Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha. Not being local it is hard for me to figure out what type of road the service road would be. Service road had me a little confused. I think in my area this is called a business road. Some pictures look busy and traveled but some pictures make it look like a road I would not travel alone at night.
I agree that its tricky to understand the traffic in this area as I've always wondered if DNV got confused by the turnoff options leaving the Shell station? Maybe we can find a larger graphic that makes the traffic directions clearer as oftentimes you don't have many turn options when on a service road and so have to drive in one direction to get to a place where a turn is possible. Maybe this area around the Shell was effectively 'locked in' so you can only turn in one direction. This is a great question to clarify with a graphic.

I agree that its tricky to understand the traffic in this area as I've always wondered if DNV got confused by the turnoff options leaving the Shell station? Maybe we can find a larger graphic that makes the traffic directions clearer as oftentimes you don't have many turn options when on a service road and so have to drive in one direction to get to a place where a turn is possible. Maybe this area around the Shell was effectively 'locked in' so you can only turn in one direction. This is a great question to clarify with a graphic.

That's a fairly good description- "locked in". There's really only one way to turn to get back to the interstate from the Shell- leaving the Shell take a right onto the service road and then a left at the light onto Government. If you weren't going to take the interstate, you could either turn left leaving the Shell and take the service road back or instead of turning to get on Government at the light, you could turn right onto Lakeside which is "backroads" and takes you through what's essentially a business district. I'll try to come up with something this afternoon to better depict it.

Do you think it would be easy to accidentally go down that road and drive into the river? It does not seem possible to me by the map but maps from above certainly look different than driving down the road.
I dont personally think anyone could accidentally end up in the water there but I guess anything is possible

The water I posted is easily 12-40 ft deep. Theres always ships coming in and out so it's super deep

Do you think they would have surveillance cameras down there? I'd imagine with the loading they'd have cameras. A few of my clients own warehouses and they get discounts on their liability insurance if they have cameras and security systems set up throughout the property.

Do you think they would have surveillance cameras down there? I'd imagine with the loading they'd have cameras. A few of my clients own warehouses and they get discounts on their liability insurance if they have cameras and security systems set up throughout the property.

I would think that there would be surveillance on the parking garage beside it. Most of the buildings downtown have surveillance at least on their entrances/exits.

I would say they definetly would have some sort of surveillance

(image of ramp off Water St.)
V4rvWF9.jpg

A-Dublin's
2 pins south of here are Ollie's and Danniella's approximate home location.
B is the shell
The pin all the way to the East is Hero's where the night began with RC. Just past that to the East at the end of the street is the ramp.

I brought this location up in thread 1 after JDT had posted about her phone or car pinging there (since corrected to the last ping being Shell). I am still wondering if that parking ramp has been searched for the car (or any ramps downtown) but figure by now a car sitting there this long would have been towed or noticed. I "walked" those few blocks and feel the only way she could have driven off was if she was extremely intoxicated and ran the light at Water St. and had enough speed to go over the misc. debris and obstacles along the waterfront. If the car went into the river there, IMO she didn't do it.
I agree this could have been some weird accident. But lets not forget she was supposed to be driving to Ollies, not to the Shell, according to her friends. With all this time to think about this case, I have actually wondered whether she was actually on her way downtown to pick up RC at Hero's. That could explain some things (and also put her on a path towards that boat ramp)

Last edited:
I brought this location up in thread 1 after JDT had posted about her phone or car pinging there (since corrected to the last ping being Shell). I am still wondering if that parking ramp has been searched for the car (or any ramps downtown) but figure by now a car sitting there this long would have been towed or noticed. I "walked" those few blocks and feel the only way she could have driven off was if she was extremely intoxicated and ran the light at Water St. and had enough speed to go over the misc. debris and obstacles along the waterfront. If the car went into the river there, IMO she didn't do it.
I agree this could have been some weird accident. But lets not forget she was supposed to be driving to Ollies, not to the Shell, according to her friends. With all this time to think about this case, I have actually wondered whether she was actually on her way downtown to pick up RC at Hero's. That could explain some things (and also put her on a path towards that boat ramp)
I
I wasnt saying I thought the car was in a parking lot or garage because yes like you said it would have been towed by now. I was just saying this is an easy access for someone to drive a car off and make it disappear if they wanted. I'm not saying I think she drove the car off. I'm just making suggestions since basically everything else has been a dead end. Yes supposedly she was going to Ollie's but obviously she didnt make it. I was just stating her last ping supposedly was at shell

