Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #6

Every time I see a covered body in a crime scene photo, I think of Rebecca and how they left her body uncovered. Such an injustice!

All the evil out there is so depressing, and I am also reminded of such incidents, as your mentioning of 'a covered body', and what you recall.
The Zahau family, for years are having to struggle through this horrid ordeal. I feel so much for them.
Years already, and perhaps many more, for Justice.

Today, I saw a headline, which seemed bad, about a Rescue Dog.
I wouldn't dare read any further, as knowing about the ugliness humans display, is so upsetting for me.
I must put 'my head in the sand', and seek happy endings, in books and movies.

I watched it yesterday and thought they tried a little too hard to be unbiased and glossed over incriminating evidence. They portrayed "the" voicemail as a proven fact, even though we know the content and delivery is questionable. But, as soon as AS(S) opened his mouth, he sounded and appeared to be guilty AF! Maybe the guilt is getting to him because he looks like he's aged 10 years since the trial. Maybe a slight exaggeration, but I thought there was a noticable change in his appearance.
JMO, MOO, etc.

The System Failed Me, Adam Shacknai Told Dateline NBC

Really? IMHO the system failed the other side buddy.

I watched it yesterday and thought they tried a little too hard to be unbiased and glossed over incriminating evidence. They portrayed "the" voicemail as a proven fact, even though we know the content and delivery is questionable. But, as soon as AS(S) opened his mouth, he sounded and appeared to be guilty AF! Maybe the guilt is getting to him because he looks like he's aged 10 years since the trial. Maybe a slight exaggeration, but I thought there was a noticable change in his appearance.
JMO, MOO, etc.

I haven't finished watching it yet, but could tell from the beginning that it was biased in favor of the Shacknai family. The first 10-15 minutes are exclusively devoted to coverage of Maxie's death, interviews with Dina and Adam. Very little mention of RZ. Same old story. Dina's participation proves again that she's not objective in this situation and is still jealous and out to seek revenge against RZ for the failure of her own marriage and the accidental death of MS.

If they're reporting the voicemail as proven fact, that's a sign it's media coverage purchased by Shacknai clan money and influence. How do you report on the murder of an innocent woman by not mentioning that woman?

That AS is out there in the news media trying to portray himself as a victim is depraved and disgusting. These elitist people seem to be of the opinion that rules and laws don't apply to them. Disappointed in Josh Mankiewicz for his reporting on this.

Last edited:
JMO, MOO, etc.

More false information in the reporting:

Max, 6, fell inside the Spreckels mansion on July 11, suffering injuries that would eventually kill him six days later on July 17. Rebecca Zahau was alone with Max inside the Coronado home at the time.

Seems apparent all the time NBC Dateline spent researching the case in Coronado, that they would have made such an obvious error. The false implication NBC is trying to make here is very clear - that RZ was responsible for MS's death and tried to cover it up. Shame on them.

I thought the Dateline episode was excellent, and was glad to see a report on the case that showed Mary Zahau and Attorney Greer for what they are - opportunists that used the horrific tragedy of Rebecca’s suicide to accuse three people and try to make money off of the situation. I thought they did an through and convincing job of comparing the evidence the detectives (with over 200 years of experience between them) found proving it was suicide with the convoluted story that Greer made up out of thin air.

IMO.

The twitter poll on the episode agreed.

Attachments

• 9305FFA7-2E27-4A6C-8607-E55254EC0484.png
    9305FFA7-2E27-4A6C-8607-E55254EC0484.png
    174.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
More false information in the reporting:

Seems apparent all the time NBC Dateline spent researching the case in Coronado, that they would have made such an obvious error. The false implication NBC is trying to make here is very clear - that RZ was responsible for MS's death and tried to cover it up. Shame on them.
Max DID fall inside the Spreklels man. There is nothing false in that statement.

Max DID fall inside the Spreklels man. There is nothing false in that statement.

So sorry you were confused by the excerpt I posted.

I was referring to the reporter saying that RZ was alone in the house with MS when he had his accident. Her younger sister was also in the house at the time of the accident. While neither witnessed the accident, her sister was a witness to RZ's attempts to revive MS. The sister also called 911 while RZ tried to administer CPR.

The fact that NBC Dateline reported the wrong information about all the known persons present in the mansion at the time of MS's accident indicates their research on the case wasn't very thorough. Perhaps NBC Dateline was relying heavily on (inaccurate) information provided to them by the Shacknai family.

JMO, it looks like Dateline accomplished what they set out to do: confuse the viewing public about the murder of RZ by presenting a episode that discussed few actual facts about the case and was fairly obviously slanted against the victim. Very disappointed that they picked up the appalling and long-discredited Shacknai family accusation that RZ killed MS. Though proven false, this false accusation against RZ was likely one of the motives behind Adam Shacknai's murder of RZ.

There's just no way they can ever explain away so much of the evidence in the case. How do they explain the DNA and blood evidence showing RZ was raped vaginally with the handle of one of the paintbrushes prior to her murder? How do they explain away the presence of her fingerprints on the blade of the knife in a position showing she was trying to cut off the rope knots that were binding her arms and legs? How do they explain how someone wiped down the crime scene to remove prints and DNA after RZ's death?

One can only assume Dateline and the Shacknai's motive in producing such an inaccurate and misleading episode was to prevent RZ's family from gaining public support and give SDSO some cover if they decide to do a "whitewash" of the new/revealed evidence in their proposed repeat investigation.

Betty P wrote, “The fact that NBC Dateline reported the wrong information about all the known persons present in the mansion at the time of MS's accident indicates their research on the case wasn't very thorough. Perhaps NBC Dateline was relying heavily on (inaccurate) information provided to them by the Shacknai family.”

Or perhaps they were relying heavily on inaccurate information provided to them by the Zahau family. After all, they have tried to hid the fact that Rebeccas little sister was there (and quickly whisked out of town the next day) fron the very beginning.

IMO

Or perhaps they were relying heavily on inaccurate information provided to them by the Zahau family. After all, they have tried to hid the fact that Rebeccas little sister was there (and quickly whisked out of town the next day) fron the very beginning.

IMO

Do you have a link for your assertion? JMO, the weight of current evidence suggests the Shacknais were directing this episode. The first one-third to one-half of the episode was focused on the accidental death of MS. MS's death had nothing to do with the wrongful death lawsuit that Adam was complaining about and is subject of the episode.

The assertion in the episode that Jonah Shacknai left a voice mail message as fact is also incorrect. There is no evidence that JS left a message on RZ's phone. In spite of it's alleged importance, SDSO was never able to produce it. We only have Jonah's word that he left a voice mail.

However, there is plenty of real, physical evidence that Rebecca Zahau was cruelly and horrifically attacked, sexually assaulted and ultimately murdered by Adam Shacknai. Is there enough evidence to indicate LE covered up evidence of murder? We don't know yet, but it seems possible. Perhaps they were just in a hurry or didn't have enough time to review the lab results that revealed she was sexually assaulted, was trying to cut herself free of her bindings before her death and was strangled manually with a rope, from behind before she was hung from the balcony.

JMO

Do you have a link for your assertion? JMO, the weight of current evidence suggests the Shacknais were directing this episode. The first one-third to one-half of the episode was focused on the accidental death of MS. MS's death had nothing to do with the wrongful death lawsuit that Adam was complaining about and is subject of the episode.

The assertion in the episode that Jonah Shacknai left a voice mail message as fact is also incorrect. There is no evidence that JS left a message on RZ's phone. In spite of it's alleged importance, SDSO was never able to produce it. We only have Jonah's word that he left a voice mail.

