AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that James was trying to escape, that he was going after the perp and Jayme as they were leaving the house. The perp could have shot him as he was leaving, with James in the doorway.

I don't think the police actually KNOW James answered the door. It just appears, because he was in the door, that he answered it. Unless someone was witness to this.

I see what you mean.

But it is common for the police to know where the perp and victim were standing at the time. We see them decribe the positions of both in trials.

Since we weren't there we do not know what they saw that convinced them of this.

But I do trust them and what they saw making them believe he was answering the door when shot to death right inside of the doorway area of his home.

Jmo

I have thought this. And that he was shot as they were heading out the door, last. Complete opposite of what we have been thinking.
I thought this (that James possibly kicked the door in and was shot at that point) from the beginning but have been continuously discounted, mainly because of the way police apparently found him laying (seeing feet first at the door). I still believe its a possibility though.

Last edited:
Aggravating!! Every once in a while I'll just google the case to see if there are some comments made by someone that I missed or something. It is so aggravating that a majority of the results are of that idiot who broke in to steal underwear.

I see what you mean.

But it is common for the police to know where the perp and victim were standing at the time. We see them decribe the positions of both in trials.

Since we weren't there we do not know what they saw that convinced them of this.

But I do trust them and what they saw making them believe he was answering the door when shot to death right inside of the doorway area of his home.

Jmo

The only mention of answering the door comes from the 911 log. One of the officers first impression of a scene that wasn't even necessarily a homicide yet in their minds.

I don't think it is a matter of trusting them or not. Even the sheriff cautioned that the 911 log is not necessarily reflecting the evidence collected from the scene.

If James was DOA they can't know if he "answered the door" and even the "kicked in" is just a first impression from the log and "shot in" is a rumour from outside of LE.

It is confirmed by Sheriff Fitzgerald after the log came out that James was at the doorway and Denise further in the home. They died from gunshot wounds. Everything else, it seems, should be taken with a grain of salt, even if we trust LE and believe them. Imo

Aliens.

That is really all I have at this point. This is exhausting. I am having the craziest dreams now too from falling asleep with my phone as I read comments on here.

I know we doubt the body in MN is her. But any reason they haven't released any info?? Every body found in WI always comes with gender. This one has absolutely nothing and still... nothing. Kind of odd. Willmar is where the other Jennie-O plant is too. Probably coincidental but my sleepless mind is going everywhere.
I have been surprised that it took someone this long to suggest aliens. o_O

Somebody several threads back mentioned what seemed like an abnormally high number of registered sex offenders in the area and others have mentioned quite a few drug related offenses. I hadn’t seen this though, just a good old local “police beat.” I’m getting the distinct impression that this area has a lot more problems than I initially thought.

Courthouse News

Yikes!

Please excuse my naiveté regarding the sound of gunshots.
The neighbours stated they heard two however, some forums have stated that multiple rounds were shot.
If multiple rounds were shot would the neighbours only hear two as two shots were outside the home and the rest inside? (I have read somewhere that the lock on the door was shot at)
If only two shots, both inside the home, would the sound be loud enough for neighbours to hear?

Not if he/she/they wanted to punish the folks he/she/they perceive to be facilitating Jayme's need to be rescued.

JMO.
I think, who is able to murder two parents in a violent manner (crime scene was described to have been a "violent" situation), doesn't have in mind to honestly "rescue" a just 13 yo girl. IMO, he is rescuing himself in first taking JC with him; then perhaps he will think, what to do with her in the future. If he is related or known to her, he possibly will be "humane" with JC and only start some brainwashing, being far away forever. MOO

Not that James was trying to escape, that he was going after the perp and Jayme as they were leaving the house. The perp could have shot him as he was leaving, with James in the doorway.

I don't think the police actually KNOW James answered the door. It just appears, because he was in the door, that he answered it. Unless someone was witness to this.
This is what I initially thought may have happened as well. But now I'm not so sure. If LE thinks he answered the door they must have specific evidence to make them believe that. Besides the call log, didn't Fitzgerald confirm this in a later statement when asked about It? I thought he did but not sure if I remember correctly. Jmo

Aliens.

That is really all I have at this point. This is exhausting. I am having the craziest dreams now too from falling asleep with my phone as I read comments on here.

I know we doubt the body in MN is her. But any reason they haven't released any info?? Every body found in WI always comes with gender. This one has absolutely nothing and still... nothing. Kind of odd. Willmar is where the other Jennie-O plant is too. Probably coincidental but my sleepless mind is going everywhere.

I also am finding it odd that no gender, etc has been released. Regardless the identity, foul play must be involved IMO. The photos I've seen are of a somewhat open field (not corn) so I believe that person was put there (or killed there). Hopefully they will release more info today.

One would think that if this was the case, that chair would have been busted up considering the door had been kicked in
Has anyone considered the door could have been kicked in prior to the crime? The chair could have been a way to keep it shut until they could replace it. It could have been the result of an earlier altercation with someone who came back and killed them. If they knew the person they might have decided not to call the police so the person wouldn't be arrested.

Honestly, what a bizarre happenstance -- remains found near the corporate HQ of Jennie-O. I am assuming no connection here, but such a strange development in a heartbreaking, frustrating case.

Yes, this is the body found earlier this week in Kandiyohi County. I didn't realize how close it was to Jennie -O headquarters...

This is what I initially thought may have happened as well. But now I'm not so sure. If LE thinks he answered the door they must have specific evidence to make them believe that. Besides the call log, didn't Fitzgerald confirm this in a later statement when asked about It? I thought he did but not sure if I remember correctly. Jmo

That's right. I had forgotten that he answered "yes" to a question about James answering the door and then on a follow-up question, said he couldn't comment.

I took that as him confirming that it says as much in the log, but maybe there is some sort of further evidence.

If only that would be enough to make them lock up. I moved from Hartford, WI. The heroin problem in that county was unreal. You wouldn't believe how many times LE had to stress that people need to lock up their homes and vehicles. Born and raised locals often live with the "can't happen to me" naivety. It is difficult to get people to change their ways and often problems are looked at as caused by the "city folk" or "transplants" to the area. They figure if they don't run with that crowd they are safe.
I have lived in a rural area my entire life and we ALWAYS made sure our doors and cars were locked. We would always check windows and doors before bed. No one had ever broken into our home or vehicle but from the time I was a kid my parents always told me to lock the doors. We keep doors locked during the day while we are at home too. My husband will make fun of me because I am diligent about locking up. On the other hand, his house was never locked. They would have people coming and going at all hours of the night. It was like a flop house.

Bringing over some posts from the last thread:

This is really great sleuthing thesnowflakesparkles! Can we figure out these exact course locations and add them to the case map? I think it is possibly relevant that Jayme ran Cross Country events in Rice Lake and Cumberland.

Snipped for focus.

Nitpicking, the only cross country race was the Warrior Invite at UWBC. The other two races are road races on streets with people of all ages and genders.
I did find one more result under Denise's name but I feel pretty confident this was Jayme as the age division is 1-10:
Denise Closs

I put all the race locations on the map as a separate layer. I don't think this really helps the case, but it is nice to be dealing in facts and tangibles. The location for Haley's Comet has changed from 2016/2017 (if you visit the current website), I know this because I was a spectator there (weird).

Here is the map:
Jayme Closs Case - Google My Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads