SOLVED NY - Tala Farea, 16, Rotana Farea, 22, Hudson River, 24 Oct 2018- COD released: suicide/drowning

I'm baffled:

<modsnip - not victim friendly>
double suicide?
murder-suicide?
murder, period?
folie à deux ?

Any I'm missing?

What says Occam?

What say you?
Occam saith they bound themselves each to each in a watery folie à deux.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m still not ruling out suicide. If they were scared to go back to Saudi, they may have felt hopeless and as if suicide was their best option.

From the Arab news article posted above by @inmyhumbleopinion

Their mother was naturally protective, but in no way was their household problematic for them to run away.”

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

I am confused about when tala first went to NY and was then reported missing. I would assume the parents contacted Rotana right away considering the family says that tala was very upset about Rotana studying in NY. Did Rotana not answer her parents calls? Did she lie and say she didn’t know where tala was? Something really isn’t sitting right with me. I don’t necessarily think the familial statements made in the Arab news article are the true story about what a happy family this is. JMO.

I wonder how Tala made the journey to NYC. She would be a minor, travelling alone, I assume. If so, she would need written parental consent to take a bus or flight. Perhaps that's why mom didn't expect her to be in NYC.

Did someone take her there by car?

I wonder how Tala made the journey to NYC. She would be a minor, travelling alone, I assume. If so, she would need written parental consent to take a bus or flight. Perhaps that's why mom didn't expect her to be in NYC.

My minor teenage daughter flew alone this year and didn't need written consent. I don't think this is true.

Last edited:
My minor teenage daughter flew this year and didn't need written consent. I don't think this is true.

You have two choices: if you go to a self-serve kiosk you just need the confirmation number. If you go to the ticket counter, you'll need your confirmation number and personal ID.

If someone else bought your ticket, you'll need to show your ID and know the password that was created when the ticket was bought.

Bus-Travel-FAQs

Seems you don’t need ID to ride a greyhound bus either. I’ve never had to show ID on public transportation but I’ve only used public transpo from NJ -> NY.

I would imagine any minor determined enough would be able to catch a bus on their own.

JMO but I have felt since the beginning this is <modsnip - not victim friendly>, not suicide. I am heartbroken for these young girls.
I don't disagree. <modsnip- not victim friendly >. Still no comment from the Saudi Consulate in either NY or Washington. I hope NYPD stay on top of this investigation and leave no stone unturned.

This SA woman was ordered home, apparently in a forceful way. speculation.
Ws thread.
India - Sheikha Latifa Al Maktoum, 33, Goa, 4 March 2018

Dubai royal was kidnapped forced back to UAE
May 8, 2018
"Dubai princess Sheikha Latifa ‘missing’ after alleged kidnapping from yacht
DUBAI faces mounting pressure to reveal what happened to princess who was allegedly kidnapped from a luxury boat by armed men."

<modsnip - quoted post sleuthing non POI>

I had a drivers license at the age of 16 in the state of Virginia, so it's possible she drove herself.

“Public records show an address for the older sister Rotana on Seminary Road in Falls church.

But the younger sister, Tala, went to school here at Fairfax High School. Fairfax County school spokesman says she was student here last school year. An address connected to the family comes up at a Fairfax apartment complex, but no family members could be found this Tuesday.”

While the article says the information came from a school spokesman, and it probably is factual, I have to take everything in this report with a grain of salt because later in the article, it says:

“Why, is always the question. Newsday is reporting that the sisters’ mother told police that the girls had been ordered by Immigration, Customs and Enforcement to return to their native Saudi Arabia, after having applied for asylum.“ (BBM)
Fairfax sisters found dead, bound together, in NYC's Hudson River

I knew this was completely contrary to what had been reported before (even though I can see this happening very easily, too), so I clicked on the link to the cited source article, and its title is:

“Sisters found dead in Hudson River were ordered home by Saudis, mom says“ (BBM)

(Insert facepalm emoji here ...)

Last edited:
Authorities probing immigrant Saudi sisters’ mystery deaths

[...]

As of Tuesday, investigators still hadn’t determined how they died. The sisters’ bodies were taped together and facing each other, but had no obvious signs of trauma, police said. They were both fully clothed.

Their mother told detectives the day before the bodies were discovered, she received a call from an official at the Saudi Arabian Embassy, ordering the family to leave the U.S. because her daughters had applied for political asylum, New York police said Tuesday.

Saudi Arabia’s Consulate General in New York said in a statement that it had “appointed an attorney to follow the case closely.”

New York City police sent a detective to Virginia to learn more about the sisters. Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea said they were particularly interested in finding out what happened since they were reported missing and what led them to New York City.

[...]

I think it’s because my brain is hazy from being sick, but this article was kind of confusing to me.

A document regarding an unlawful detainer at Fairfax Corner in June 2017 shows that Rotana Farea had lived in the apartment with multiple people. Though, most neighbors and staff members say they saw Tala far more, and believe Rotana was living elsewhere at certain points.

Snip

Former neighbors confirm that the family moved out of the apartment in August 2018, shortly after Tala was reported missing.

In July 2016, an unlawful detainer shows that Rotana Farea had been living at Skyline Towers apartments in Falls Church, Va. with Abdulsalam Farea. Abdulsalam is listed as Tala’s middle name.

Snip

Though everyone the family encountered recalled meeting two people who identified themselves as the girl’s mother and father, at some point.

The Royal Consulate General of Saudi Arabia in New York issued a statement, confirming that the sisters were both Saudi Arabian citizens. The consulate says the sisters were students, “accompanying their brother in Washington.”

Update: Saudi sisters living in Fairfax found dead, duct taped together in the Hudson River

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back