I

I wasnt saying I thought the car was in a parking lot or garage because yes like you said it would have been towed by now. I was just saying this is an easy access for someone to drive a car off and make it disappear if they wanted. I'm not saying I think she drove the car off. I'm just making suggestions since basically everything else has been a dead end. Yes supposedly she was going to Ollie's but obviously she didnt make it. I was just stating her last ping supposedly was at shell
V4rvWF9.jpg

A-Dublin's
B is the shell
The pin all the way to the East is Hero's where the night began with RC. Just past that to the East at the end of the street is the ramp.

And yes could have easily been headed toward dauphin st. Dozens of bars withing 1/4 mile from ramp

I

It's all good! It was an excellent suggestion and reminder. My response was to no one in particular and mainly musing over thoughts I have around that spot myself.

Why were DW and DV heading south on 90 if they were to meet RC at Ollies?

What if they were heading to Hero's, not Ollie's, to pick up RC (or there was no Ollies in the plan?)

DW may have needed to return his rental, then ride with Danni.

What if they were heading to DW's?

What if Danni thought she left her phone at Hero's, not Dublin's, so turned for downtown and disappeared from there?

Have the parking ramps around Hero's and the convention center been checked?

Could Danni have split from DW to stop by her apartment and met with foul play there? Does her building have cameras and when was she last verified as being there?

ˆ^these are the things I'm thinking about currently. I am very glad the TT thing has been put to bed.

It's all good! It was an excellent suggestion and reminder. My response was to no one in particular and mainly musing over thoughts I have around that spot myself.

Why were DW and DV heading south on 90 if they were to meet RC at Ollies?

What if they were heading to Hero's, not Ollie's, to pick up RC (or there was no Ollies in the plan?)

DW may have needed to return his rental, then ride with Danni.

What if they were heading to DW's?

What if Danni thought she left her phone at Hero's, not Dublin's, so turned for downtown and disappeared from there?

Have the parking ramps around Hero's and the convention center been checked?

Could Danni have split from DW to stop by her apartment and met with foul play there? Does her building have cameras and when was she last verified as being there?

ˆ^these are the things I'm thinking about currently. I am very glad the TT thing has been put to bed.

My understanding is RC worked at the Heroes on Hillcrest near Dublins/Ollies. Not the one downtown. That would definitely change things if he were in a different location.

V4rvWF9.jpg

A-Dublin's
B is the shell

According to police:

"Danniella was last seen Tuesday, July 17, 2018 in the 3500 block of Government Blvd. wearing a dark-colored Mellow Mushroom shirt, a light-colored hat, and black legging style pants with a light-colored shirt tied around her waist. She was occupying a 2014 Chevrolet Cruz with a Pearl Motors paper tag."​

: Mobile Police Department

I'm curious how a ping at another location relates to what police know about the last location of Danni and her car.

My understanding is RC worked at the Heroes on Hillcrest near Dublins/Ollies. Not the one downtown. That would definitely change things if he were in a different location.

It makes a huge difference! Hopefully someone can confirm. Dauphin St. could have still been a destination for other reasons.

According to police:

"Danniella was last seen Tuesday, July 17, 2018 in the 3500 block of Government Blvd. wearing a dark-colored Mellow Mushroom shirt, a light-colored hat, and black legging style pants with a light-colored shirt tied around her waist. She was occupying a 2014 Chevrolet Cruz with a Pearl Motors paper tag."​

: Mobile Police Department

I'm curious how a ping at another location relates to what police know about the last location of Danni and her car.

My guess is that ping was from another time, or JDT just had incorrect info. That is my hope anyway.

If DV was heading south with DW, there are water possibilities, but they would still take some explaining.

I still want to understand more about DV's living situation and relationship, not because I suspect TT, but because there are potentially some aggravating factors in her life that could have been driving her behaviour or choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff