Spain - Alan Jeffrey, 25, Scottish tourist, Tenerife, Canary Islands, 10 June 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Alan Jeffrey, 25, was last seen on the holiday island by his girlfriend on 10 June.

He was due to return home to Wishaw with her that day but said he was going to stay on with some friends.

Mr Jeffrey has not been in touch with his family since then and officers fear he may have come to harm.

Mr Jeffrey is white, about 5ft 10in tall, with a stocky build and short, receding brown hair.

_103692283_capture.png

Police search for Scot missing in Tenerife

Desperate hunt for Scot who vanished in Tenerife whilst on holiday with girlfriend

Cops say Alana may have been harmed
Cops are assisting Spanish authorities with the search.

Inspector Keith Campbell said: “Whilst it may seem an unusual move for police in Scotland to be investigating a person missing in Spain, we are liaising with Spanish authorities and Europol with our enquiry. All of Alan’s family, friends and associates are here in Scotland and he was reported missing here.

This is so concerning. It doesn't sound as if he actually met up with the friends so he could be anywhere. I still can't understand the reasons for him extending his holiday. Did he not have a job to get back for?

This is a strange one. I can't imagine going on holiday with my partner and just accepting that he was going to stay on with friends for a bit. Few details in these media releases..... has it been revealed who reported him as missing?

In the link dotr posted above it says his family in Scotland reported him missing to Scottish police.

This is so concerning. It doesn't sound as if he actually met up with the friends so he could be anywhere. I still can't understand the reasons for him extending his holiday. Did he not have a job to get back for?
They don’t talk about his girlfriend much. Did she know who the friends were? Didn’t he have a cell phone like every other person in Europe does? If he was planning on going to Marbella with friends he would have had to fly there. Have his bank accounts been used? Credit cards?

Whereabout on Tenerife did he disappear from?
I'm here now on vacation and it would be helpful to know! I've never been here before but imo it's not your usual holiday island. There are many people living here too and it's big!, my bus from the airport to my hotel took nearly two hours. On the way across the island we passed an area looking very much like that poor place in Rio De Janeiro.
I met some people on the fligth going south, that seems to be the area younger people prefer.
The sky is the blackest and clearest I've ever seen, with stars sprinkled where they should be and so pretty!
I only arrived today and will walk around tomorrow. Where I am the beach sand is black, and there are many hills and cliffs and ups and downs.

Does Alan enjoy nature? Hiking?

I wish there was more information. A part of me feels like this may be a suicide. I don't see any discussion of if he was sad (other than he doesn't often lose touch with his family) but as someone who used to contemplate suicide (I've gotten the proper help and actually don't really feel as though I suffer from depression any longer, just to clear up any concerns with my prior statement)... this sounds like a decent way to do it. Trying to put myself in his shoes "I tried to have one last nice time with my family/girlfriend. My friends aren't too far away and invited me to come along, I'll say I'm going with them and just never go. My daughter/girlfriend won't have to find me dead."

I could be 100% wrong because I'm obviously not him and my thoughts while depressed could be very different. I definitely acknowledge that.

I think the lack of media attention and news also might also lead that direction (although it has been mentioned that there just isn't much evidence). Sadly, I feel as though people who commit suicide are often not those people that get tons of volunteers to go looking for them.

Just want to repeat, this is all just speculation.

Alan, from Lanarkshire, was due to fly back from Tenerife with girlfriend Sarah Rae on June 10 2018, but he decided to go to Marbella with his friends instead.

It was the last time he was heard from.

Police told the Scottish Sun Online that inquiries were still ongoing.

Distraught British girl 'just wants to cuddle her father' one YEAR after he vanished from Marbella - Olive Press News Spain

I read that too, about Marbella, but it is still unclear if he did go there of if he didn't. The Olive Press makes it sound as if he 'Vanished from Marbella' but The Sun sticks to 'vanished inTenerife'.

I read that too, about Marbella, but it is still unclear if he did go there of if he didn't. The Olive Press makes it sound as if he 'Vanished from Marbella' but The Sun sticks to 'vanished inTenerife'.
Agreed! No one has presented any evidence that he actually left the island of Tenerife for Marbella which shouldn’t be hard to do. He either took a flight off the island or took a boat off the island.

Edited to add - why haven’t his friends in Marbella said whether he showed up or not. Who are they?

Googled the guy, all the news were in english, no surprising since i dont think i have ever heard of the case. But aprently another scottish man was extradited to uk to be quized about his disapearance and seems drug related? I dont know how credible the source is but its what it says here: Scots drugs gang suspect to be quizzed over pal who disappeared in Tenerife

We told how fugitive Lindsay was nabbed on a European arrest warrant last month.

He is accused of being part of a mob involved in killings, abductions and armed robbery, as well as drug and weapons trafficking in eight countries spanning Europe, Asia and North America.

BBM

Oops .....

Alan Jeffrey - Police Scotland
Alan-Jeffrey-Spain
Police officers at Lanarkshire Division are continuing enquiries and appealing for information from the public to trace a 25-year-old man.

Alan Jeffrey, who is from Wishaw, was last seen on Sunday 10 June in Tenerife, Spain, whilst on holiday with his girlfriend. He was due to return home with his girlfriend that day however he intimated that he was going to continue his holiday with some friends. His girlfriend then returned home by herself.

Alan's family have had no contact with him since then. The family then reported him missing to Police Scotland on 26 June.

Alan is described as white, around 5ft 9 inches to 5ft 10 inches, of stocky build with short, receding brown hair. There is no description of his clothing that he was wearing when last seen.

Inspector Keith Campbell said, "Whilst it may seem an unusual move for police in Scotland to be investigating a person missing in Spain, we are liaising with Spanish authorities and Europol with our enquiry. All of Alan's family, friends and associates are here in Scotland and he was reported missing here.

"A number of officers have been working on this enquiry for some time, however it has been challenging as we haven't received much information so far, and this is why we are now appealing to the public for their help.

"Given the passage of time and with some of the information we have received, we cannot rule out that some harm may have come to Alan. He may have decided himself not to return home, however it is very unusual for him not to be in touch with his family for such a long period of time. We do know that the he had intimated he was planning to travel to Marbella with some friends however he has not been heard from since. We remain focused on tracing him safe and well.

"If Alan himself is reading this appeal, please get in touch with your family as they are very concerned.

"I would ask anyone who may have information in relation to this enquiry to contact police via 101."

June 5 2019
Distraught British girl 'just wants to cuddle her father' one YEAR after he vanished from Marbella - Olive Press News Spain
"A SCOTTISH father has been missing from Marbella for over a year this week.

It comes as the ex-partner of Alan Jeffrey, 25, urged him to come home to cuddle their four-year-old daughter Savannah.

Kimberley Toner wrote in a post online: “One full year since my girl got to be in her daddy’s arms.

“Never did anyone imagine we would be nearly a year gone and still no news.

“I remember Savannah being so excited to tell her dad she was a big four-year-old and now I’ll soon have a distraught five-year-old who only wants one thing and that’s her daddy home.”

She added: “I’m begging, keep sharing so we have the best hope of finding him.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back