Australia Australia - Trudie Adams, 18, Avalon, NSW, 24 June 1978

have only gotten up to speed on this 24 hours ago.
I am glad that 'anderson' is dead.
I am glad that he died in jail....might not have seen justice for most of his crimes but he wasn't free....and that is the best we can have.

his behaviour at the inquest was chilling.
he thought it funny tying up a man making him dress in womens underwear and making him perform sexual acts on another man.
they should have taken him to task on that.

RAPE is RAPE .
being openly comfortable and laughing about it all :oops: just revolting.

sounds pretty slam dunk to me he's the man at the heart of it all.
yet again the mona vale police department dropped the ball.

'someone told me his solicitor said leave him alone.'
what a cop out.:(

jmo

have only gotten up to speed on this 24 hours ago.
I am glad that 'anderson' is dead.
I am glad that he died in jail....might not have seen justice for most of his crimes but he wasn't free....and that is the best we can have.

his behaviour at the inquest was chilling.
he thought it funny tying up a man making him dress in womens underwear and making him perform sexual acts on another man.
they should have taken him to task on that.

RAPE is RAPE .
being openly comfortable and laughing about it all :oops: just revolting.

sounds pretty slam dunk to me he's the man at the heart of it all.
yet again the mona vale police department dropped the ball.

'someone told me his solicitor said leave him alone.'
what a cop out.:(

jmo

When I heard the podcast I thought they might have mistaken who died because Raymond Johnson who was the possible accomplice/co-murderer also died in prison. I was surprised to hear it in the podcast. There was never any reporting of his death in the newspapers from what I could see prior to this year when he died in 2013.

Upon searching a news database I came up with another possible murder of Tween/Johnson -
"Ante "Tony'' Yelavich"
Gang may have been behind four murders

A recent article from the dailymail. I love the summaries they give.

Trudie Adams taken by serial rapist? 14 womenhad eyes taped shut before attack in same bushland | Daily Mail Online

from your link above drt

The brief is potentially explosive, given Anderson was a long-term law enforcement informant who was friends with a former law enforcement officer who cannot be named for legal reasons.

I haven't delved into the informant stuff yet.....
it really upsets me the corruption road....I have to be in a very zen starting place :mad: but you can smell the picture stinks without even looking!o_O

this guy was an alleged notorious serial killer/rapist. evidence damning......
again off limits thanks to the 1970's and 1980's northern beaches police department.

jmo

yeah
daily mail online are excellent always have that little bit more and usually on point :)

from your link above drt

The brief is potentially explosive, given Anderson was a long-term law enforcement informant who was friends with a former law enforcement officer who cannot be named for legal reasons.

I haven't delved into the informant stuff yet.....
it really upsets me the corruption road....I have to be in a very zen starting place :mad: but you can smell the picture stinks without even looking!o_O

this guy was an alleged notorious serial killer/rapist. evidence damning......
again off limits thanks to the 1970's and 1980's northern beaches police department.

jmo
I can't see this podcast revealing much more information then sleuthers here have already found but I hope it does. The Barrenjoey Road episode last night I think was the first few podcasts. Seeing the surroundings was good. The hole that had been dug 40 years later. It is a reflection of the things that happened in that area at the time.

Barrenjoey Road

Attachments

• Barrenjoey grave.GIF
    Barrenjoey grave.GIF
    187.3 KB · Views: 2
where was standen stationed when lynette dawson went missing ?
and...
how on earth did a man of this calibre become NSW Crime Commission assistant director :eek:

how did tween go about changing his name to anderson?

there are so many disgraceful cases in australia .

really glad that the nsw police commissioner has openly condemned previous wrongs and is trying to clean out the cobwebs.
but its all too late for so many of these independent individual rape/homicide and abuse cases lost along the way to protect what????
god its such a travesty.

jmo

where was standen stationed when lynette dawson went missing ?
and...
how on earth did a man of this calibre become NSW Crime Commission assistant director :eek:

how did tween go about changing his name to anderson?

there are so many disgraceful cases in australia .

really glad that the nsw police commissioner has openly condemned previous wrongs and is trying to clean out the cobwebs.
but its all too late for so many of these independent individual rape/homicide and abuse cases lost along the way to protect what????
god its such a travesty.

jmo

From what I can see he was AFP and the Narcotics Bureau before that.

A long history of police corruption

Not sure how he changed his name only that he did.

Reading the articles about Tween's drug deals just show how much of a criminal mastermind he was.

From what I can see he was AFP and the Narcotics Bureau before that.

A long history of police corruption

Not sure how he changed his name only that he did.

Reading the articles about Tween's drug deals just show how much of a criminal mastermind he was.

drt your digging is the best thank you

its kinda no wonder nothing much got done in the 70s and 80s investigative work.....the police departments were far too bogged down in corruption and keeping themselves out of jail it would seem.

bit like the sex with students teachers prerogative at the time.

we always look back and think about how good and simple life was back in the old days.....but were they really??

no wonder public servants in the 90s were the butt of all jokes.
I get it now.
things have come along way and are 100% improved but we see places like the department of prosecutions who still think themselves unaccountable to the community they serve...so still a way to go.(unrelated to this case)

jmo

Neville Tween is a really good suspect. It is a pity that there is not DNA evidence from the 14 rape victims to match him.
The suspect died in 2013 I believe so even if there was DNA there would be no trial. His suspected accomplice died before the 2011 inquest.