However, there is plenty of real, physical evidence that Rebecca Zahau was cruelly and horrifically attacked, sexually assaulted and ultimately murdered by Adam Shacknai. Is there enough evidence to indicate LE covered up evidence of murder? We don't know yet, but it seems possible. Perhaps they were just in a hurry or didn't have enough time to review the lab results that revealed she was sexually assaulted, was trying to cut herself free of her bindings before her death and was strangled manually with a rope, from behind before she was hung from the balcony.

JMO

I absolutely believe this episode was Shacknai driven. We will most likely see more media spin as the appeal moves forward, IMO.

this is such a sad story, I really don"t think Max's mother had anything to do with it, and I think she is just a mother trying to find reason, trying to avenge the death of her child and I give her a pass.

the truth is we really don't know what happened to Max.

there is no murder charge for the child. Rebecca is innocent.

her family is completely blameless and have every right to pursue the evidence that points to Rebecca being murdered in cold blood by mister smiley pants.

and this is where the evidence points...the idea that this bizarre scene was a suicide is
ridiculous.

I would like the opinion of a forensic psychiatrist. I want him to profile the victim and the accused and lets see where it goes . MOO

I've avoided looking at the details of this for soo long but the recent Dateline broadcast along with a very general knowledge of the circumstances made me come here to see what others thought. It seems my thoughts are much the same as many. This was NOT a suicide. The child's death was NOT a murder.

I absolutely believe this episode was Shacknai driven. We will most likely see more media spin as the appeal moves forward, IMO.

Do we know if he has started the appeal? I was wondering why he would do this dateline episode at all as I would think that he would hope this all would just go away and be forgotten.....why bring attention to it? Either appeal or is le coming to an end to their re-evaluation of the evidence and AS might be a bit concerned?

Do we know if he has started the appeal? I was wondering why he would do this dateline episode at all as I would think that he would hope this all would just go away and be forgotten.....why bring attention to it? Either appeal or is le coming to an end to their re-evaluation of the evidence and AS might be a bit concerned?

This most recent pro-Shacknai campaign may be related to the news several months ago that the SDSO was going to conduct their own internal investigation of RZ's death. They could be softening up the public before having SDSO release a report saying they still think RZ committed suicide. SDSO has always coordinated with the Shacknais on the PR campaigns related to RZ's murder. JMO, that will never change as long as the same sheriff is in office.

The Zahaus just filed their verdict with the court on 11/19. Why did they wait so long?

Case 00075418 ROA 1155

San Diego Superior Court - Register of Actions

Now Adam Shacknai can file his appeal to overturn that, IMO, ridiculous verdict.

Betty P, do you have a link that proves that the SDSO has always coordinated with the Shacknai’s on PR campaigns related to RZ’s “murder”? I have seen no evidence of that and no evidence that the SDSO has done anything other than remain impartial in their investigation. If the new look into the case finds RZ’s death to be suicide, I believe it will be because there is no evidence of murder, not because of any outside influence. However, if you do have proof that their has been coordination between the Shacknai’s and SDSO, please link as I would be interested in seeing that.

Last edited:
The Zahaus just filed their verdict with the court on 11/19. Why did they wait so long?

Case 00075418 ROA 1155

San Diego Superior Court - Register of Actions

Now Adam Shacknai can file his appeal to overturn that, IMO, ridiculous verdict.

Betty P, do you have a link that proves that the SDSO has always coordinated with the Shacknai’s on PR campaigns related to RZ’s “murder”? I have seen no evidence of that and no evidence that the SDSO has done anything other than remain impartial in their investigation. If the new look into the case finds RZ’s death to be suicide, I believe it will be because there is no evidence of murder, not because of any outside influence. However, if you do have proof that their has been coordination between the Shacknai’s and SDSO, please link as I would be interested in seeing that.

Yes, if you go to the SDSO web site file for the RZ case, you'll note in the files with the powerpoint presentation they acknowledge a PR firm that's the same one used by JS. If you can find the old video of the press conference, you'll hear the sheriff thank the PR firm for their assistance.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back