Found Deceased MO - Darnell Gray, 4, Jefferson City, 24 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sad bc in her profile pic Darnell looks so happy lying with her...

For him to have undergone... by someone...

Can’t get the words out.

Prosecutor: Caregiver charged, Darnell Gray suffered blunt and sharp force trauma injuries

Reference:

Forensic Autopsy of Sharp Force Injuries: Overview, Definitions, Scene Findings

From the above reference link:

“Overview
Injuries produced by pointed objects or objects with sharp edges are referred to as "sharp force injuries." Sharp force injuries are characterized by a relatively well-defined traumatic separation of tissues, occurring when a sharp-edged or pointed object comes into contact with the skin and underlying tissues. Three specific subtypes of sharp force injuries exist, as follows: stab wounds, incised wounds, and chop wounds.”

Oh, this makes me SO MAD! Remember when the narrative yesterday was, “I may have hit him wrong”?? She freely admit to hitting him and now it turns out he's also been stabbed; this all says to me that this wasn't a one-off, isolated incident. That poor baby was systematically and repeatedly abused in many ways. They need to save the taxpayers some money, stop listening to her lies and fast-track her tail to old sparky.

There are reasons for every action. Why parents names are hush hush. Reason police were not sharing all details. Reason qg was so defensive over fb post. Reason that qg was looking down during her mugshot while she smirked in the other.

There is NO REASON for these children to die anymore.

Well said, Margarita. I was just thinking about this. I came to WS originally to follow trials and research cold cases and now I am training to become a guardian ad litem. I think we need to be the good we so rarely see in these cases.

I've worked in child welfare for about 16 years, and I LOVE our GAL's!!! Some of the best advocates out there. Juvenile/ Child Abuse/Neglect courts are a different element, and it takes a special person to find their niche in there. I am very happy for you, and thankful to have another attorney with good intentions entering the child welfare circle. Welcome!

What a despicable woman. I suspected something was not right when I first read about the case a few days ago and there were posters commenting about it being unlikely a child that age would pack a backpack with two juice boxes. She obviously did not have a grasp on child development. Who was this women that the parents entrusted in the care of their child? Was she a A friend?
If you notice, a lot of these women try to maternalize themselves in front of LE and the media. In this case, he had his jacket, shoes, two juice boxes and cookies in his little back pack.

Lucas was put in a pull up and watched a movie before Emily laid down for a nap after her shower.

Hazana's mother said she was getting her a bottle when she disappeared.

Just some examples off the top of my head, but we all know there is many many more like these girlfriends/fiancees/step mothers/mothers killing these children.

I am wondering how much of this could be rage from Quatavia toward the Father of the child. She has been reported as Caregiver, Step Mother, ex girlfriend and girlfriend. Which is it currently? This woman seems to have been all these things at some point both to Darnell and the Father. Not knowing how long this situation has gone on but at this point I believe Quatavia has ended up feeling really used to be all these things to this man and his son only to have him go back to Chicago (supposedly to see his Mom) but all in all where his ex lives to maybe reconnect. But the audacity to leave his Son for her to take care of him could have outraged her...and she took it all out on poor Darnell. Looks to me like the abuse to Darnell began about the time the Father (and I use that term loosely) went back to where the ex lives.

Revenge and spite go a long way. A Woman Scorned and all that!

JMO
Exactly (i.e., trip to Chicago and/or town of his ex). Darnell was not in school, and it seems Dad would have taken him to see his ill Grandmother.

It was also reported at one time that Dad was "working." I wonder if that's what he told Quatavia? And the she found out otherwise and took revenge....

Exactly (i.e., trip to Chicago and/or town of his ex). Darnell was not in school, and it seems Dad would have taken him to see his ill Grandmother.

It was also reported at one time that Dad was "working." I wonder if that's what he told Quatavia? And the she found out otherwise and took revenge....

My opinion is that taking him to Chicago to see grandmother with him would allow mom to regain custody of him. He was avoiding handing Darnell back over. Time will tell!

Ok, WHERE WERE HIS PARENTS?!?!?! Was this child discarded like yesterday's newspaper? I think I'm afraid of hearing what happened to Darnell, and for the length of time it was happening.
Yeah, I'm with you. On her page while she was defending herself to people, she mentioned several times that if either parent was so concerned, they would have been raising him themselves. I won't be surprised if he was essentially abandoned to her care. And she didn't want to have a full time child. So she took it out on the sweet innocent baby, who smiled, even behind his black eye. I cannot handle these babies who go so far to just smile and be loved and are mistreated, in return.

All my opinion.

If you notice, a lot of these women try to maternalize themselves in front of LE and the media. In this case, he had his jacket, shoes, two juice boxes and cookies in his little back pack.

Lucas was put in a pull up and watched a movie before Emily laid down for a nap after her shower.

Hazana's mother said she was getting her a bottle when she disappeared.

Just some examples off the top of my head, but we all know there is many many more like these girlfriends/fiancees/step mothers/mothers killing these children.

This is an incredibly interesting and perceptive point.

My opinion is that taking him to Chicago to see grandmother with him would allow mom to regain custody of him. He was avoiding handing Darnell back over. Time will tell!

Or have to pay child support monthly. I'm sorry I just don't trust any of their justifications...or lies.

I just can't seem to wrap my head around this one case. I woke up in the middle of the night, and there was my puppy. He raised his little head as much as to say "where are you going?". My very first thought was about poor little Darnell. I can't even go off and leave my puppy for a weekend. How is it that some parents can't even do that for their own child? I just don't get it.

JMO

JMO

Fooled and a fool, and Darnell paid the price.

IMO, if you are entrusting your child's care to someone else, a background check of public records is the very least you should do. It's like these men and women get " in lust" and common sense--if they had any to begin with--goes out the window with regard to their children. Sex and free childcare become more important than their children's safety.

Parents, PLEASE, protect your children.

AMEN! It has to be the parents’ responsibility to learn about the kind of person you are entrusting your child to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member