Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big part of me thinks the car is the key. Not that someone wanted the car but someone could use DNV just buying a car as a way to make folks think she got her new car and drove off in the sunset. But it would have to be someone that knew where she was that evening. So because of that maybe random but if it was someone random following her from the Dublin why would they take her car. I would think they would take her and leave the car.

It's quite a coincidence that on the day that Danni bought a car, she vanished after pulling over at the Shell station to search for her missing phone. I agree that the timing would suggest that Danni voluntarily disappeared, and that whomever is responsible had to have personal knowledge about Danni and her plans that evening. If Danni had not forgotten her phone at the Dublin, we probably would not be discussing her disappearance.

I think the key to understanding what happened to Danni lies in means, motive, and opportunity. We know the opportunity was that Danni was alone at the Shell station shortly after 11PM. We don't know the means, but it's possible that a weapon was used.

The motive is the mystery. It's not a carjacking because there's no reason to take Danni if a carjacker wants the car. That leaves abduction where taking the car helps to confuse the investigation.

If the goal was to abduct a 25 year old mom and restaurant employee who is struggling to make ends meet while seeking full custody of her daughter, who benefits from her disappearance?

I have a difficult time viewing DW as anything other than the one person who ensured that Danni's disappearance did not go unnoticed. Had he not held onto Danni's phone and delivered it in person to police, it might have simply vanished. Had Danni not forgotten her phone at the Dublin, her disappearance could easily have gone unreported.

Furthermore, DW's time seems to be accounted for from the 2 minute stop at the Shell station to help Danni search for her phone, to his arrival at the Dublin to look for and find Danni's phone. He waited at the Dublin for Danni and then went to Ollies to look for her. Even though there are mixed reports about whether he was at Ollies, it is consistent with trying to find Danni to give her the phone. He then returned the rental car, which will also be supported by evidence.

DW seems to lack means, motive and opportunity.

If Danni voluntarily disappeared, why is the car that arrived at 11:08 (per CCTV footage) still a mystery? Given that this is a missing person investigation, now is not the time to withhold information and forego the $5000 reward. If the occupant(s) of the car that arrived at 11:08 were not involved in causing Danni's disappearance, they should have come forward.

The fact that a third car arrived at the Shell station at the exact moment that Danni was alone, and that her GPS stopped transmitting during the 16 minutes that the car was there was with Danni, it does seem that the third car was targeting her. It's still possible that it was completely random, but then the motive is in question. Was this a carjacking, or an abduction? Given that it was both, I lean towards not random.
Where did you get information that DW delivered the phone to police?

Or, the video did confirm his story and there was nothing to be gained by showing it? Could LE have been trying to protect his identity? Let’s face it, LE has never publicly provided the name of the last person to see her...

Although police have not named the last person to see Danni (not surprising since the occupants of the third car are a mystery), police have said where she was when she was last seen.

"Danniella was last seen Tuesday, July 17, 2018 in the 3500 block of Government Blvd. wearing ... occupying a 2014 Chevrolet Cruz with a Pearl Motors paper tag."

: Mobile Police Department

"The company where Vian purchased her car confirms the car’s gps pinged at the Dublin and then at the shell gas station on Government and I65 that night."

Candlelight vigil for missing Mobile mom

"Danniella Vian hasn’t been seen since July 17, then on a surveillance tape at the Shell station on Government Boulevard near I-65.

Then, nothing. No GPS, it was turned off. No pings."

Day 11: Mobile mom still missing, few answers

I think the key to understanding what happened to Danni lies in means, motive, and opportunity. We know the opportunity was that Danni was alone at the Shell station shortly after 11PM. We don't know the means, but it's possible that a weapon was used.

The motive is the mystery. It's not a carjacking because there's no reason to take Danni if a carjacker wants the car. That leaves abduction where taking the car helps to confuse the investigation.

If the goal was to abduct a 25 year old mom and restaurant employee who is struggling to make ends meet while seeking full custody of her daughter, who benefits from her disappearance?

To me the #1 (and really the only) motive I see has to do with DNV turning her life around and accomplishing her goals which clearly stated in her own words- having her daughter overnight 80% of the time. That's why I am so focused on only one of my 4 theories I posted about earlier. I realize other things could have happened but there's only one motive I can see and it has everything to do with custody of DNV/TT's daughter.

Post #102 details the timeline, including information about DW delivering the phone toMPD on July 20.
I will go back and look at post 102. Wasn’t aware anyone had spoken with DW to confirm he hand delivered the phone. The only version I heard was that he gave it to JDT and she hand delivered it to LE. There was much discussion about her husband reading text messages while in transit to the police station.

To me the #1 (and really the only) motive I see has to do with DNV turning her life around and accomplishing her goals which clearly stated in her own words- having her daughter overnight 80% of the time. That's why I am so focused on only one of my 4 theories I posted about earlier. I realize other things could have happened but there's only one motive I can see and it has everything to do with custody of DNV/TT's daughter.

When we look at Danni's life, the last year certainly appears to be a time of change with well-defined achievable goals (her June goals list), and the remarkable accomplishment of the goal to buy a car. She had an apartment and planned to walk her daughter to school every day and look after her overnight. That is the only significant change in Danni's life - putting everything in place to obtain custody of her daughter.

We don't know if that is the motive for her disappearance, but no other significant change in her life has surfaced since her disappearance.

If the motive was to steal the car, there are many easier ways to do that - like taking it while she is sleeping in her apartment or at work. If the car was the motive, there's no reason to take the car while she is in it.

I will go back and look at post 102. Wasn’t aware anyone had spoken with DW to confirm he hand delivered the phone. The only version I heard was that he gave it to JDT and she hand delivered it to LE. There was much discussion about her husband reading text messages while in transit to the police station.
And, can someone enlighten me about searching posts by number? Not sure how to go about doing this...

When we look at Danni's life, the last year certainly appears to be a time of change with well-defined achievable goals (her June goals list), and the remarkable accomplishment of the goal to buy a car. She had an apartment and planned to walk her daughter to school every day and look after her overnight. That is the only significant change in Danni's life - putting everything in place to obtain custody of her daughter.

We don't know if that is the motive for her disappearance, but no other significant change in her life has surfaced since her disappearance.

If the motive was to steal the car, there are many easier ways to do that - like taking it while she is sleeping in her apartment or at work. If the car was the motive, there's no reason to take the car while she is in it.
I would say having a baby and giving it up for adoption was a significant change in her life.

And, can someone enlighten me about searching posts by number? Not sure how to go about doing this...
There's normally little comment numbers in the corner when you look on a desktop site, but I don't see them on my phone.

OT I know I know but IMO viewing this website on a computer is WAY better/easier to navigate. I hardly ever get on here on my cell phone because I like the desktop version of the website so much better. Definitely give it a try
I will do that...

A vehicle was stolen from the Mobile SPCA a few weeks ago. MPD located it recently, like this: (see attached image). Wheels, doors, engine - all gone. Car thieves and choppers are definitely alive and well in Mobile. I saw no indication of WHERE it was found. I'd hope MPD also poked around the area to see if DNV's vehicle was there.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1541798936688.jpg
    FB_IMG_1541798936688.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics