Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know all the responsibility for these heinous murders has to rest squarely on CW’s shoulders. But I have to wonder what effect his mother and sister’s dehumanizing comments about SW for years contributed to CW’s ultimately expendable view of SW and his girls with her. They didn’t even attend his own wedding to SW over their hatred of her. Normally, I would not even make this observation, but since his parents think it is fine to point out how everything is SW’s fault and their child was perfect before she came along, I am motivated to put it out there that they may have contributed to their son’s ultimate hatred of and expendable view of SW and what he might have seen as extensions of her, their girls. Just IMO.

I think it absolutely helped him feel justified to have affairs. His parents did not support his marriage or his choice of a wife, so he didn't have to justify to them, that he decided to stray from his vows. They probably applauded his decision.

I don't get it. What if ma/pa do get sm crowd funded or something to get a new !awyer, how can new atty contact cw if cw isn't even communicating with the parents? Can a new atty just go & contact his pds?

You are right. That is quite a serious allegation, that a defense team would destroy mitigating evidence in favor of their client, accused of multiple felony murders. This family better step back and take a deep breath before this backfires big time.
According to the Watts', CW's attorneys...
  • Coerced him into pleading guilty
  • Railroaded him
  • Did not represent his best interests
  • Destroyed evidence
You know I love lists. :)

MOO

I think it absolutely helped him feel justified to have affairs. His parents did not support his marriage or his choice of a wife, so he didn't have to justify to them, that he decided to stray from his vows. They probably applauded his decision.
I was going to say that I doubt the family was aware of it at the time, but he may not have kept it a secret from them. I remember one of the VI's saying that she was aware of it from the beginning.

According to the Watts', CW's attorneys...
  • Coerced him into pleading guilty
  • Railroaded him
  • Did not represent his best interests
  • Destroyed evidence
You know I love lists. :)

MOO
Forbid him to talk to his family! Shut his family down the one time he was allowed to speak with them and the mother questioned the plea!

I always thought maybe they didn’t come out of respect since their son did this and they didn’t want to cause a possible scene, even though I think SW family would have been gracious. However, now I’m definitely rethinking the reason they didn’t come.

I agree with you. My initial feeling was same as yours. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed they were being sensitive and respectful of her family and giving them space to grieve.

But I too, have to rethink that. They didn't attend the wedding or the children's birthdays, so it seems more like it was just part of that same pattern and more disrespect than it was a sign of respect. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member