Identified! GA - Allatoona Lake, 55-65, Male, found in lake w/ anchor & shot in the head, Sept 2018 - George Madden III

LivMoore

Reaction score
Man Pulled From Allatoona Lake Was Shot In Head

"The victim is a white male between 55 and 65 years old. He is about 5'10'' tall and weighs 230 pounds, said BCSO spokesperson Sgt. Jonathan Rogers.

At the time of body's recovery, the man was wearing shorts and a T-shirt, black swimming flippers and a backpack filled with sand and rocks. He also had a rope with a small anchor tied around his waist and ankle weights strapped to his feet. Sgt. Rogers said the male also suffered a gunshot wound to his right temple."

I can't find a NAMUS profile for him, unfortunately. This is the best article I've found, but it is a very recent case. There is also a sketch provided in the article.

allatoona_lake_victim-1540839959-6245.jpg

and too short, but just got me thinking... The rendering is very good IMO. Someone will recognize this guy, right? But it does say it has been a couple of months and they have not been able to identify him. Hopefully they will release more info soon.

Unusual...My first thought is suicide that wanted to be absolutely sure of death and reducing the chances of being found. Ifif so, I'm sorry he was in so much pain. It seems he tried to reduce the hurt in those left behind, though.

Thoughts?

Unusual...My first thought is suicide that wanted to be absolutely sure of death and reducing the chances of being found. Ifif so, I'm sorry he was in so much pain. It seems he tried to reduce the hurt in those left behind, though.

Thoughts?

I was wondering that, too. The thing that gets me with that theory, though, is that he was shot in the head. He would have had to shoot himself and then fall into the water.

I just emailed the Bartow County Police Department about adding him to NAMUS. I hope it isn't too much of an inconvenience for them haha. A lot of departments don't know that NAMUS even exists, and I really hope it didn't come off as me trying to tell them how to do their jobs.

and too short, but just got me thinking... The rendering is very good IMO. Someone will recognize this guy, right? But it does say it has been a couple of months and they have not been able to identify him. Hopefully they will release more info soon.

They mention in the article that his (the unidentified man) body was badly decomposed. I really wonder about how accurate that sketch could be.

I am hopeful that the sketch is a good one and that the artist is experienced in these kinds of renderings.

Reportedly did not find a gun in the area his body was found in but IMO the gun (if suicide scenario) could be anywhere in that water.

Still haven't gotten a reply back from the police dept. on getting a NAMUS profile up, unfortunately.

upload_2018-12-23_1-22-7.jpeg
Authorities are asking for help identifying a body found in Lake Allatoona in September.

The Bartow County Sheriff’s Office released a sketch Monday of the man, who was shot in the head. His body was found with weights on his ankles, a small boat anchor tied around his waist and a backpack full of rocks and sand on his back, the release said. He was wearing a T-shirt, shorts and black swim flippers.
-White male, 50-60 years old
-5’10/ 230pounds
-possibly had been in lake for sometime prior to discovery
-a sketch using facial reconstuction has been issued
Links:
Cops trying to ID man’s body found in Lake Allatoona that was shot in head

Police need help identifying man found dead in lake with anchor tied to waist
Unidentified Body Found in Lake Allatoona

Strange case... could very well be a hit or maybe even suicide...

His face seems familiar, but it’s really hard to know with these sketches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back