Lost Girls: An Unsolved American Mystery by Robert Kolker

I'm sure it was a local or locals. No doubt the LE is involved and I have a good idea of who they were involved with as far as civilians go. Just putting 2 + 2 together, connecting the dots. I'm wondering on how far the book or movie has dug into the dirt. I'll have to get the book.

I'm sure it was a local or locals. No doubt the LE is involved and I have a good idea of who they were involved with as far as civilians go. Just putting 2 + 2 together, connecting the dots. I'm wondering on how far the book or movie has dug into the dirt. I'll have to get the book.
The book delved pretty deep, surprisingly. Of course, there's stuff that came to fruition after 2013 but it is well researched and much better than I had expected. Definitely worth your time reading it, IMO. I've read and reread the book more than a couple times.
That said, I have serious doubts about how in-depth and studied the apparent upcoming Amazon/Netflix or whatever series will be. We'll see I guess.

I will definitely have to read it. Everything so far on the case has come from the newspapers and they aren't giving anything up, if they actually found something noteworthy.

Netflix would produce a TV show based on this excellent book, here are a list of roles have been cased:
Amy Ryan: Mari Gilbert (Excellent choice)
Gabriel Byrne: Richard Dormer, the police commissioner (good choice)
Thomasin McKenzie: one of Mari's daughter, I hope not Shannon Gilbert, because she looks nothing like Shannon, so more likely one of Mari's younger daughters, maybe Sherre?
Lola Kirke: Kim Overstreet, of course, she definitely is an excellent choice for Kim Overstreet

This description couldn't be further then the actual story. I hope they don't twist this for Hollywood and totally mess up the public's perception of the actual case.
Liz Garbus in Talks to Direct Serial Killer Film 'Lost Girls' for Amazon (Exclusive)

I do know Liz Gatbus directed the Diane Schuler documentary. I thought she did a good job presenting a fair, unbiased account of what happened, what MAY have caused it and her back story. If she is taking on the LISK/Lost Girls case, I hope she does tne same - and presents all the facts and tie-ins. Though saying that, I haven't seen anything else by Garbus and this is MOO just based off her Schuler documentary.

I myself have read Lost Girls numerous times (to the point I need a new copy now) and loved it. I am a Long Islander and thought most of the LI facts were accurate.

I do know Liz Gatbus directed the Diane Schuler documentary. I thought she did a good job presenting a fair, unbiased account of what happened, what MAY have caused it and her back story. If she is taking on the LISK/Lost Girls case, I hope she does tne same - and presents all the facts and tie-ins. Though saying that, I haven't seen anything else by Garbus and this is MOO just based off her Schuler documentary.

I myself have read Lost Girls numerous times (to the point I need a new copy now) and loved it. I am a Long Islander and thought most of the LI facts were accurate.

I agree Lost Girls is THE best true crime book I ever read

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back