Found Deceased MO - Darnell Gray, 4, Jefferson City, 24 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my God. There are no words for how heartbroken I am right now. I've been following this and hoping. This poor, sweet little man. I hate the world right now. I hate the fact there are children who aren't loved enough by anyone.

There are so many things I wanted to - and couldn't - say before but this woman was so sketchy from the beginning. Her Facebook comments were very strange. She is also the same one who tried to convince everyone he'd been found safely a few days ago.

She's going to bust Hell wide open one day, but until then I hope every day she exists on this planet is misery.

Last edited:
This is ridiculous!!! So sad how we already knew. Saddens me that this happens over and over. I couldnt imagine being in any sort of law enforcement or medical professions in this day and age. This poor boy should be excited about dressing up and. Trick or treating and about his upcoming 5 birthday. Children should not be subjected to fearing for their lives.
In the majority of these missing children's cases, about 98% of them, in my opinion, end up this way- most especially when there is a "caretaker", "boyfriend/girlfriend", "fiance" or "custody issue" involved. It's almost like watching a remake of the same movie over and over again, only different actors are in it, and some details are changed from the previous movie. This one had a back pack, juice and cookies added in for a nice touch that the little guy decided late at night or early morning to go off on his own adventure, instead of the typical "he was kidnapped" theme, but it ended the same for this darling boy. We still have several kids missing, some parents arrested, some still in jail, and no bodies to show what happened to these children, as the killers are getting smarter now. They know if they hide them really well, that they won't find a COD.

Angers me to no end. No need for these children to be thrown away like yesterday's trash. Give them up to a loving home, or leave the man or woman you are with, if you can't handle helping raising them. No one is twisting these people's arms to raise their own children or someone elses!

In the majority of these missing children's cases, about 98% of them, in my opinion, end up this way- most especially when there is a "caretaker", "boyfriend/girlfriend", "fiance" or "custody issue" involved. It's almost like watching a remake of the same movie over and over again, only different actors are in it, and some details are changed from the previous movie. This one had a back pack, juice and cookies added in for a nice touch that the little guy decided late at night or early morning to go off on his own adventure, instead of the typical "he was kidnapped" theme, but it ended the same for this darling boy. We still have several kids missing, some parents arrested, some still in jail, and no bodies to show what happened to these children, as the killers are getting smarter now. They know if they hide them really well, that they won't find a COD.

Angers me to no end. No need for these children to be thrown away like yesterday's trash. Give them up to a loving home, or leave the man or woman you are with, if you can't handle helping raising them. No one is twisting these people's arms to raise their own children or someone elses!

I agree with this, but the problem is when that actual. 001% is taken by a stranger, and valuable time is wasted by not making an immediate Amber alert, and treating every single child missing case as an abduction.

There are times when LEO makes assumptions, and perpetrators continue unabated. I am sure we can all name several cases like this...

But agreed, why don't the perps just cop to it?!

Catching up, (having a hard time getting myself to read here); bringing fwd latest msm:

Caregiver arrested in death of boy, 4, she reported missing

“Jefferson City police said in a news release Wednesday that 26-year-old Quatavia Givens has been booked into jail on suspicion of first-degree child abuse resulting in the death of Darnell Gray. No charges have been filed.”

Snip

“Police haven't released the cause of death or specifically where he was found.“

5bd9ca4e3db6f.image.jpg

Quatavia Givens
COLE COUNTY JAIL / KRCG

DG could have been gone for who knows how long, as she worked out her story. I wonder when the last time is, that he was actually seen alive by anyone else? No matter, now, but I wonder what this poor child's life was like on a daily basis. Of course, I'm thinking about Emily Glass, and Lucas H (may he rest in peace.) And, where in the world is the dad?? Sigh.

The first time I read the statement I missed the double negative and thought it said there was no one they were looking at. Now that I see it correctly (Duh!) it makes me think that LE has someone in their radar.

Darnell Gray search ends after body found
My bolding. So did we ever find out if the caretaker/stepmother is married to Darnell's dad or if she's a girlfriend?

ETA: If, as Seattle1 says, Darnell was found 4 miles away in an area not previously searched it may be that someone has started talking. MOO.

Some thoughts...so we’ve heard sooo many times the story of the “mom’s boyfriend / stepdad” who harms the child.

Seems “dad’s girlfriend/caregiver / stepmother” comes up as well.

(I just remembered when @oceanblueeyes (iirc) said she gets to be a “Bonus Momma” :) ...there are obviously many loving step parents and caregivers out there don’t get me wrong. Just saying between Emily Glass and this woman...it sounds like men as well need to be careful whom they allow to be around their children.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

I'm tired of seeing kids thrown out like last week's trash. Anything wrong with adoption? With a family of whatever color who will love and care for them?

RIP, Darnell.

127390-1f0bf6b5275d37ff9532ac9a2e11f6f7.jpg

Attachments

• puttoWIthLove.jpg
    puttoWIthLove.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 5

I knew from the get go. Sad. Breaks my heart. Thank fully she's as smart as a doorknob, gave herself away with her likely story.

4-year-old Darnell Gray found dead in Jefferson City

JEFFERSON CITY - The search for 4-year-old Darnell Gray has reached a tragic end.

He was found on Tuesday around noon in Jefferson City, in an area that had been identified but not previously searched, according to Jefferson City Police Lt. David Williams.

“Foul play was not suspected until we found Darnell’s body,” Williams said.

He said the way Darnell died was "not of his own accord," but did not announce a cause of death.

“There’s not a lot of things we could say,” Williams said.

Darnell had been reported missing since last Thursday morning, and his caregiver said she last saw him Wednesday between 11 p.m. and midnight.

“Foul play was not suspected until we found Darnell’s body,” Williams said.“

(Sometimes I wonder if LE fibs in these PCs...)

Sometimes I wonder how many children's lives have been saved because of one person notifying the authorities.

The message I wish that the public would understand is to notify someone if you hear or see something that makes you feel that a child could be unsafe. They could be wrong or they could save a child's life. It comes down to it being that simple.

I believe a good deal of issues involving children these days is that they are used as pawns between men and women in relationships. Many men play loose and free expecting women to use birth control or being told they are. Many women use getting pregnant as a way to seal a relationship. Once the baby is born and it doesn't happen that way, and neither wants the child and won't do the grown up thing and put them up for adoption. At the end of the day they are not good parents, never were and never were going to be. The parents that get charged and guilty of endangering the welfare of a child should lose that and any other child PERMANENTLY.

A local case recently here where a Mother drove the children into the river began with her obsession with a guy who ends up being bio Dad to one of the two children (the daughter who drowned). As it turns out the guy is bio Dad to at least two or three more children by two or three other bio Moms and the guy just turned 28. They just don't learn.

JMO

I just saw this news and am once again reminded by the pure evil that can lurk in ones own home.

You should be dressing up for Hallowe'en and having fun today instead of being sent to a morgue.

I feel so heartbroken about this!

Darnell I will remember your sweet smile for a lifetime.

Justice will come.

“Foul play was not suspected until we found Darnell’s body,” Williams said.“

(Sometimes I wonder if LE fibs in these PCs...)

I thought the same thing. This case began with them not issuing an Amber alert because they said they "had no reason to believe he was abducted." Everyone here (very aptly) pointed out that her story was fishy:
  • No one with kids counts the juice boxes or cookies.
  • People usually check on their kids at night.
  • Small toddlers are afraid of the dark; even if he'd been inclined to run away, he would've turned around when he saw it was dark/heard a dog barking.
  • Toddlers don't have the foresight to pack for a trip.
So, yeah, I don't buy the surprised angle, either; there were red flags all over her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member