Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amber Alert: Tip line set up for abducted Lumberton 13-year-old

The FBI said Monday night that investigators are following up on about 50 leads.

Police said the eighth-grader had taken her aunt's keys to start the vehicle to prepare to leave for the bus stop.

Witnesses said the man had a yellow bandanna over his face, so they did not get a good look at him.

They said he grabbed Hania and forced her into a stolen green 2002 Ford Expedition with South Carolina tag NWS984.

Also, the FBI said, the paint on the hood of the vehicle is peeling and there is a Clemson sticker on the rear window

If he drove out of the trailer park in the stolen vehicle, how did he get TO the trailer park??

jmo

Replying to my own question :) ...

Since it was early morning, I'm wondering if he was staying overnight at someone's place in the trailer park. Rolled out of bed and was going on his way when he saw a running car and grabbed the opportunity. That doesn't explain the bandana, but maybe he always has one handy? That scenario doesn't quite work.

I wonder if LE learned anything going door-to-door last night....did anyone have an overnight visitor? Was this guy seen in the trailer park before grabbing Hania and the car?

Did he wander in from elsewhere? If so, why? To carjack a vehicle while people are leaving for work and Hania just happened to be something extra he took? Or was Hania the target?

The timing is what is peculiar. There was only a small window of time when Hania would be alone and the vehicle available.

Thinking aloud, jmo.

Replying to my own question :) ...

Since it was early morning, I'm wondering if he was staying overnight at someone's place in the trailer park. Rolled out of bed and was going on his way when he saw a running car and grabbed the opportunity. That doesn't explain the bandana, but maybe he always has one handy? That scenario doesn't quite work.

I wonder if LE learned anything going door-to-door last night....did anyone have an overnight visitor? Was this guy seen in the trailer park before grabbing Hania and the car?

Did he wander in from elsewhere? If so, why? To carjack a vehicle while people are leaving for work and Hania just happened to be something extra he took? Or was Hania the target?

The timing is what is peculiar. There was only a small window of time when Hania would be alone and the vehicle available.

Thinking aloud, jmo.
I think he had been watching Hania, getting to know her routine. The tight timeframe leads me to believe that. MOO

Seems that way, but did she start up the car alone every morning? Her aunt never came out with her at the same time? Just seems sooooo specific (or completely random).

jmo
I’d like to know this, too. If this was part of her routine, it would be easy to see that she is out there alone, Mon-Fri because of school being in session. MOO

I think it's possible he had his own vehicle waiting nearby. It's pretty clear this was likely premeditated. Given the location it's highly unlikely he just happened upon the situation and took advantage of it.

However, anything is possible. It would help to know if this was a routine for Hania to go out and start the vehicle each morning, to be at her Aunt's each morning.

If it was routine, it's more likely that this was planned in advance. If this was out of the ordinary then we would have to consider that it was just the perfect storm of events.

If it was planned I think it'll be harder to find her than if it was spur of the moment.
I'm sure her SM accounts are being checked. It's possible she communicated to someone, or just generally, that she waits for the bus this way. In that case it could be a combo of pre-planned without physical stalking. jmo

Or they're already out of range of where the alert was distributed. They could be in New England or Florida by now on I-95--it's about 12-13 hours to Boston from Lumberton.
Would it depend on the motivation behind the abduction? If the abductor wanted her for himself personally, they could be anywhere, even in a local (his) home. If it's trafficking, then which route would best serve that purpose?

Took a look at the trailer park/surrounding area on Google Earth. There are a lot of businesses on East Elizabethtown Rd. I am confident that LE will have a lot of surveillance footage of the vehicle Hania was kidnapped in, assuming the perp stayed on that road for awhile. MOO

Are there any kind of toll booths in that area? Did she have a cell phone that could be pinged?
These are the toll booths for NC, but not sure how close to the trailer park, though. I need to check:

North Carolina toll roads. The Triangle Expressway is the toll roads in North Carolina. The Triangle Expressway consists of two parts: The Triangle Parkwayand the Western Wake Freeway. The Triangle Parkway extends from NC 147 in Durham County to NC 540 in Morrisville in Wake County.

