AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just say that from my own experience of being dispatched to an incident via the Police radio, you have to take what is initially on the dispatch log for 911 with a pinch of salt. I say this because from my personal perspective and that of my colleagues, attending incidents in inner city Liverpool U.K. , you don’t really know what you have in front of you when you first arrive at scene and it can be a minute or two for you to realise what’s happened or what you think you are dealing with. All the while transmitting this information over the radio . And then the officer who inputs the information on the computer log is literally transcribing as quickly as possible, the information that you are passing, but from their own perspective and using their own words and terminology. At the same time of doing this, they are also making contact with a supervisory officer, the Detective dept , the Area commander ( or whoever is in charge of that Policing area to update them of a potential serious situation that requires a strategy to deal with the media and enquiries from the Prime Minister Office ) , ascertaining who the SIO is and calling them out, calling out Forensic teams, calling out Search trained and armed response officers ( UK cops are not routinely armed with guns ), obtaining previous incident data for the address , making initial contact with Mobile phone providers that there is an incident commenced that may need real time input ) , and tasking the Force Intelligence Unit to obtain recent information from all the Force systems of intelligence re the address attended
All this is going on at super speed and it’s only a couple of operators along with the Forve Incident Commander, doing all of these initial actions to get the ball rolling. And as I said before, this is all being done whilst communicating over the Police radio with attending officers AND updating the log ( 999 or 911 record ). So you really can’t put too much thought into what was said by whom or what instruction given at what time or when the reason for attendance code / title was changed and by whom or who was in the house and now appears to be missing. All this information gathering is taking place in real time and bring actioned accordingly and the operator is run ragged at this point and high on adrenaline trying
to fulfill a checklist of what needs implementing and updating it all on the computer. So he answered the door becomes he’s at the foot of the door or his feet are out of the door or the door has been kicked in, no not kicked from my perspective, it’s been shot in etc etc etc
If you get my inference?
That’s why when a case finally goes before the Court, the initial log of call and the information thats then inputted can be a huge source of confusion leading the defence to create huge reasonable doubt among a jury straight away as if the initial call info isn’t clear as to what’s what and what happened then how can LE be sure of anything. It’s s typical defence strategy to attack policy and procedures rather than evidence in the U.K. although they do attack the evidence chain too.
I hope this helps you understand all the different information first released .

I'm not saying everything should be take literally from the log. I'm saying that the fact it looked like he was answering the door means something. We shouldn't read into exactly what was reported as much as we should read into what would cause someone to say those things.

If I see a body laying face down with a gunshot wound in their back and their head closest to the door my first instinct would not be that they were answering the door. It would be that they were running toward the door away from someone in the house. But this officer's first instinct was that JC was answering the door, so it tells me that the bullet wound was on the front side of his body and his feet were closer to the door and the shot caused him to fall backward. Hence, why they initially saw his feet.

The body in Wilmar was badly decomposed. 2 weeks wouldn't yield investigators saying, "badly decomposed."

The problem with the description it could mean many things.

Bodies found in water would certainly be in a bloated condition I would think.

Has anyone been reported missing in the area where the body was found? Tia

Imo

I know this is so aggravating to some when someone comes in late asking for a recap of today's updates but would someone be kind enough to do it only this time for me?

We are still having major problems with the aftermath of hurricane Michael. I am wanting to pull my hair out after 20 days of it. Sorry for going off topic.

Anyway any updates anyone will give me will be greatly appreciated.

TIA
I'm not real good at this but I'll try. Sheriff announces they are pulling back I think about 50 percent in search teams due to very few tips. Badly decomposed body found a couple hours away but no news who it could be. Speculation is it's not Jayme. That's about all I can think of right now. Mostly speculation on what could have happened.

Not only that, but in order to exit the front door, they would have to step over the body of James. I am almost certain they left through the patio door.

I would think that they would leave the door open?

I would imagine there would be a lot of blood and they would have run through some. Hopefully there is a footprint.

Probably wore gloves though.

Hard not to drop a hair. I wonder if they vacuum or how that works.

I have looked everywhere but cannot find an overhead map where I can look around for other houses. It's driving me batty because I see nothing but the Closs home and the neighbors next door. Any help with a link would be much appreciated!
There was a picture a few threads ago which showed two other houses further away. One was a little bit more distance away and the other even more so.

I'm not real good at this but I'll try. Sheriff announces they are pulling back I think about 50 percent in search teams due to very few tips. Badly decomposed body found a couple hours away but no news who it could be. Speculation is it's not Jayme. That's about all I can think of right now. Mostly speculation on what could have happened.

I think you did very well explaining it Cardinal.

I appreciate your quick response.

May I ask you another question? Pushing my luck I know. Lol

But when I quickly scanned the thread I thought I saw something where the police are concentrating on social media? Was that an opinion or Fitzgerald really said this? And yes I do plan to go back and read all I missed today. Lol

Thanks again.

I'm not saying everything should be take literally from the log. I'm saying that the fact it looked like he was answering the door means something. We shouldn't read into exactly what was reported as much as we should read into what would cause someone to say those things.

If I see a body laying face down with a gunshot wound in their back and their head closest to the door my first instinct would not be that they were answering the door. It would be that they were running toward the door away from someone in the house. But this officer's first instinct was that JC was answering the door, so it tells me that the bullet wound was on the front side of his body and his feet were closer to the door and the shot caused him to fall backward. Hence, why they initially saw his feet.

Sorry - although I appreciate that I wrote this on your post, and subsequent it read as though I was referring to what you had written, I apologise because I should have really made it a post in itself as it wasn’t directed at your comment at all, i just read your post and I’ve been meaning to write this for a while to give everyone here an idea of all that’s taking place because there has been so much back and forth discussion over all the threads , dissecting every word of the 911 call log. So I just thought I would try to give some idea of all that’s actually taking place so that some of the questions can be answered and put to bed so to speak.
I understand what you were trying to convey and I appreciate it and although I’m sure you didn’t take it personally, I sincerely hope that you didn’t as it wasn’t meant that way. I’m at that menopausal age whereby if I don’t write it when I think of it, I forget about it until prompted, like I was by your post.
Keep sleuthing fellow WS X

I would think that they would leave the door open?

I would imagine there would be a lot of blood and they would have run through some. Hopefully there is a footprint.

Probably wore gloves though.

Hard not to drop a hair. I wonder if they vacuum or how that works.
It would be interesting if we knew the layout of the home. Especially if there were 2 different ways to access the patio door (avoiding stepping in blood), however that could be how they knew that Jayme was in the home at the time of the murders.
I've gathered from the report on the man who broke into the home, that Jayme's bedroom is to the right after entering that door (Patio)

I know this is so aggravating to some when someone comes in late asking for a recap of today's updates but would someone be kind enough to do it only this time for me?

We are still having major problems with the aftermath of hurricane Michael. I am wanting to pull my hair out after 20 days of it. Sorry for going off topic.

Anyway any updates anyone will give me will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Sheriff says scaling back staff by 50% not doing as much search etc. moving to focus on investigating digital trail, social media, communications etc. Still looking for two vehicles. Body found posters consensus seems to be not likely the be related. Nothing else really.

Has the C extended family or LE stated the time that DC/Jayme left the family gathering?

Has LE stated DC/Jayme were seen on camera anywhere between the family gathering and the C home? Any receipts in DC car or handbag?

Do we know what time DC/Jayme arrived home?
Could the perp(s) been waiting for them in the house?

JMO and wondering

I think you did very well explaining it Cardinal.

I appreciate your quick response.

May I ask you another question? Pushing my luck I know. Lol

But when I quickly scanned the thread I thought I saw something where the police are concentrating on social media? Was that an opinion or Fitzgerald really said this? And yes I do plan to go back and read all I missed today. Lol

Thanks again.
Somewhere in time I read a quick message about an Electronics sniffing Dog. Never heard of that one. My thought is they are still looking for somebody's missing phone. Didn't I read that it takes forever to get cell phone records when you don't have the phone? I myself am catching up.

Its certainly possible. Many who eat at soup kitchens have a place to live although they fall into the homeless category. And Soup kitchens are not just for the homeless. As far as I know, they do not turn anyone away. Where I live, being homeless is not a requirement needed to eat at any place that provides meals to the public. In fact, many people who have their own apartments but have little money for food eat at such places.

True. But isn’t it usually people who live in the neighborhood and walk there?

What kind of situation do they have in the Barron area? Do they have something in Barron or would Rice Lake be the closest place for a soup kitchen?

Meth heads would alienate all of their friends and relatives eventually. Where do the homeless go in the Barron area? Are there shelters?

Has the C extended family or LE stated the time that DC/Jayme left the family gathering?

Has LE stated DC/Jayme were seen on camera anywhere between the family gathering and the C home? Any receipts in DC car or handbag?

JMO and wondering
No, on everything except the last line.

That timeline has been kept under wraps, although it would really help us develop a somewhat coherent theory.

As for if the assailant(s) could have been lying in wait, possible, but unlikely as I see things.

This looks like a home invasion involving a family that seconds before, had likely been secure inside the comfort of their home.

No reason to kick a door in, if you’ve already been lying in wait.

I don’t believe that the father kicked that door in.

Does anyone know if there is there any update on the body found at Kandiyohi County yesterday?

No, not even by 5:00 pm today on Thursday. They are still reporting that they are waiting to notify kin before releasing any information about who the deceased person is. I'm sure Jayme's family could have been notified by now so I doubt it's Jayme. My condolences to the family who did lose a loved one though. I feel sad that they still apparently don't know what has happened yet.

Last edited:
Somewhere in time I read a quick message about an Electronics sniffing Dog. Never heard of that one. My thought is they are still looking for somebody's missing phone. Didn't I read that it takes forever to get cell phone records when you don't have the phone? I myself am catching up.

They used one to bust Jared from Subway. Never heard of it until then.

Do you think they used the dog in the home and outside as well?

JMO and wondering
It hasn’t been said in MSM that I know of as to when they left the family gathering or where they may have gone afterwards if anywhere. It also hasn’t been said if they were seen on any cams etc among their route after leaving the party but I believe LE probably obtained footage from traffic cams and or stores etc along the route home (or from a few different possible routes) to help determine a timeline / see if anyone was following them / was anyone else visible in their car (maybe a perp jumped in their car at the gathering or at a gas station along the way home? Who knows).

Sorry - although I appreciate that I wrote this on your post, and subsequent it read as though I was referring to what you had written, I apologise because I should have really made it a post in itself as it wasn’t directed at your comment at all, i just read your post and I’ve been meaning to write this for a while to give everyone here an idea of all that’s taking place because there has been so much back and forth discussion over all the threads , dissecting every word of the 911 call log. So I just thought I would try to give some idea of all that’s actually taking place so that some of the questions can be answered and put to bed so to speak.
I understand what you were trying to convey and I appreciate it and although I’m sure you didn’t take it personally, I sincerely hope that you didn’t as it wasn’t meant that way. I’m at that menopausal age whereby if I don’t write it when I think of it, I forget about it until prompted, like I was by your post.
Keep sleuthing fellow WS X

All good Angle. To me, this site is about collaboration, so I always appreciate your input. Always a good thing to have constructive back and forth as we try to figure out how to solve this case. It's great to have your perspective on things. Nothing personal meant on my end. (I can come off a little blunt at times, but I mean well.) We are all here for the right reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjs