TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The case file question was actually started by a different relative, they were wanting different stuff than Rusty has, but the party/fundraiser/raffle thingy is a Jeff and Rusty production. It is a fb thing but I didn't quote anyone? Did I break a rule?
Refrain from using "F" and "B" together in a sentence. If someone wants to source you, PM, two letters that work well together. The "different relative" will not be provided anything Rusty doesn't have - or he would have it already.

Im so glad it was pointed out that RA was just a child and his story is based on decades of different stories told

yep the fb page has become a $ game. You can buy toy stuffed divers , key chains, planning a bake sale multiple Gofund me's. You can purchase t shirts, long sleeve diver shirts. Heck of a shopping spree can happen there.
I find it really weird how much things cost when everything is supposedly donated
The Teddy-Bear-Divers are priceless! Not true - what are they going for? You know ginger-ale really burns when it shoots out your nose!!! But, I needed a good laugh...SMH all day is making me motion sick.

Refrain from using "F" and "B" together in a sentence. If someone wants to source you, PM, two letters that work well together. The "different relative" will not be provided anything Rusty doesn't have - or he would have it already.

all better now lol

The Teddy-Bear-Divers are priceless! Not true - what are they going for? You know ginger-ale really burns when it shoots out your nose!!! But, I needed a good laugh...SMH all day is making me motion sick.

lol bahahaha

That's why I'd like a list from TXDMV of cars that were registered in 1974, but were not legally transferred in 1975. The title was not transferred (sale), the plates were not renewed (owner still owns), reported stolen, reported as demolished (salvage license). Vin#'s are a car's DNA. Vehicles do disappear - so why can't a list be produced? If Fort Worth is "ground zero" how long could that list be? They did not walk off that parking lot. I feel like a broken record...
I think those dmv records are probably long destroyed. I worked at Florida dmv for 17 years, 1983 to 2000. And I don't think even then we had records from 1974, even on microfiche. And if there was microfiche it would be impossible to recreate the ownership trail. Records that old were not on computer

It was in the 70s that day and Cotton was only 39 years old.
Can't easily tell from those lines if they were truth or lies. What's the night time temp? 39 could be fighting fit, or old before his time. If the guy was 25 then I can't say that.

I think those dmv records are probably long destroyed. I worked at Florida dmv for 17 years, 1983 to 2000. And I don't think even then we had records from 1974, even on microfiche. And if there was microfiche it would be impossible to recreate the ownership trail. Records that old were not on computer
Well, this is Texas. I have been to Austin. The records exist. I have made the contact there. The Army COE still calls on the Tarrant County Sheriff's office to haul off stuff. They have records. In Texas we don't have a square footage problem. When government outgrows a space they just bleed onto the nearest vacant building. It's the FWPD case file that is a vault. The FOIA won't help you. It's not "Federal." If the case were closed, it would be more accessible. But, it's "Open," so it isn't.

I am not an expert, but from personal experience I think the opposite is also true: too little detail. A good liar has control over their lying. When they are challenged on their lie, unexpectedly, they will repeat the lie without making up details that may give them up. MOO..

I completely agree. I'd actually go further; that it's not just a good liar, but an expert or pathological liar that will know how to fly under the radar as you've outlined.

In weighing up the issue of two divergent narratives about the Arnold parents' movements on December 23, it's useful to know what makes a bad, a good and an expert/pathological liar... as both* scenarios can't be truthful.

*speaking to the FL/CA watching the car vs. staying at home inconsistency.

Could you ask Tommy if he knows for certain Cotton was at work all day (never left for a bit or anything) and which shop it was, Arlington or Fort Worth?

Im so glad it was pointed out that RA was just a child and his story is based on decades of different stories told

yep the page has become a $ game. You can buy toy stuffed divers , key chains, planning a bake sale multiple Gofund me's. You can purchase t shirts, long sleeve diver shirts. Heck of a shopping spree can happen there.
I find it really weird how much things cost when everything is supposedly donated

Is that immaterial detail worth the conflict it would create, and the relationships it might damage? The police know where everyone was. It's their investigation. Maybe going-along-to-get-along is what you pick.
Who gives a rip about damaging relationships or creating conflict? We're trying to get at the truth; that should be the only consideration.
-
No one should get a free pass in this case, including family members
-
And how can we know whether details are immaterial when we don't know what those details actually are?

I thought because it is still an open case no one outside of LE could have access to the case files? Who at FWPD is this case assigned to, anyone know?

Could you ask Tommy if he knows for certain Cotton was at work all day (never left for a bit or anything) and which shop it was, Arlington or Fort Worth?

They were at the Arlington shop. TT knows nothing of a 2nd shop.
He has said that CA was at the shop that day doing office work and answering TT's questions all day. I can double check with him on that

This may sound kind of out there, but consider Cotton’s predicament. It’s known he was hard up for cash...The IRS is breathing down his neck, medical bills up the wazoo, etc. Fort Worth had some known organized crime rings, most notoriously City Vending. All that bad stuff on Jacksboro highway. Then consider transmission repair joints all got a bad rap for ripping people off...My father was a mechanic at Mrs. Bairds at the time and fixed cars on the side. He detested tranny repair places. Could Cotton have inadvertently put his family in harm’s way? Take a loan...Screw someone over...Maybe agree to chop stolen cars...Some kind of desperate deal with Ft. Worth organized crime that he couldn’t get out of? Just spitballing here.

This may sound kind of out there, but consider Cotton’s predicament. It’s known he was hard up for cash...The IRS is breathing down his neck, medical bills up the wazoo, etc. Fort Worth had some known organized crime rings, most notoriously City Vending. All that bad stuff on Jacksboro highway. Then consider transmission repair joints all got a bad rap for ripping people off...My father was a mechanic at Mrs. Bairds at the time and fixed cars on the side. He detested tranny repair places. Could Cotton have inadvertently put his family in harm’s way? Take a loan...Screw someone over...Maybe agree to chop stolen cars...Some kind of desperate deal with Ft. Worth organized crime that he couldn’t get out of? Just spitballing here.

I'm with you here. Also... DA taking the letter to her parents vs cops right away... the witness statements all being intercepted by the Arnolds (man visiting FL home, man calling CA at 1am)..

Nevertheless, he lost his battle with cancer that July at 39 years of age. He was very ill on December 23, 1974.
Nevertheless, he lost his battle with cancer that July at 39 years of age. He was very ill on December 23, 1974.

I assume you mean that CA could not have left the house on December 23rd. As we now have word from TT via a couple of people on here that CA picked him up for work that morning and they both were at the shop all day, can you please give us the source you are using that says he was very ill that day?

This tick on the timeline (Rachel stopping to ask mom to go shopping) as far as I know is solely based on Debra’s comments here from 9 years ago. I’ve not seen anything where Fran confirmed that. The statement is suspect.

I disagree. We were raised "Southern" and that "invitation" can be seen as a way of saying "I love you"; "I wish things were different." We cannot possibly know why Rachel asked if her mother wanted to come along. If her mother says she dropped by and invited her to go, just leave it at that. It's a tick on the timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member