Are there any kind of toll booths in that area? Did she have a cell phone that could be pinged?
If travel was north on 95, yes, there would be tolls. Not until Delaware though, I believe. South, only if they continued on Florida Turnpike. Many tolls to cross area bridges if going east. Good possibility for sure.

Claudia Rupcich on Twitter | 5:58 AM (EST) - 6 Nov 2018 from Lumberton, NC

Lumberton police are still an entrance of mobile home park where 13-yo Hania Aguilar was last seen. Officers are questioning drivers, keeping track of who comes in and out. I'll have the latest on the search for the missing girl on @WRAL News at 6. #wral

DrUH5rdXcAE5o2c.jpg DrUH5rdWwAAVi1s.jpg

HLN on Twitter | 6:16 AM (EST) - 6 Nov 2018

AMBER ALERT: 13-year-old Hania Aguilar abducted in front of her home in Lumberton, North Carolina before school. @WRAL: https://www.wral.com/man-in-green-suv-with-peeling-paint-clemson-sticker-took-13-year-old-girl/17970889/ …

(*video at link)

Claudia Rupcich on Twitter | 8:40 AM (EST) - 6 Nov 2018 from Lumberton, NC

FBI agents --with the help of Highway Patrol--conducted a road block near the mobile home park where Hania Aguilar was last seen in Lumberton. Agents talked to all drivers to see if they had any information about her abduction. @WRAL #wral

DrUtA5mXcAYZN-a.jpg

FOX 46 Charlotte on Twitter | 9:00 AM (EST) - 6 Nov 2018

KEEP HER FACE OUT THERE: The FBI has joined the search for a 13-year-old girl reportedly kidnapped from a Lumberton, North Carolina mobile home park. #AMBERAlert #HaniaAguilar http://bit.ly/2zAfkLp

DrUxZpjWoAA6yxv.jpg

Anyone fluent in Spanish? Mine is terribly rusty... Found 2 news' clips about this in Spanish with interview pieces, including with her aunt :(

Here are the links, not allowing me to embed them...

#1 - 40 Noticias: Jorge Macias

#2 - Telemundo en Charlotte: Sylvia Oben

Here's another video (in Spanish) -- during which the same reporter Sylvia Oben for Telemundo Charlotte speaks with an aunt of HNA:
Also adding this article by the Fayette Observer, which quotes the same aunt:

Lumberton mobile home residents concerned, scared after girl's kidnapping
One of the vehicles leaving the park was occupied by [EB], an aunt of [HNA's]. Speaking through a translator, she said, “The family feels devastated. She’s a good girl.”

[EB] said she saw [HNA] on Sunday night.

“In the morning, she went out to turn on the truck to heat it up,” [EB] said through the translator. “In that time is when the man kidnapped her.”

(*names replaced with initials by me)

He must have shoved her in through the drivers side...otherwise she could get out while he ran around the car to get in the drivers seat. Unless she knew this was planned and trusted him somewhat. I was not too much older then Hanio, when my friends thought it would be a great idea to kidnap me from my parents house...just for something fun to do. They had to carry me to the car, fighting all the way. They shoved me in the back seat but soon had to remove the blindfold as I struggled like crazy, and jumped part way over the seat to grab the steering wheel. I think I was 17...and traumatized for a long time. Please let this have a good ending and ASAP

He must have shoved her in through the drivers side...otherwise she could get out while he ran around the car to get in the drivers seat. Unless she knew this was planned and trusted him somewhat. I was not too much older then Hanio, when my friends thought it would be a great idea to kidnap me from my parents house...just for something fun to do. They had to carry me to the car, fighting all the way. They shoved me in the back seat but soon had to remove the blindfold as I struggled like crazy, and jumped part way over the seat to grab the steering wheel. I think I was 17...and traumatized for a long time. Please let this have a good ending and ASAP
I agree. He must have waited until she started the car and as she was getting back out, he shoved her back in. If he was only carjacking, you'd think he'd have waited until Hania was out of the way and just take the car. I've been hoping that maybe he dropped her off somewhere, that he wasn't actually trying to get her, but just the car. If that were the case though, you'd think she'd be found by now :( MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member