Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering why the need to “warm up” the car, hadn’t been cold there - 55/60 at 7am would not need heater on in the car?

And the vehicle belonged to the aunt that I guess was visiting from Summerville SC?
Or did it belong to someone else and they wanted it back?

The vehicle belonged to a relative, although AFAIK it has not been reported yet which relative it was registered to.

As for the need to start the car, perhaps it wasn't in the best shape, and perhaps HNA thought that turning it on prior to leaving would be beneficial for a reason like that. To ensure they left for school on time. Just a guess. That, coupled with the idea that maybe she just liked to start the vehicle. Jmo

AMBER Alert still in effect for Lumberton teen kidnapped from front yard Monday
The man forced Aguilar into a green 2002 Ford Expedition registered to Velasquez Hernandez of Summerville, South Carolina. Aguilar was waiting for a ride to school when the incident happened. Officials said the SUV belongs to a relative of the teen.

Police say the kidnapping occurred between lots 38 and 39 in the Rosewood Mobile Home Park. The green 2002 Ford Expedition was last seen leaving the mobile home park turning left onto Elizabethtown Road.

The vehicle has a South Carolina license plate NWS-984. The paint on the hood is peeling and there is a Clemson sticker on the rear window, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Aguilar had the keys and started the SUV so that a family member could take her to school.

(bbm)

Older SUV (16 years old) that needs to be warmed up with peeling paint - something a thief would want? Perhaps the young girl was the target not the vehicle.

Someone knew she would be there and was dressed to steal her and vehicle.

Yellow bandanna is an bright choice.

Maybe he has a place nearby and a garage, etc., to stash the car. If he is smart (who knoze?), he won't be driving that car after the initial getaway. Positive thoughts are tuff to maintain with what we have all seen on cases like this. Maybe this time she will break the bad string of events like this.

In her front yard.
In the daylight.
In front of her home.
A 13-year-old.
Just dammit.

So scared for this beauitiful girl. At times like this I just keep repeating in my mind one name... Midsi Sanchez.

Girl, 8, Escapes From Abductor

https://www.midsisanchez.com/

Last edited:
5822172-6357511-The_FBI_has_joined_the_search_for_13_year_old_Hania_Noelia_Aguil-a-3_1541517579339.jpg

6 November 2018
  • Hania Noelia Aguilar went missing before school on Monday in Lumberton
  • A witness told police they saw a man force her into a green Ford Expedition with South Carolina license plates NWS 984 before driving off
  • Investigators are following nearly 50 leads Hania's disappearance, which is being treated as a stranger abduction
  • Hania was last seen wearing a blue shirt with flowers and blue jeans
  • The alleged abductor was wearing all black with a yellow bandana over his face
An FBI release says investigators are following nearly 50 leads Hania's disappearance, which is being treated as a stranger abduction.

The state Bureau of Investigation, state Highway Patrol and others are expected to join the search Tuesday.
5837758-6357511-image-m-9_1541517837372.jpg

5837778-6357511-image-m-11_1541518019897.jpg

5837762-6357511-image-a-5_1541517768643.jpg

A witness saw a man force Hania into a green Ford Expedition like the one pictured with South Carolina license plates NWS 984 before driving off

FBI joins hunt for girl, 13, kidnapped from outside her home in North Carolina trailer park | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I didn't think it was simply a carjacking :( Was just hoping that there was a slim possibility he'd drop her off somewhere, unharmed.
So what are the chances he'd travel the highway as opposed to back roads, where they'd be unseen? MOO
Possible perp would use highway to start with since that's usually the most direct route from point A to point B (wherever point B was for him) however after a while if he had any brains he'd have to travel back roads because in the span of five minutes you abduct a teenager and steal a car you have to know LE is coming heavy for you. However, this abduction seemed so coordinated that it's very possible perp had an exit route/strategy already planned and like some have suggested, may have ditched the stolen vehicle for a different one to avoid detection.

