GUILTY FL - Gail Cleavenger, 46, slain by teenage son in dispute over grade, DeBary, 2 Nov 2018

Indy Anna

Reaction score
15-year-old Florida boy deemed ‘sociopath’ after allegedly killing mother, staging fake burglary
Ramos reportedly called 911 after he got home from school Friday afternoon and claimed to have found his house burglarized, Cleavenger’s car running and his mother missing.

When deputies arrived, they realized something was off, according to WKMG. Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood told the outlet that Ramos had scratches on his face that were consistent with wounds inflicted in self-defense and that the scene seemed suspicious.

The Sheriff’s Office reportedly interviewed two of Ramos’ friends, 17-year-olds Dylan Ceglark and Brian Porras, who allegedly confessed to helping Ramos stage the burglary scene and bury Cleavenger.
more...

Gregory Ramos
& Gail Cleavenger: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

Police have said that Ramos admitted to killing his mother, Gail Cleavenger, 46, on Alicante Road in the town of Debray in the very early hours of November 2.

Authorities say that Ramos then took his mother’s body in a wheelbarrow to River City Church on East Highbanks Road, where he buried her body. With the help of two 17-year-old friends, Ramos then staged a robbery scene at his home. Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood said that it took Ramos around 30 minutes to kill his mother after she survived the initial strangulation attempt.

The sheriff says that Ramos described the phone call he made to authorities about the alleged break-in as “Grammy-winning.” Among the things that the sheriff described as “not adding-up” was that Cleavenger did not show up for work on the morning of November 2.
more...

Kids have sure changed. I wonder if this kid had a Father in the house? It seems like having a Father really makes a difference. No disrespect to single mothers who do a great job, or kids who grew up without a father, and did not shoot anyone.

But, there have been several shootings, where the male child kills his mother, and there is no male figure in the home. No child should have access to guns, ever. Even a 15 year old male, should only have access to weapons with an adult. This case reminds me of Adam Lanza, who also killed his Mother.

RSBM.
No child should have access to guns, ever. Even a 15 year old male, should only have access to weapons with an adult.

This kid dis not shoot but strangle his mother. Twice even, because she regained consciousness after the first time. If you can do that to your own mother, is there anything you would not do?

Kids have sure changed. I wonder if this kid had a Father in the house? It seems like having a Father really makes a difference. No disrespect to single mothers who do a great job, or kids who grew up without a father, and did not shoot anyone.

But, there have been several shootings, where the male child kills his mother, and there is no male figure in the home. No child should have access to guns, ever. Even a 15 year old male, should only have access to weapons with an adult. This case reminds me of Adam Lanza, who also killed his Mother.
I was reading some comments on FB from her friends and one referred to her son as a “monster.” Also sounds like she was having problems with his bahavior. I wonder what his relationship was like with his step father?
it’s scary to me that not only did he murder his mother but was able to enlist 2 friends to help him relocate her body. Ugh. Awful.

Wonder what the teacher who gave the D feels like.

Perfectly justified in the grade given, I imagine. Why should s/he bear or feel any blame for this matricide?

I'm a bit surprised that this kid could find two friends to help him, though I expect the story he told them was a less than accurate recounting of events.

I have never believed guns to be the problem (MOO). Evil running rampant finds its own weapon, JMO. In this case, sadly, it was his bare hands. As a child, there were many, many times I was angry at one/both of my parents. Killing them never, ever crossed my mind. What makes the difference in today's children? Pure evil is impossible to harness. He may be a serial killer in the making. Another budding Charlie Brandt IMHO. Pure evil. His own words, "grammy winning" 911 call. Creepy!

Last edited:
I was reading some comments on FB from her friends and one referred to her son as a “monster.” Also sounds like she was having problems with his bahavior. I wonder what his relationship was like with his step father?
it’s scary to me that not only did he murder his mother but was able to enlist 2 friends to help him relocate her body. Ugh. Awful.

Frightening, isn't it.

While the entitlements-minded kids are a concern not just to me but to many adults in the country, what scares me is kids like this who probably will not amount to much in life anyways because they were spending too much time with friends, too much time on that cell phone texting, too much time "hanging out", wondering where these kids are getting their sets of standards from.

When I was growing up, if a child got a bad grade in a certain subject, we were always encouraged to try harder (not that I ever got bad grades, lowest was a C in algebra). We certainly did not consider ourselves on a par with the parents nor threaten to kill them by strangling them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Protocol136
Back