AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and I definitely agree that somebody around Barron may know or vaguely suspect someone or something. That's why that recent NY Times article quote jumped out at me. But who out of shame or fear or cultural differences has not come forward yet. But I don't think it's a gang of killer teens in Barron. Nope.

I don't either.

I have tried to read and catch up, been reading for hours. Has her Caretaker ever come forward to plead for her return? Just curious IMHO

I’m saddened that the majority of Thread 19’s discussion (and many, many threads before that) centers around drugs, owing money for drugs, and even drug cartels. Certainly the perp could be looking for prescription medication or money, but the details don’t point to that. LE hasn’t stated that any guns, valuables, medications, etc. were taken from the house. The facts are a double homicide and a child abduction.

I would hate to think that if my husband and myself were murdered and our child taken, that hundreds of people online would speculate that we owed money to a drug cartel.

Let’s try to stay focused on the what we know, what friends and neighbors have said about the family, and be mindful that the victim’s families can read what we say.
The details do point to an area where drug related crime has been LE’s top priority for years. If you fall in a snake pit it’s not unreasonable to think the thing that bit you might have been a snake.

We also can't rule out a woman. Basically anyone capable of handling a gun and firing it more than once is a suspect since we have no information to go on.

I'm interested in why you think we can rule out a female. I haven't given that much thought one way or the other, I'll admit.

I can't believe all the posts suggesting that drugs could be the center of this crime. This seemed to be a squeaky clean family and for them to be attacked personally in this manner I think is unfair. Can't imagine what would happen if a family had a "marginal" lifestyle what people would say about them.
The only way I could even imagine there be any connection to drugs would be if either parent had to discipline employees at work for drug usage or possibly they were made aware of people doing drug transactions and they were targeted in that way. You have to remember this is working in a meat packing plant and some characters there might not live up to the highest standards. Not all, but certainly some. It is not a job for everyone. But I am virtually 100% certain it wasn't for any drug use or unpaid drug bill by anyone in the Closs family. If anything they showed their disapproval for drugs or disciplined someone and that somehow came back against them. And as others have pointed out drug use can be well hidden even to those closest to the victims. I'm just saying until facts come out to the contrary regarding drugs we should try to limit our accusations of drug involvement. Some threads, it seems, drugs were the major theme. MOO

Last edited:
Are we way off of the time frame of mere minutes that Jayme was taken before the police showed up? This short time frame really bothers me. Could DC have regained conciousness long enough to make that 911 call and Jayme had been long gone? It wouldn’t explain the yelling but i’m starting to think she may have been taken well before theat call was made. Just my current thoughts.

We don't know the intent? The OBVIOUS intent was to abduct Jayme!
Based on what little we know, this seems to be the most obvious reason. (Of course, this could change if more information comes to light.) To hijack Mark Fuhrman's reasoning: The perp(s) didn't stop at killing James, so he may not have been the main target. But they also didn't stop at Denise. So, maybe she was not the main target either. At this point, not knowing much, we'd probably be wise not to let our imaginations run wild. :\

I'm interested in why you think we can rule out a female. I haven't given that much thought one way or the other, I'll admit.
I fixed it because I made a typo. I meant to say can't. Any person able to fire a gun multiple times and in the area of Barron is a suspect unless they have proof they were not there when the crime occurred.

I can't believe all the posts suggesting that drugs could be the center of this crime. This seemed to be a squeaky clean family and for them to be attacked personally in this manner I think is unfair. Can't imagine what would happen if a family had a "marginal" lifestyle what people would say about them.
The only way I could even imagine there be any connection to drugs would be if either parent had to discipline employees at work for drug usage or possibly they were made aware of people doing drug transactions and they were targeted in that way. You have to remember this is working in a meat packing plant and some characters there might not live up to the highest standards. Not all, but certainly some. It is not a job for everyone. But I am virtually 100% certain it wasn't for any drug use or unpaid drug bill by anyone in the Closs family. If anything they showed their disapproval for drugs or disciplined someone and that somehow came back against them. MOO

With all due respect, you can't always tell a drug user by their outwards lifestyle. A local preacher's wife just spent 3 1/2 months in drug rehab. Drug abuse is a widespread problem and it's hitting the middle-class, white collar and blue collar homes just as hard as it's hit others in the past. From teens to the elderly, lots of people are affected. You can't just look at a person and be able to tell that they have addiction problems. Some people are very good at hiding it.

With that said, I don't believe the Closses were involved with drugs, but I DO believe that the perp could have been on something. As someone else said earlier, you don't have to be the drug abuser to be victim of a drug-related crime.

I'm with you. I have suggested many theories but it doesn't mean I hold them as truth. I am tired of the immediate dismissive attitudes I have gotten since no one knows anything in this case I don't know how you can be dismissive of possibility.

I agree with you daisy 6441; everything is still on the table, because we know so little.
You have really added a lot to the discussion with your very cogent questions and theories.
It is frustrating for all of us because a young woman's life hangs in the balance.

Seeming facts:
1) Jayme was alive at the end of the double homicide of her parents.
2) Her dog was alive also.

JMO: It "seems" that the rage is projected onto the parents. Not on Jayme though. She "seems" to be protected from that rage.
(And it doesn't have to be DIRECTED PERSONAL RAGE. It could be they just had to be "eliminated". Anything makes sense at this point.)

Seeming facts:
1) challenger was one car involved
2) black suv-type was the other car involved

JMO:
1) male unsub drove the challenger (Male tasked himself to do the shooting before Parents could arm themselves; Thank you SharonNeedles)
2) female unsub drove the black suv-type (Female tasked herself to safely get Jayme out the sliding side doors, and into the black car.)

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear @retiredrickyinCO,

I absolutely agree with this statement of yours:

"The only way I could even imagine there be any connection to drugs would be if either parent had to discipline employees at work for drug usage or possibly they were made aware of people doing drug transactions and they were targeted in that way."

Last edited:
Wow we are on thread #20 and still so little to go on. I just want to say that you guys blow me away with your great memories and details of earlier crimes. Once you type them I remember them, but sure wouldn't otherwise. Almost every one of your posts I nod and say "yes that must be it" and then read the next and change my mind again. First hope is for Jayme to be found alive and well. If not, second hope would be for her family to be able to put her to rest and find resolution. Third hope is that someone goes to trial for this so that we can hear the facts.

Hard to imagine a woman kicking in a door, but I have seen cases of home invasions where females were participants in the crime, so...maybe.
I believe dispatch was advised the door was kicked in, that James had answered the door and this was a possible suicide. Of course we now know that the immediate impression by a LEO can change as the crime scene is evaluated further. I'm wondering if the door was not kicked in, but blown in by gunshot.

I believe dispatch was advised the door was kicked in, that James had answered the door and this was a possible suicide. Of course we now know that the immediate impression by a LEO can change as the crime scene is evaluated further. I'm wondering if the door was not kicked in, but blown in by gunshot.
Could be a shoe print was visible on the door and maybe they only kicked the door but James had it open and was trying to close it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa