this man. I need to make that very clear. He's Cleared.
I don't want any social media accounts, so I have to ask the question instead of looking: Are these foreign young women IN their home country?
I mean, we aren't talking about 13 year old girls from other countries in the USA are we, because that speaks to another specific type of crime against children ( which, again, I do not think this man is involved in, for sure).
If they are " friends" on FB than they obviously had to accept him as being a friend, so I really don't see what the problem is. If there was something he said to offend any of them all they would have to do is " unfriend" him.

he seems like such a good suspect (aside for a lack of a vehicle), I really hope he is on camera at work or something that solid.

Oh, I read further on and saw that we are not to post about this guy so I am sorry I did. I didn't mention his name and it was meant to be a general comment.

JMO

My gut feeling is that Jayme is dead. I hate to say this but she has now become the number one story on major news networks around the world. The perpetrator(s) have created a problem out of their own making. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Jayme showing up safe and unhurt. But I’m sorry,I can’t see the h
12:55 PM (CDT) - 30 Oct 2018 from Barron, WI
Paul Blume on Twitter

Another depressing scene at the Closs family home. Crews are busy doing post crime clean-up. We are back in Barron today as Sheriff says tips to #FindJaymeCloss have slowed down in recent days. 13yo now missing 2+ weeks. #FindJayme

View attachment 153480 View attachment 153481 View attachment 153482

My thoughts too that she’s alive

I’m thinking that she could be held captive in an underground bunker in the woods like has happened with a previous case.
Either that or I’m thinking it’s possibly a case of older boyfriend , if known about, would not be allowed to date Jayme , so he and an accomplice have killed the parents and she , Jayme has gone with them.
I know certainly the second one is not a popular view and believed to be totally against Jaymes character and I agree that on what little we know , it does appear to be not in her character BUT from personal experience, when I was 13 and 4 months old I too would have been described in the same vein as Jayme and I was very studious and rigidly stuck to rules and wouldn’t ever dare defy my parents and certainly had never ever entertained the ‘boys’ idea - I was a proper goody two shoes. Then I met a boy who was 18 and in my own childlike way , I fell totally head over heels in love. To the point where I started to lie and become very secretive and even snuck him into my house in the middle of the night. It was only ever a kiss and hold hands thing but I knew if my parents found out that I would never be allowed to see him and I would be in huge trouble for the next 12 months because my parents were VERY strict. I idolised my parents but even so, I recall thinking of all kinds of ways to still continue to see him if ever my parents found out. ( They never did and my first true love/crush fizzled out but on telling them about it when I was much older, they said they never would have thought that I would do something like that , not ever in a million years. ( I was later chosen as Head Girl Prefect because of my responsibile and mature attitude and common sense and being an ideal role model.) So the point I am making is this - what if this is Jayme and her BF has said if we ever get caught by your parents, we need to have a plan. And ultimately that plan has been carried out by BF and accomplice and Jayme, never really believing it would come down to her parents getting killed, is in total shock when it happens and without thinking because of shock and a BF saying that he’s done all this for her, so they could be together and she’s in on it etc etc etc , goes with them ( hence why no sign of struggle when she leaves ). And they are now thousands of miles away. It’s happened before (see killer kids documentaries) and will happen again. I’m not totally convinced myself that this is the case, I’m just going through possibilities as the lack of evidence that we are working with ( albeit LE will know a lot more than we do) and the fact that the Sheriff doesn’t specifically state she’s been kidnapped or abducted by force and he also isn’t saying beware of a dangerous perpetrator(s) in the community and lock all doors etc and Jaymes relatives press conference was as if they were trying to encourage her to come out of hiding , in my opinion, leaves us open to this scenario being a possibility ( remote or otherwise).

I am not victim blaming in any way shape or form here as Jayme is still a child and even if she did appear to go along with it all, she hasn’t developed the capacity in her brain yet, to absorb all the implications and consequences of a plan like this and therefore legally, she’s under the age of being able to technically consent to it/go along with it AND may have been too scared to go against the wishes of an older BF but couldn’t tell Mum and Dad about it because firstly she never thought that it was ever a serious consideration for this to happen and second, the palpable disappointment that her parents would have displayed had they have found out by her telling them that she was in a relationship with a boy of 18 and he’s pressuring her to agree to things that she doesn’t want to, were too crushing to contemplate .
This is all MOO and is written for the purpose of discussion and debate and certainly NOT to victim shame Jayme ( and yes I’m aware LE initially said she’s not involved, however , I believe that there are question marks over certain developments that have arisen since he made this statement ).

My thoughts and suspicious are very much in line with yours, but you've said it much better than I could so I'll leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53