Mark Standen had close ties with Trudie Adams murder suspect, jail letters show

According to former senior Crime Commission investigator Mark Standen, arrested in 2008 for attempting to import 300 kilograms of pseudoephedrine, the dogs started it all, started the extraordinarily close relationship between himself and convicted drug-importer, sex offender and murder and rape suspect Neville Tween.

f0df43d3177c642e8b85adeece675c6e618a92c0

Mark Standen, a former assistant director of the NSW Crime Commission is led from the Supreme Court after being found guilty of drug-related charges. Credit:Wolter Peeters

Tween, who died in jail in 2013, is the prime suspect in the death of 18-year-old Trudie Adams, who was last seen getting into a panel van on Barrenjoey Road outside Newport Surf Club in June 1978.

Tween, also known as John Anderson (one of many aliases), is also the chief suspect in a series of 14 vicious rapes on Sydney's northern beaches in the years leading up to Ms Adams' disappearance.

Advertisement
cc4b7db88d9d094b01cd7d71b5084e2329084204

Trudie Adams ... went missing in the northern beaches in 1978.

But Standen says he did not know any of that when he moved into a house nearby Tween/Anderson on the NSW Central Coast sometime around 1991.

Standen has always maintained his innocence in relation to the drug importation. While he gave evidence at his trial, he has never previously spoken to the media, until now.

Earlier this year, after the ABC started investigating the almost certain murder of Ms Adams, we decided to write to him in prison.

We have been told Tween/Anderson was an informant to Standen, probably from the early '90s. It's believed he was officially registered as an informant in 1994.

‘New information that could reveal the location of the remains of missing Sydney teenager Trudie Adams has been uncovered in an ABC investigation.

The Barrenjoey Road investigative team has been told the 18-year-old's remains could have been disposed of in a waterway near Christmas Tree Hill at Cottage Point, in Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Park.’

‘The information discovered by the ABC has been provided by a former law enforcement source.

According to this source, a known underworld figure on Sydney's northern beaches called Guido suggested that Adams' body was disposed of at Christmas Tree Hill.

The ABC understands this location was not included in the extensive search for Adams' body in 1978.’

Trudie Adams: Unravel podcast, ABC doco reveals new lead on possible location of body - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

‘New information that could reveal the location of the remains of missing Sydney teenager Trudie Adams has been uncovered in an ABC investigation.
Trudie Adams: Unravel podcast, ABC doco reveals new lead on possible location of body - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

This really amazed: "The Barrenjoey Road team understands that Guido, who is now dead, worked at a Brookvale smash repairs shop in Sydney's north and was also known to dispose of dead bodies."

He was known to dispose bodies? And he was not on jail?

This really amazed: "The Barrenjoey Road team understands that Guido, who is now dead, worked at a Brookvale smash repairs shop in Sydney's north and was also known to dispose of dead bodies."

He was known to dispose bodies? And he was not on jail?

‘Known to have disposed of’ and police having evidence of Guido disposing of ‘dead bodies’ are two different things, I s’pose.

Reactions: DRT

The Barrenjoey Road investigative team has been told the 18-year-old's remains could have been disposed of in a waterway near Christmas Tree Hill at Cottage Point, in Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Park.’

‘The information discovered by the ABC has been provided by a former law enforcement source.

According to this source, a known underworld figure on Sydney's northern beaches called Guido suggested that Adams' body was disposed of at Christmas Tree Hill.

The ABC understands this location was not included in the extensive search for Adams' body in 1978.’

I can't see why Tween needed someone else to dispose of a body for him. He had a car, he had an accomplice. I must be missing something.

Nov 19 2018
‘Unholy’ clues behind infamous cold case
"Despite four police investigations over four decades and intense media interest into the sudden and mysterious disappearance Northern Beaches teen Trudie Adams — we are still none the wiser as to what happened to her on June 25, 1978.

It was that night she went to a party at the Newport Surf Lifesaving Club, asking her mum, Connie, to stay up for her. But the 18-year-old never came home.

After an argument with her ex-boyfriend, Steven Norris, she planned to hitchhike home — which wasn’t uncommon in the area at the time and it was only a five-minute trip to her parent’s house.

bf311ca73ec4dd24744e0785f166166f

Trudie Adams, of Avalon, went missing in August 1978. Picture: ABCSource:Supplied

Just after midnight Mr Norris saw her get into a car on Barrenjoey Road and nobody ever saw her again. Mr Norris is not suspected of any involvement in Adams’ disappearance.

The hunt for her was the largest manhunt in NSW history at the time, but her body was never found and missing persons file remains open to this day.

More than 40 years later, the strange case has been thrust back into the spotlight.

Serious questions about the original police investigation, a disturbing series of violent rapes in the same area and alleged police corruption have been asked by award-winning ABC journalist Ruby Jones and investigative reporter Neil Mercer.

This week, the final part of their incredible true crime three-part miniseries into the suspected murder, Barrenjoey Road, hit screens and it revealed a sordid underbelly of the idyllic beach communities in Sydney’s north."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back