AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
At one time you thought it was cartels. What changed your mind?

Can you point me to the post where I said this? I've made several posts about how drugs could have been involved (as in the perps were on something at the time), and how I don't think this has anything to do with human trafficking, but I can't recall saying that I thought cartels were involved in this. The only posts where I've mentioned them have been about how this is not how cartels work.

ETA: a glance back over my posts in this forum shows that I have regularly stated that I am not married to any one theory.

Last edited:
I'm missing the connection that DC was the witness? Maybe I need to stop skimming when I read?
She apparently lived in the same building as the suspect. The stabbing occurred at the victim’s building (don’t know if it’s the same one.

There is no indication she witnessed anything, and even if she did, there’s almost no chance of a connection to her murder.

This article in fact, describes a male witness.
Man accused of killing teen in Barron

*** Long Post Alert ***
I had lunch with some LE today (not from WI, not involved or really even aware of this case). We discussed and I tried to get their opinion, specifically something I might have overlooked or incorrectly assumed. Not sure if any of this is relevant, but here are a few of the thoughts that came from the discussion.

Re the Dispatch Log and “possible suicide attempt” comment: Dispatch log should be considered to be notes of the communication at the time, not a full transcript. There’s going to be a lot of radio communication that log does not reflect. Notable that the first unit would advise that they are arriving at the scene and approaching the house. This officer would absolutely not just charge right in even if the door was wide open. It would be standard procedure to advise what can be seen as the officer approaches and evaluate whether it’s safe to approach and enter. That’s probably significant in that it’s unknown to us where the officer was when he observed the “man down” and reported “possible suicide attempt.” At that point, with no real threat assessment, this first officer would likely not enter until backup arrives to clear the house. More info would come in as more officers arrived to access the situation.

A good question that came up: I’ve assumed that since LE is confident that Jayme was present she must have been in bed sleeping (as I would expect a child her age to be at that time on a school night). That may be a bad assumption. I don’t know that she was asleep, I don’t know that she was in her room, I don’t even know that she was home prior to the assault. There’s a whole lot there that I’m assuming. LE almost certainly knows at this point, but I don’t.

I’m also assuming that the assailants arrived via a car pulling into the driveway and the assault in the house began with the first shots, probably the two shots that the neighbors reported hearing. But again, I’m not privy to the details I would need to ascertain that. I can’t rule out that perhaps the assailants were already there. That perhaps they were dropped off near the house and approached on foot. That maybe they were friends of James and they were hanging outside, maybe those shots were just rural folks shooting for any number of reasons before there was any intent to assault. I guess it’s even possible that the assailants arrived with Jayme (or James, or Denise) since I know nothing about where everybody was prior to the assault.

My takeaway: there’s so much about this case that just doesn’t seem to fit any plausible scenario. But that may well be because I’ve made a lot of assumptions - if any of those assumptions are wrong, that changes everything. With that I’m sure LE has a more complete picture than I do. They may not have named a suspect or released any significant details, but maybe my final assumption - that LE is as stumped as I am - is also incorrect.
Excellent post. Thank you.

Well, I am even 'smarter' than you, as am now looking for the green dot that I have never seen, and it didn't appear in my reply, and I am on line.
Perhaps I need to borrow your glasses.:D
Haaa. You must have it set so it doesn’t show you’re online. I don’t see a green dot by your name either.

If these criminals used water to escape, they would be taking huge risks, as posters have stated.

You guys are all so brave.:):):)
I am frightened on a large Cruise Liner, in calm waters.
I can't believe how different we all are.
Instead of kissing the ground like yourself, after that event, I would forever now be chained to land whenever I was near water.
LOL I dreaded going back the next day. Luckily it was an easy trip. I'm not leaning in this direction for this case but if normal everyday people make the trip a smuggler, etc could easily do it.

She apparently lived in the same building as the suspect. The stabbing occurred at the victim’s building (don’t know if it’s the same one.

There is no indication she witnessed anything, and even if she did, there’s almost no chance of a connection to her murder.

This article in fact, describes a male witness.
Thank you!

We don't know if she was a witness or if she was home when the crime occurred. Even if she was, I doubt it has anything to do with this case, as it was almost 20 years ago. Jmo

JMO. Being a potential witness to a murder, that made national news may have relevance to you and your family member(s) being murdered in the future. You are more than welcome to share information you find more useful. :)

JMO. Being a potential witness to a murder, that made national news may have relevance to you and your family member(s) being murdered in the future. You are more than welcome to share information you find more useful. :)
Hi BB71, Can you link the national news source, please? I have seen the one article, but can't find anything else. TIA

IDK, if he got off on an insanity plea, and did no time in prison, maybe not? His sentence was short, but don’t have link handy.

Not saying an 80 yr old sought vengeance by kicking a door in...
If you google his name and have enough info on him to confirm it's him. he may have spent a few years in a mental hospital.

I'm missing the connection that DC was the witness? Maybe I need to stop skimming when I read?

I cannot provide a source here that definitively says she was a witness. You may be able to find one on your own. I did provide 2 sources that link her address at the time which match the location of the brutal, mafia style, in broad daylight killing.

A witness on the scene placed a pillow under the teen’s head.
:rolleyes: Do you think that it was the male witness referenced in the article that did that? ;)

I cannot provide a source here that definitively says she was a witness. You may be able to find one on your own. I did provide 2 sources that link her address at the time which match the location of the brutal, mafia style, in broad daylight killing.

:rolleyes: Do you think that it was the male witness referenced in the article that did that? ;)
This wasn’t a “brutal, mafia style” murder. It was a fight between two coworkers, that escalated to a deadly stabbing.

That’s why he was facing 10 years.

19 YRS AGO DENISE NAIBERG HAUSE CLOSS LIVED IN AN APT BLG IN WI WHERE MURDER OF TEEN TOOK PLACE

in broad daylight

KILLER GOT REDUCED SENTENCE USING INSANITY PLEA.

Was she a witness?

Additional Source: White pages confirms address at time of killing
Dang. Barron has its fair share of negativity, no? Has there been any recent activity with this case? Parole hearing (or was he already out?) I cant find anything else on the case, or him besides similar articles.. Im thinking its a really bad coincidence, myself, but Im not opposed to hearing more. Its possible she also knew this guy at work so was maybe questioned at some point about him either as a neighbor and/or coworker? I do still strongly feel this family was targeted for some reason. Not convinced this could be it, but theres not enough info for me to completely disregard it either. moo. Good research for whatever its worth.

If she was a witness her name would come up on the Wisconsin court website.You could try that. Personally I am not seeing it as a red flag but thats just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member