Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell your friend she is a true hero. All the abuse I’ve seen about her online is just horrific too. So sorry people are so horrible and she has to go through that. Hopefully it stops now that he has confessed.

I haven't seen it, but take your word for it. I don't understand some people these days, including those who defend CW. What kind of world do we live in, defending heartless killers but attacking innocent witnesses? SMH.

<modsnip - quoted post removed > i was a bit on the fence as i had not had all the information yet and try to be impartial. he pled guilty now i know the truth! the world really sucks sometimes. <modsnip - reference to removed post >

Last edited by a moderator:
If he plans to stick around, he'll have a story to spin and he only has to have one supporter inside to keep him happy. :mad:

That's true, if he can get that one supporter. My understanding is many men in prison have children of their own, and they view baby killers with extreme contempt. If he's allowed to walk in the general prison population, my guess is that someone will have a shiv with CW's name on it.

He was no victim of DV. He pled guilty to all charges and the DV was because murder of an intimate partner is forms of domestic violence and is a sentencing enhancement.
So is it like an equivalent for Shan'ann of the additional charges for the girls of murder of under 12 year old by someone in a position of trust?

I’m thinking part of his reason to plead guilty was to spare his own family the trial. I think the only people he cares about are himself and them. They seem like very private people and just how long it would have been dragged out would keep his family in the spotlight. I don’t think he feels any remorse for killing them though. I think the only reason he cried was because he knew his parents and sister were there, they were crying and now knew what he truely did and they saw what kind of monster he was.

Last edited:
why? i was a bit on the fence as i had not had all the information yet and try to be impartial. he pled guilty now i know the truth! the world really sucks sometimes. <modsnip - reference to removed post >.
Nobody here is gloating, either.
We're just happy that SW's family can have a small iota of peace now that he has confessed and admitted to LYING that SW killed the girls.
I am so relieved that SW's family won't go through trial.
MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a busy night so apologies if this has been asked but maybe @gitana1 can give me a quick answer..... since CW has pleaded guilty to the charges, will the previous court documents, etc that were sealed due to concern how they may impact a jury, now be unsealed and made available to the public? Or is it once they are sealed they stay sealed? TIA.

SW's brother Frankie's first post on 8/16 stated that CW had admitted to killing all
of them. Police documents, according to this report, confirm that.
Chris Watts reaches plea deal to avoid death penalty in deaths of wife, 2 daughters

So he was right all along. Must have changed his tune after talking to his dad.
Then the SW scapegoat idea was born.
I agree, he confessed to all and then changed his mind. I have a feeling he has a problem with making decisions, of course, that's an understatement really. SW was a guiding light and he chose to snuff it out, stupid man! He could have run and been a deadbeat dad, that's the worse he'd have been, and his children alive and well, enjoying life!

If all parties including the Judge knew this was coming, why did they still exclude visual media coverage by calling it a status conference? Who were they trying to appease?
It *was* a status hearing - originally scheduled for later in November.

They moved it up - presumably once they had agreed upon the plea - but it was still down as a status hearing, and that’s what the DA noticed it as when the papers were filed last week. It is *not* uncommon for Pleas to be covered during a status hearing.

Per Colorado law, extended media coverage can only be approved for certain types of proceedings and this was not one of them.

I would greatly appreciate if you would please tell your friend, Nickole Atkinson, she is a hero to me, and I’m sure to many others. I have great admiration for her strength and courage, and the good deed she did for Shanann, Bella, CeCe, and Rzucek Family. If not for Nickole, who knows what would have happened? I hope Nickole is rewarded with karmic blessings for the rest of her life!
This times 10!

Didn't the DA state at the presser that he would be in isolation in regular prison or on death row?
I believe he's been protected even in Jail. Prison Admin will have to isolate CW from general population-- his profile as baby killer will get him killed in there. (Whitey Bulger didn't last 8 hours in GP)! MOO

Agreed. I feel we will get disclosure of almost everything you listed. And stuff we didn't know about.

But I think it's shameful that a profession of guilt wasn't allowed to be recorded. The public has an interest in this case. A baby killer pleading guilty and admitting he was a liar.
Yes, his confession in open court would have helped even up the deal he and his attorney struck with the prosecutors and the Court.
I remember a case here in NC where a second trial was awarded by the Court of Appeals -- A man had been convicted of 1st-Murder of his wife. The defense, prosecutors, and the Court agreed to bump his sentence down to 2nd-murder. The judge had the defendant accept the plea deal in open court and he asked the def. to admit he was guilty of the crime. The convicted killer kind of took a step backward and asked his attorney if he had to admit his guilt, and his atty told him that he did. So he admitted to killing his wife. Now it was on the record. That was a wonderful thing, and it helped her family deal with it a bit better, I think. It also made many of us here on WS feel better about the deal he had just been given.

Allocution in open court on CW's part would have been very sweet indeed.

Last edited:
I would greatly appreciate if you would please tell your friend, Nickole Atkinson, she is a hero to me, and I’m sure to many others. I have great admiration for her strength and courage, and the good deed she did for Shanann, Bella, CeCe, and Rzucek Family. If not for Nickole, who knows what would have happened? I hope Nickole is rewarded with karmic blessings for the rest of her life!
Oh yes! Nicole is one special lady, she didn't back down, CW couldn't send her away with his lies, ultimate hero!

Your question "what right do they [the Watts family] have to dictate conditions"? is completely valid. They don't. But I can live with anything that increased the likelihood CW would plead guilty. I imagine some family members may have discouraged him if it meant they might be seen on camera in a negative light. I was disappointed but I'll get over it.

Oh no. We are going to get a ton of info. The DA seemed intent on talking once the sentencing is finished.

I think it's easier if, while only arguing a certain side, or supporting or making arguments for a certain side, one claims to be undecided. Kind of hedging ones bets.

What right do they have to dictate conditions?

Amen.

Oh! Thanks for clearing that. I only heard a part.

But usually an audio recording. The court reporter transcribes it in their special code and then turns that into an actual transcript.

He was no victim of DV. He pled guilty to all charges and the DV was because murder of an intimate partner is forms of domestic violence and is a sentencing enhancement.

Word sure got out of the courtroom quickly despite there being a no electronic devices order in place. I'm wondering how they managed that. Maybe there were exceptions in place for media reporters, or they turned a blind eye to it.

Oh no. We are going to get a ton of info. The DA seemed intent on talking once the sentencing is finished.

I think it's easier if, while only arguing a certain side, or supporting or making arguments for a certain side, one claims to be undecided. Kind of hedging ones bets.

What right do they have to dictate conditions?

Amen.

Oh! Thanks for clearing that. I only heard a part.

But usually an audio recording. The court reporter transcribes it in their special code and then turns that into an actual transcript.

Thank you gitana1 for the verification! I was almost positive that is what it meant. Thank God it is a sentencing enhancement. I mean i know it doesnt matter if he gets 50 life sentences to serve not concurrently it’s all the same he will die in Prison but it just makes me (and im sure others as well) feel better that he can get as many years possible for these horrible acts! God he is a monster!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle