Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

He said he was going to the bathroom. Then he went outside the stadium... WHY? Then he made a call. What was said? Can the gf say how many drinks he had? Not blaming him, just wonder if he could not find the car. He didn't go back to his seat after the bathroom. This is all too weird.

I mean Ive been buzzed enough, had an arguement with my SO, then stormed off in a alcohol haze to make a point, to make they not know where I was. I grew up from that, and its a bad thing to do, but makes me wonder if he did that and maybe thats why she didnt call LE until 11am the next day.

Could he have tried to meet up with someone, thus why he was on his phone and outside the stadium? he had to have known there is no re-entry, right?
If so they should be able to get his phone records. I wonder if his wife had shared access to the account and can look at it online? I feel if so, that would have been explored by now.

Santa Clara Police Department, Chief Michael J. Sellers | 11/15/2018 1:53pm (PST)

<snip>

The attached video clip is from the NRG Solar Bridge (Gate C) of Levi’s Stadium at 8:52 p.m. Powers is seen walking out of the venue, wearing a red 49ers T-shirt, red 49ers hat and blue jeans. Beyond the image captured on this video clip, Powers continues to walk west through the parking lot in the pedestrian chute between Canopy 5/6 and out to Great America Parkway. The camera loses sight of him at 9:03 p.m.

<snip>

Quoting the Santa Clara PD post (sbm for focus) to add some Google Maps screenshots of some points that seem relevant re: video clip and beyond

Gate C

gate-c.png
Google Maps

NRG Solar Bridge

nrg-solar-bridge.png
Google Maps

Overhead views

overhead-view.png
Google Maps

overhead-view-2.png
Google Maps

Jmo

I followed a case almost just like this! I think it was last year. Maybe the one before? A guy with reddish hair and a mouatache had gone to the game with a female friend. Went missing. Found him days later maybe near a thrift store, trying to get different clothes. He just walked out and walked away! Anyone remeber or can link that one?

Could he have tried to meet up with someone, thus why he was on his phone and outside the stadium? he had to have known there is no re-entry, right?

I wondered about that too but it seems he really planned out this trip and drove quite a distance for it (even the distance from the stadium to their hotel was apparently quite a drive) Judging by the scores, it had to be a close game/good 3rd and 4th quarter; so why, after all that planning, expense, driving, would he choose to meet up with someone at that specific time? Seems like it would be the WORST possible time/scenario for a football fan, yes?

I wondered about that too but it seems he really planned out this trip and drove quite a distance for it (even the distance from the stadium to their hotel was apparently quite a drive) Judging by the scores, it had to be a close game/good 3rd and 4th quarter; so why, after all that planning, expense, driving, would he choose to meet up with someone at that specific time? Seems like it would be the WORST possible time/scenario for a football fan, yes?
Not to mention that IF he was trying to get drugs or anything, he wouldnt be allowed back into the stadium. That just makes me doubt he left to meet with someone. A fan wouldnt leave during a good game with a rival knowing they cant get back in.

but we know he was outside the stadium, so he did leave the game... why would a fan who made such plans leave?

but if the timestamp is correct... then what? The timestamp must be off.

back to sitting on my hands, hoping he is safe.

I followed a case almost just like this! I think it was last year. Maybe the one before? A guy with reddish hair and a mouatache had gone to the game with a female friend. Went missing. Found him days later maybe near a thrift store, trying to get different clothes. He just walked out and walked away! Anyone remeber or can link that one?
US man missing during NFL game found NOT IAN POWERS-didn't want to confuse anyone.
i am sure he had a thread here but I never have luck searching here. Paul Kitterman

In the video of him walking out of the stadium, it appears (to me at least) he is not exactly walking very precise. Granted he is looking down at his phone, but speaking out of my own personal experience, if you are looking down at you phone you may walk pretty slow because you are concentrated more on your phone, or you may veer off kind of diagonal (not realizing your not walking in a straight line) ....But he seems more lose in his walk ...he overlaps his feet quite a bit as if his coordination is not 100%. I don't know...just my thought...

In the video of him walking out of the stadium, it appears (to me at least) he is not exactly walking very precise. Granted he is looking down at his phone, but speaking out of my own personal experience, if you are looking down at you phone you may walk pretty slow because you are concentrated more on your phone, or you may veer off kind of diagonal (not realizing your not walking in a straight line) ....But he seems more lose in his walk ...he overlaps his feet quite a bit as if his coordination is not 100%. I don't know...just my thought...
i had the same impression

In the video, it appears he is wearing a watch. It's not clear from the video what type of watch, IMO, but if it was an Apple Watch, Fitbit, or some other smartwatch, that could be helpful. Jmo
There was some comments on the LE fb page related to just this question. Sounds as though he may have been wearing a smartwatch at the time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back