FBI to examine claims that women were offered money to say Mueller behaved inappropriately

poppy8

Former Member
Reaction score
Mueller asks FBI to investigate claims women were
offered money to say he behaved inappropriately

A spokesman for Robert S. Mueller III said Tuesday that the special counsel’s office has asked the FBI to examine claims that women were offered money to say Mueller behaved inappropriately toward them decades ago.

The spokesman, Peter Carr, issued a statement saying that “when we learned last week of allegations that women were offered money to make false claims about the special counsel, we immediately referred the matter to the FBI for investigation.”

Carr’s statement comes as Jack Burkman, a conservative lobbyist, tweeted that Thursday he “will reveal the first of special counsel Robert Mueller’s sex assault victims. I applaud the courage and dignity and grace and strength of my client.”

Burkman gained notoriety when he promoted conspiracy theories regarding the still-unsolved killing in 2016 of Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich. Those theories have been disputed by law enforcement officials.
x
more from WaPo​

NBC has published an investigative article about an individual, Jacob Wohl, suspected of involvement in the emails circulated to news reporters regarding allegations of payment to women for sexual assault accusations against Mueller, which Wohl claims are a subterfuge to discredit him personally. Wohl and Washington lobbyist Jack Burkman hosted a press conference today at which there was not a public claim of assault by Mueller made directly by a verified victim, although it was stated that the victim who was meant to be at the press conference but ultimately choose not to attend would be filing a police report soon. Burkman says he is legally representing this and potentially other victims, and says that none of the potential victims he has spoken with were involved in the emails alleging payment for sexual assault claims against Mueller.

Nov. 1, 2018 / 7:40 AM PDT
By Brandy Zadrozny

"Jacob Wohl, 20, far-right conspiracy theorist, gets a moment in spotlight with Mueller plot The Trump supporter, once billed as a teenage financial guru, has a history of schemes."

Jacob Wohl, 20, is a conspiracy theorist with ties to the Mueller plot

Last edited:
I'm not yet convinced this isn't some type of quadruple hoax based on a verifiable assault claim executed with planted hoaxes in order to discredit everyone, except for ultimately, the three people at the center of the claim: the named-victim, Wohl & Burkman. Some type of Spanish Prisoner scheme, but instead of money, our belief in the facts of reality is what we are constant loosing, in greater scale.

Last edited:
Seems anything goes with the upcoming election. Nation is like a bad circus!!!

On October 29, 2018, Kevin Doherty was indicted for shooting Jack Burkman on March 13, 2018, allegedly related to former investigations Doherty and Burkman were conducting regarding the 2016 Seth Rich murder in Washington DC, and while Burkman believed he was communicating with an FBI whistleblower to uncover wrongdoing by then-deputy-director Andrew McCabe. Doherty was also said to have struck Burkman repeatedly with an SUV. Doherty has been incarcerated since March 17, 2018 and has a post-indictment hearing Monday, November 5, 2018.

Lobbyist says he was nearly killed by man he hired to investigate Seth Rich’s death

New details revealed in shooting of lobbyist investigating murder of DNC staffer

IF the reported activities of Burkman and Wohl in the past weeks are part of a hoax, one so easily uncovered, I've been wracking my brain to figure out what they are meant to distract attention from.

I haven't read anything from Burkman regarding the indictment of his potential killer just one day before this breaking news arose regarding accusations against Mueller, especially not on Burkman's Twitter feed. Perhaps he mentioned it on his podcast or Facebook videos, or has left the matter in the past.

edited to add: Local news report on Kevin Doherty Arrest
Hit and Run Suspect Arrested During Police Raid in Fairlington
by ARLnow.com March 19, 2018 at 10:55 am
UPDATED: Hit and Run Suspect Arrested During Police Raid in Fairlington

Last edited:
On October 29, 2018, Kevin Doherty was indicted for shooting Jack Burkman on March 13, 2018, allegedly related to former investigations Doherty and Burkman were conducting regarding the 2016 Seth Rich murder in Washington DC, and while Burkman believed he was communicating with an FBI whistleblower to uncover wrongdoing by then-deputy-director Andrew McCabe. Doherty was also said to have struck Burkman repeatedly with an SUV. Doherty has been incarcerated since March 17, 2018 and has a post-indictment hearing Monday, November 5, 2018.

Lobbyist says he was nearly killed by man he hired to investigate Seth Rich’s death

New details revealed in shooting of lobbyist investigating murder of DNC staffer

IF the reported activities of Burkman and Wohl in the past weeks are part of a hoax, one so easily uncovered, I've been wracking my brain to figure out what they are meant to distract attention from.

I haven't read anything from Burkman regarding the indictment of his potential killer just one day before this breaking news arose regarding accusations against Mueller, especially not on Burkman's Twitter feed. Perhaps he mentioned it on his podcast or Facebook videos, or has left the matter in the past.

edited to add: Local news report on Kevin Doherty Arrest
Hit and Run Suspect Arrested During Police Raid in Fairlington
by ARLnow.com March 19, 2018 at 10:55 am
UPDATED: Hit and Run Suspect Arrested During Police Raid in Fairlington

Sounds like the plot of a really bad novel. These people should all find more productive things to do with their time and money. Donate to a charity, work at a food bank. Too many crazy people in DC with too much money to spend on stirring up bad publicity. Follow the money.

I'm not yet convinced this isn't some type of quadruple hoax based on a verifiable assault claim executed with planted hoaxes in order to discredit everyone, except for ultimately, the three people at the center of the claim: the named-victim, Wohl & Burkman. Some type of Spanish Prisoner scheme, but instead of money, our belief in the facts of reality is what we are constant loosing, in greater scale.
There is a report out as of November 19th at the Hill Reporter, not sure if that is an acceptable news source, that a person claiming to be the victim has given an exclusive interview, is unable to say with certainty that Mueller was the perpetrator, and said she is not likely to file a police report.

Additionally, Surefire Intelligence (I cringe writing those words as a business, as it is a shell of Wohl personas and fake profiles) contacted law blog author Joe Patrice claiming to be the originator of an email sent to an actual woman, Jennifer Taub, soliciting assault claims against Mueller. Publish date November 6.

I would link, but I'm not sure what sources outside of mainstream media are allowed at Websleuths.

Last edited:
It's reported in the press, if you search Mueller Wohl or something like that. I wasn't sure if it was permitted to name an alleged victim, regarding the desire to protect privacy.

Following up to note that Burkman's 2018 attacker plead guilty in December last year and is now serving time in prison.* These self-proclaimed counter-conspiracy cabals draw out unstable people and real crimes occur tangentially that bring true harm to others.

I am very curious if Burkman and Wohl will be held legally accountable for their unsubstantiated claims against Mueller.

*"Ex-Marine admits he lured Seth Rich conspiracy theorist Jack Burkman to a hotel parking garage, then shot him"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.baef90f4a815

Washington Post,
By Rachel Weiner
December 3, 2018

This is how Jacob Wohl created a sexual harassment accusation against Robert Mueller

This is how Jacob Wohl created a sexual harassment accusation against Robert Mueller
Gus Garcia-Roberts and Christal Hayes, USA TODAYPublished 4:45 p.m. ET Feb. 26, 2019 | Updated 4:47 p.m. ET Feb. 26, 2019

"...But, Wohl claimed to USA TODAY, however, that a goal of his scheme had been to trick journalists into thinking that he had offered to pay for dirt on Mueller, so he made up a person and sent those allegations to media outlets. On his phone, he scrolled through emails from reporters at major outlets like The Washington Post, The New York Times and Buzzfeed who had tried to garner more information from a person who he says did not actually exist.
"The real allegations against Mueller would have been ignored … had we not roped the media into attending the press conference," Wohl said.

...At the news conference, Wohl distributed a document that was digitally signed, purportedly by the absent accuser Carolyne Cass, in which she said she had been sexually assaulted by Mueller in New York in 2010. In the interview this month, Wohl referred to Cass as a "real accuser" and called her allegations credible.

...Cass said it ultimately became clear that Cohen [Wohl] and his associates, imaginary or otherwise, “needed a credible female to put on the line” for false allegations about Mueller. “They made it up,” Cass said of the document accusing Mueller, which was passed around at the news conference. “They wrote it and docu-signed it.”

She claimed Cohen [Wohl] tried to get her to speak at the news conference but she “escaped” and learned only as the scheme exploded that Cohen was in fact Wohl. “He completely lied to me,” Cass said.

...Burkman also refused to discuss his role in the Mueller scheme. Both Wohl and Cass say they have not been contacted by the FBI.

Stanford Law School professor Robert Weisberg said Wohl’s actions could be construed by a federal prosecutor as wire fraud, obstruction of justice or conspiracy – or as possibly violating various state statutes – but likely fell into a legal “gray zone.”

"[Wohl] pitched investors on a scheme to use fake news stories to manipulate political betting markets for profit."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jacob... censored*-up-to-game-political-betting-sites

The Daily Beast: Will Sommer 05.01.19 8:00 AM ET

"A conservative activist familiar with Wohl’s operations told The Daily Beast that Wohl had claimed in the past that he could profit by manipulating political betting markets. A phone number listed on ACPI’s now-deleted Facebook page has also been the source of bizarre claims about Wohl and Burkman in text messages to reporters at The Daily Beast and other outlets, apparently in an attempt to fool reporters and generate fake news stories about them."

~~~
https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/jacob-wohl-bolt-intelligence/

Jacob Wohl is tied to at least 5 fake intelligence firms
The Daily Dot: Claire Goforth 2019-05-01 01:51 pm | Last updated 2019-05-02 09:03 am

"It was previously known that Wohl was affiliated with three fake intelligence companies—Potomac Intelligence, SureFire Intelligence, and Arlington Center for Political Intelligence. Bolt Intel and Bolt Intelligence, which may be synonymous, are new."

~~~
"The FBI Appears to Have an Active Criminal Investigation Into Jacob Wohl’s Surefire Intelligence"

The FBI Appears to Have an Active Criminal Investigation Into Jacob Wohl’s Surefire Intelligence

Law and Crime: by Colin Kalmbacher | 1:05 pm, April 2nd, 2019

"The Young Turks journalist Ken Klippenstein recently filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for documents pertaining to Surefire Intelligence. The FBI, however, declined to provide those records, and the excuse used by the law enforcement agency to justify their denial suggests a criminal probe is currently underway."

~~~
Ultimately, I think one of Wohl's main goals at this point is to see how high he can trend on Twitter without having a named Twitter account (probably some kind of betting market involved there) and to see how much traffic he can direct toward his puppet-master projects just by getting his name in the news by any means possible.

Several times recently when Wohl has come up in the news, a Twitter search on his name returns sometimes hundreds of retweets an hour of a petition against Minnesota Representative Ilhan Omar or hit-pieces on The Hill Reporter or Michael Avenatti, etc. Bot-farms and troll-armies are real, sadly.

I don't actually believe he is as inept as if often reported. I think it is all part of the plan. I suspect he plans to get caught. It gives him much more free coverage than when no one is thinking about him. He has enough lawyers around him (Burkman and his father most directly) to know exactly where the line is on criminality vs civil complaints. I also don't think he is as "dumb" as if often portrayed, particularly when misspellings and poorly worded grandiose claims in his documents and schemes are pointed toward as evidence. It has long been suspected that certain email scams are successful because, not in spite, of these tactics: they are more likely to draw in gullible individuals, possibly who are convinced they will have the upper hand in the con because the target thinks the con artists are too dumb/ignorant/etc.

There's a reason Nigerian scammers are so obvious in their emails

Business Insider: Libby Kane May 28, 2014, 10:25 AM

"According to new book "Think Like A Freak," a follow-up to the popular "Freakonomics" by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, the scam's obviousness is its chief selling point."

"... it's in the scammers' best interest to minimize the number of false positives who cost them effort but never send them cash. By sending an initial email that's obvious in its shortcomings, the scammers are isolating the most gullible targets. If you trash their email, that's fine. They don't want you, someone from whom there's virtually no chance of receiving any money. They want people who, faced with a ridiculous email, still don't recognize its illegitimacy.

As Herley tells the book's authors, "Anybody who doesn't fall off their chair laughing is exactly who they want to talk to."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back