I absolutely hope that she was dropped off somewhere and suggested earlier this may be part of a familial strife or conflict which would be best case at this point because that would mean far less of a chance she was harmed. Worst case is perp is a sex offender and took Hania for the 'usual' reasons which I pray is not the case because we know how those end. :(

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I must have missed where LE said she did it all on her own without asking an adult. Can you tell me where you read this info?
I don’t really see a 13 year old starting a car as that big of a crime. It isn’t like she was driving herself to school.
I am also not sure who observed her being taken, but I would assume that if they did not try to intervene, perhaps it was a child.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must have missed where LE said she did it all on her own without asking an adult. Can you tell me where you read this info?
I don’t really see a 13 year old starting a car as that big of a crime. It isn’t like she was driving herself to school.
I am also not sure who observed her being taken, but I would assume that if they did not try to intervene, perhaps it was a child.
Hania "grabbed" .....so "she""" thats implys she was given them and told?

Tip line established amid desperate search for abducted 13-year-old girl

Hania grabbed her aunt's keys so she could turn on the car ahead of going to the bus stop for school when a family member saw a man dressed in all black with a yellow bandanna over his face approach the teen and force her into the car, police said.

Hania "grabbed" .....so "she""" thats implys she was given them and told?

Tip line established amid desperate search for abducted 13-year-old girl

Hania grabbed her aunt's keys so she could turn on the car ahead of going to the bus stop for school when a family member saw a man dressed in all black with a yellow bandanna over his face approach the teen and force her into the car, police said.

It doesn’t say that she hadn’t been told to or asked to start the car. Grabbed could simply just mean picked up! I’m sure if she ‘grabbed’ the keys out her aunts hands when she wasn’t allowed to, she would have been stopped and the aunt would of gone after her to take them back! IMO

ETA they also know why she took the keys so that suggests to me that it was allowed.

Search enters second day for 13-year-old NC girl abducted from front yard
“Witnesses can‘t describe the suspect other than he had a yellow bandana over his face. After grabbing the child, he forced her into the Green Ford Expedition and stole it and drove away,” police said, according to WPDE.

Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill said in a news conference Monday that a man dressed in all black with a yellow bandana abducted the girl.

The FBI said Tuesday that it was a neighbor who called 911 at 6:54 a.m. to report the kidnapping after a relative of Hania’s ran to the neighbor to get help.

The caller was speaking Spanish, and dispatchers brought a translator into the call, the FBI said. Lumberton police were notified four minutes later.

McNeill said the car was stolen from the scene and belonged to one of the Aguilar’s relatives.

Possible perp would use highway to start with since that's usually the most direct route from point A to point B (wherever point B was for him) however after a while if he had any brains he'd have to travel back roads because in the span of five minutes you abduct a teenager and steal a car you have to know LE is coming heavy for you. However, this abduction seemed so coordinated that it's very possible perp had an exit route/strategy already planned and like some have suggested, may have ditched the stolen vehicle for a different one to avoid detection.

I absolutely hope that she was dropped off somewhere and suggested earlier this may be part of a familial strife or conflict which would be best case at this point because that would mean far less of a chance she was harmed. Worst case is perp is a sex offender and took Hania for the 'usual' reasons which I pray is not the case because we know how those end. :(
A very "constructive" thought process there. The way I see it is three ways. 1) Least likely this was a crime of opportunity. Saw the opening and jump on the chance seeing a vulnerable girl with means to escape. 2.)More likely this is a known party member either family acquaintance or someone with a vindictive motive. And 3.) My belief as this was a planned event to a degree. I have noted they had/have a close neighbor that's a child predator that lived near them for a decade till his where abouts became unknown to LE. He failed to register and has a warrant out for his arrest since 2014. I spoke to LE and they know. Also, not to paint a broad brush but googling "Mobile home park abductions" you can see the frequency these occur, coupled with the reviews online i've seen about this specific park. Im not sure if there was another plan if she didn't come out alone or if other kids/families would be exiting their homes for the same purpose. But, when I see this level of risk and possible detection taken, it always sticks out to me as pre planned, whether it was during the weekend preceeding Monday, or for years as an onlooker.

It was a child Tina. There’s an interview with her little sister a few pages back. She saw the man come out of no where. :(

FOX 46 Charlotte

Sister interview shows guy did get her ...sadly.....but I think it stinks in the trailer because if my assumption from what is said LE told " she grabbed the keys to warm up the car so she couldn't even get a ride to school in it and had to take the bus.... but something happens so fast by some guy who whaat , knew she was gonna warm this here car up, no wait was walking by, no wait was watching her pattern........just seem s so very odd to me <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member