Found Deceased NH - Elizabeth Lamotte, 16, Manchester, 6 April 1984

BREAKING: Authorities just announced they have matched Elizabeth's DNA to a young female's body found in Tennessee in 1985.

NEW HAMPSHIRE MISSING PERSON IDENTIFIED AS GREENE COUNTY HOMICIDE VICTIM

TBI AGENTS ASKING FOR PUBLIC’S HELP TO LOCATE HER KILLER

JOHNSON CITY – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is asking for the public’s help in providing information about a homicide that took place more than 30 years ago.

On April 14, 1985, the body of a young female was found partially decomposed along Interstate 81 in Greene County near Exit 44. TBI Special Agents joined the Greene County Sheriff’s Office in investigating the case, which was ruled a homicide. Autopsy results revealed the victim died approximately three weeks before her body was discovered. Authorities were unable to determine the identity of the victim, and she was listed as a Jane Doe.

As a result of the ongoing investigation, a sample of the victim’s remains was submitted to the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification (UNTCHI) in 2006. A DNA profile for the victim was developed and entered into the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) in hopes that she would eventually be identified. This week, investigators finally received the news they were waiting for when the UNTCHI confirmed there was a match to the DNA profile. The victim was identified as 17-year-old Elizabeth Lamotte, who was missing from New Hampshire. Lamotte was last seen in November of 1984, but it wasn’t until last year that detectives with the Manchester Police Department in New Hampshire located members of her family and obtained DNA samples from them. Those samples were submitted to CODIS, which ultimately resulted in Elizabeth Lamotte being identified.

At this time, the investigation remains active and ongoing. TBI Special Agents are asking for the public’s help to develop new leads in the case. Anyone with information regarding Elizabeth Lamotte’s murder, specifically knowledge about individuals she may have been with in the days before she died, is asked to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND (1-800-824-3463).

The page for Jane Doe who has been ID'd as Elizabeth. It says she had recently lost a pregnancy.
264UFTN
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Silvery pink nail polish. She had been approximately 6-8 weeks pregnant but had recently lost the pregnancy shortly before death. There was no evidence of previous childbirth. No identifiable marks noted.

BREAKING: Authorities just announced they have matched Elizabeth's DNA to a young female's body found in Tennessee in 1985.

NEW HAMPSHIRE MISSING PERSON IDENTIFIED AS GREENE COUNTY HOMICIDE VICTIM

TBI AGENTS ASKING FOR PUBLIC’S HELP TO LOCATE HER KILLER

JOHNSON CITY – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is asking for the public’s help in providing information about a homicide that took place more than 30 years ago.

On April 14, 1985, the body of a young female was found partially decomposed along Interstate 81 in Greene County near Exit 44. TBI Special Agents joined the Greene County Sheriff’s Office in investigating the case, which was ruled a homicide. Autopsy results revealed the victim died approximately three weeks before her body was discovered. Authorities were unable to determine the identity of the victim, and she was listed as a Jane Doe.

As a result of the ongoing investigation, a sample of the victim’s remains was submitted to the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification (UNTCHI) in 2006. A DNA profile for the victim was developed and entered into the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) in hopes that she would eventually be identified. This week, investigators finally received the news they were waiting for when the UNTCHI confirmed there was a match to the DNA profile. The victim was identified as 17-year-old Elizabeth Lamotte, who was missing from New Hampshire. Lamotte was last seen in November of 1984, but it wasn’t until last year that detectives with the Manchester Police Department in New Hampshire located members of her family and obtained DNA samples from them. Those samples were submitted to CODIS, which ultimately resulted in Elizabeth Lamotte being identified.

At this time, the investigation remains active and ongoing. TBI Special Agents are asking for the public’s help to develop new leads in the case. Anyone with information regarding Elizabeth Lamotte’s murder, specifically knowledge about individuals she may have been with in the days before she died, is asked to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND (1-800-824-3463).
Oh my goodness, so she was alive for nearly a year after she was last seen, and during that time she got pregnant and lost the baby. What a terribly sad situation. I’m glad Elizabeth has now been found and I hope they are able to find her killer and get justice for her.

Wonder what lead her to Tennessee.

Rest in peace Elizabeth. I honestly would have never guessed that she was connected to the Tennessee Jane Doe.
I know, right? You would think that two cases that have been on WS for so long respectively, most likely is not a match, but here we are :oops:

Food for thought: We would probably have ruled her out anyway, since Elizabeth had a tattoo and Jane Doe had "No identifiable marks noted." Then there's that whole year between disappearance and discovery...

I know, right? You would think that two cases that have been on WS for so long respectively, most likely is not a match, but here we are :oops:

Food for thought: We would probably have ruled her out anyway, since Elizabeth had a tattoo and Jane Doe had "No identifiable marks noted." Then there's that whole year between disappearance and discovery...

Excellent observation and definitely good food for thought when comparing MP/UID's

Very happy Elizabeth has been found and identified with a Doe ...

Still rather surprised I only see a slight resemblance between Elizabeth's photo and the Doe sketch .. WOW!

Soooo.. she was thought to be the victim of one serial killer, but turned out to be a possible victim of another..? *shivers*

Only one serial killer is mentioned if I read it correctly, Bob Evans aka Terry Peder Rassmussen. Even though no connection there at least her case have been reopened and DNA submitted due to that case.

I am still in a bit of shock about all this. Must be especially hard news for the family. She passed only 5 month after disappearing.

I think the Charley Project link to the TN Jane Doe said they originally thought she was a victim of the redhead murders.

Only one serial killer is mentioned if I read it correctly, Bob Evans aka Terry Peder Rassmussen. Even though no connection there at least her case have been reopened and DNA submitted due to that case.

I am still in a bit of shock about all this. Must be especially hard news for the family. She passed only 5 month after disappearing.

I think the Charley Project link to the TN Jane Doe said they originally thought she was a victim of the redhead murders.

Ahh, thank you, I have missed that.

(Off topic - Btw, Charley Project does not list Jane/John Doe cases, only missing people cases).

Someone in other case was complaining about accuracy of isotope testing. In this case is listed - "Isotope analysis indicated the victim was not originally from Tennesee but had likely been born in the Eastern part of the country and moved to the Midwest or Southwest after a few years." So also here, not that accurate.

Jane Doe link - 264UFTN

I never would have connected the Elizabeth with the Tennessee Jane Doe case even though I looked at that case a lot. There was no mention of a tattoo, HOWEVER, I understand there was a 3-6 weeks interval after death before she was found, and it would have depended on the rate of decomposition and the state of the remains whether or not it would have been visible. It must not have been visible by that point.
RIP Elizabeth.

Ahh, thank you, I have missed that.

(Off topic - Btw, Charley Project does not list Jane/John Doe cases, only missing people cases).

Someone in other case was complaining about accuracy of isotope testing. In this case is listed - "Isotope analysis indicated the victim was not originally from Tennesee but had likely been born in the Eastern part of the country and moved to the Midwest or Southwest after a few years." So also here, not that accurate.

Jane Doe link - 264UFTN

That's probably the discussion I was involved in, I won't go into it here.
Part of the results is correct, which means it does have some validity. It would be interesting to know if she had spent any time in the Midwest/southwest at all or not.

685aeec2-06f9-4a1a-b639-a038c43c8112-Elizabeth_Lamotte_002.jpg

Authorities have identified a homicide victim whose body was found alongside Interstate 81 in Greene County more than 33 years ago, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation announced in a news release Wednesday.

Elizabeth Lamotte, a 17-year-old girl who was reportedly missing from New Hampshire, has been positively identified through DNA samples from family members, the release states.

The body was discovered just off I-81 near exit 44 on April 14, 1985 — roughly five months after Lamotte was reported missing in November 1984.

Read more: Homicide victim in Greene County cold case identified after 33 years

Rest in Peace Lovely Elizabeth.
I pray the one who did this to you is brought to Justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back