AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot provide a source here that definitively says she was a witness. You may be able to find one on your own. I did provide 2 sources that link her address at the time which match the location of the brutal, mafia style, in broad daylight killing.

A witness on the scene placed a pillow under the teen’s head.
:rolleyes: Do you think that it was the male witness referenced in the article that did that? ;)
Just saw another poster say the article referred to a he so it couldn't have been her

19 YRS AGO DENISE NAIBERG HAUSE CLOSS LIVED IN AN APT BLG IN WI WHERE MURDER OF TEEN TOOK PLACE

in broad daylight

KILLER GOT REDUCED SENTENCE USING INSANITY PLEA.

Was she a witness?

Man accused of killing teen in Barron

Additional Source: White pages confirms address at time of killing
Well, there is an example of something from the past that raise it's ugly head!!
Not sure if true, but you never know someone's past!
IMO

Bolded for focus

Agree. I think the father and mother were meant to be killed from the beginning. Why? It's going to take some digging, and while it could have implications of something sinister, it could be something in the past they know, have seen, or about which they have first-hand knowledge. As to how and why Jayme became involved, I just don't think she was the target but an after thought.

If she's still alive, how do you deal with a 13 yr old that cannot be seen anywhere for a month? It would be starting to get old and more difficult for the possible captor(s). Could the publicity/billboards be encouraging Jayme's elimination?

It sure seems to me that the culprit(s) is not someone in the community. You can bet LE/FBI have knowledge of everyone and everything around town and the area. Meth is a problem, but, again LE/FBI know who's who in the meth production and distribution. I have widened my horizons to someone out of the area.

It is one thing to know and completely another to have enough evidence for an arrest. Due to that I am still not excluding someone local and known to victims.

4 weeks is nothing in murder investigation.

19 YRS AGO DENISE NAIBERG HAUSE CLOSS LIVED IN AN APT BLG IN WI WHERE MURDER OF TEEN TOOK PLACE

in broad daylight

KILLER GOT REDUCED SENTENCE USING INSANITY PLEA.

Was she a witness?

Man accused of killing teen in Barron

Additional Source: White pages confirms address at time of killing

Interesting, but I'm guessing unrelated.

I cannot provide a source here that definitively says she was a witness. You may be able to find one on your own. I did provide 2 sources that link her address at the time which match the location of the brutal, mafia style, in broad daylight killing.

:rolleyes: Do you think that it was the male witness referenced in the article that did that? ;)
Mafia style? Im not doubting there could be more witnesses than "he" who was interviewed, but to definitely put a partcilar person at the scene is impossible with what info is provided. You seem to have a strong perspective here, but how? All due respect, Im open to hearing about possibilities, but Im not seeing what you see.

Hi BB71, Can you link the national news source, please? I have seen the one article, but can't find anything else. TIA

I haven't found much else either. I'm interested in the trial mostly. I found a denial for petition to release him from mental institution about 2 years after he was charged.

Last edited:
If she was a witness her name would come up on the Wisconsin court website.You could try that. Personally I am not seeing it as a red flag but thats just me.
Not all witnesses report themselves to police, but maybe? That seems dangerous for witness names to be made public, but I guess if they testify, they would need to.

Perhaps it was his relative? Girlfriend?

I finally just caught up on a ton of reading comments and links, and moreso than exhausting, its frustrating that nothing has brought Jayme closer to coming home. I hesitated on the helicopter search. It makes me curious why LE seems concentrated on that particular area and what lead them there to begin with? Heres to hoping this case is resolved soon. Still Praying.

Dang. Barron has its fair share of negativity, no? Has there been any recent activity with this case? Parole hearing (or was he already out?) I cant find anything else on the case, or him besides similar articles.. Im thinking its a really bad coincidence, myself, but Im not opposed to hearing more. Its possible she also knew this guy at work so was maybe questioned at some point about him either as a neighbor and/or coworker? I do still strongly feel this family was targeted for some reason. Not convinced this could be it, but theres not enough info for me to completely disregard it either. moo. Good research for whatever its worth.
He was found "Guilty but Not Guilty Due to Mental Disease/Defect". Was held under a commitment until 2004 followed by a conditional release under the auspices of Lutheran Social Services until 2006. After that he was released. He has apparently been living in Seattle, WA for at least the last 7 years.

Mafia style? Im not doubting there could be more witnesses than "he" who was interviewed, but to definitely put a partcilar person at the scene is impossible with what info is provided. You seem to have a strong perspective here, but how? All due respect, Im open to hearing about possibilities, but Im not seeing what you see.

I remember reading at the time it was really gruesome and unexpected. He was a friend or family member if I remember. The teen was not expecting this at all and greeted him warmly. A lot of trauma to the face. I say mafia style bec it was a “hit” type of killing. In and out. (Actually, it was outside.)

When I came to understand the connection between the two events, it hit me hard.

Why do u doubt there weren’t more witnesses. How would u have anyway to know who was at the scene? He had a lot of roomates. It was an apt building. They were outside. I don’t understand all the naysaying.

Same as in Australia by the sound of it. Our certification was all US issued too

I was very impressed with the professionalism of the training,
Can you point me to the post where I said this? I've made several posts about how drugs could have been involved (as in the perps were on something at the time), and how I don't think this has anything to do with human trafficking, but I can't recall saying that I thought cartels were involved in this. The only posts where I've mentioned them have been about how this is not how cartels work.

ETA: a glance back over my posts in this forum shows that I have regularly stated that I am not married to any one theory.

Your answer to me.

Isaid,
Wouldn’t people from Mexico stand out there? I imagine LE knows the routes and even the distributors

You said:
The cartels don't only employ other Mexicans, they also employ Americans and other "Caucasians". So the short answer is no, they wouldn't necessarily stand out because they are likely to look just like everyone else.

*** Long Post Alert ***
I had lunch with some LE today (not from WI, not involved or really even aware of this case). We discussed and I tried to get their opinion, specifically something I might have overlooked or incorrectly assumed. Not sure if any of this is relevant, but here are a few of the thoughts that came from the discussion.

Re the Dispatch Log and “possible suicide attempt” comment: Dispatch log should be considered to be notes of the communication at the time, not a full transcript. There’s going to be a lot of radio communication that log does not reflect. Notable that the first unit would advise that they are arriving at the scene and approaching the house. This officer would absolutely not just charge right in even if the door was wide open. It would be standard procedure to advise what can be seen as the officer approaches and evaluate whether it’s safe to approach and enter. That’s probably significant in that it’s unknown to us where the officer was when he observed the “man down” and reported “possible suicide attempt.” At that point, with no real threat assessment, this first officer would likely not enter until backup arrives to clear the house. More info would come in as more officers arrived to access the situation.

A good question that came up: I’ve assumed that since LE is confident that Jayme was present she must have been in bed sleeping (as I would expect a child her age to be at that time on a school night). That may be a bad assumption. I don’t know that she was asleep, I don’t know that she was in her room, I don’t even know that she was home prior to the assault. There’s a whole lot there that I’m assuming. LE almost certainly knows at this point, but I don’t.

I’m also assuming that the assailants arrived via a car pulling into the driveway and the assault in the house began with the first shots, probably the two shots that the neighbors reported hearing. But again, I’m not privy to the details I would need to ascertain that. I can’t rule out that perhaps the assailants were already there. That perhaps they were dropped off near the house and approached on foot. That maybe they were friends of James and they were hanging outside, maybe those shots were just rural folks shooting for any number of reasons before there was any intent to assault. I guess it’s even possible that the assailants arrived with Jayme (or James, or Denise) since I know nothing about where everybody was prior to the assault.

My takeaway: there’s so much about this case that just doesn’t seem to fit any plausible scenario. But that may well be because I’ve made a lot of assumptions - if any of those assumptions are wrong, that changes everything. With that I’m sure LE has a more complete picture than I do. They may not have named a suspect or released any significant details, but maybe my final assumption - that LE is as stumped as I am - is also incorrect.

Bumping in case anyone saw your " Long Post Alert " and opted to scroll past because of it. DON'T, it's well worth the read !

Thanks, Needles.

So 20 years ago, two Somali co-workers had a fight.

In the course of that argument, one of them was stabbed to death.

The perpetrator faced a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

Let’s say that he served all 10 years (highly unlikely). Then he would have been released about a decade ago.

His citizenship is unclear, so let’s just assume that he wasn’t deported.

Now, pushing 80 years of age (if he’s still alive), he or someone related to him, suddenly decides to attack the Closs family.

The reason, because Denise may have lived in the same apartment building where the perpetrator killed his victim 20 years ago.

We have no knowledge that she saw anything, much less testified.

He would have been out of prison for atleast a decade, so why now?

We have a motive that lies somewhere between non existent, and extremely weak.

It’s great research, but runs the risk of misdirection.

I’m not touching this topic.

Last edited:
He was found "Guilty but Not Guilty Due to Mental Disease/Defect". Was held under a commitment until 2004 followed by a conditional release under the auspices of Lutheran Social Services until 2006. After that he was released. He has apparently been living in Seattle, WA for at least the last 7 years.
Thank you. How did you find that? Court records? I googled every possible wording I could think of and couldnt find anything. (Im not questioning the validity, just simply how you found it.)
7 years out, with minimal time in after killing someone - Im thinking theres 1% chance for retaliation after almost 20 years. I was thinking if he was still in and and there was a recent hearing regarding the case, witnesses could have been called back. Clearly not the case here.

Thank you. How did you find that? Court records? I googled every possible wording I could think of and couldnt find anything. (Im not questioning the validity, just simply how you found it.)
7 years out, with minimal time in after killing someone - Im thinking theres 1% chance for retaliation after almost 20 years. I was thinking if he was still in and and there was a recent hearing regarding the case, witnesses could have been called back. Clearly not the case here.
His court case is easily found. Just look him up by name.
Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

Hi all,

Since there have been no new developments in a while and the threads have not been as active, we've allowed some discussion about things like gangs, drug cartel, witness protection, etc. Please move on from these topics unless there is some LE/MSM statement in the future to indicate it is relevant to this case.

Thanks,
Whiskers

Hey Whiskers...just to clarify, you're saying that you guys did allow it due to low thread traffic, but you have now decided that it will only be allowed via msm links, correct ? No random gang/cartel/WPP theories. Have I got it ?

I remember reading at the time it was really gruesome and unexpected. He was a friend or family member if I remember. The teen was not expecting this at all and greeted him warmly. A lot of trauma to the face. I say mafia style bec it was a “hit” type of killing. In and out. (Actually, it was outside.)

When I came to understand the connection between the two events, it hit me hard.

Why do u doubt there weren’t more witnesses. How would u have anyway to know who was at the scene? He had a lot of roomates. It was an apt building. They were outside. I don’t understand all the naysaying.
You misread my post, I said Im "not doubting", Im sure there was more than one witness. Naysaying, imho, is lack of evidence that puts DC as a witness or anywhere near that scene. Its interesting for sure, along with the fact that she lived in the building and worked at the same place. But those simple facts, to me, do not in any way add up to a motive for the current case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea