New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

The remains of a 27 year old woman that were found in Lake Arthur (very close to Jennings) have been identified as belonging to Lacie Fontenot.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/24610146/lake-arthur-residents-speak-out-on-body-found

The sherrif doesn't think that Lacie's murder connected to the Jennings killings.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Body-found-in-Jeff-Davis-Parish-243030961.html

I'm not so sure of that yet.

I've had no luck finding a COD for Lacie yet. I'm wondering if they are not releasing it....and if so, that really makes me wonder about whether this could be connected to the other killings...

I'm late on finding & posting this: Lacie's cause of death was determined in March:
"Deputies say they could find no signs of a struggle, the body showed no signs of injuries or wounds, and no witness saw or heard anything unusual.....The coroner's autopsy reported concluded the cause of death was drowning, resulting from hypothermia....The autopsy report also noted elevated levels of illegal controlled substances in her body."
http://www.katc.com/news/coroner-lake-arthur-woman-s-cause-of-death-is-drowning/

Has anyone watched all of these videos yet? There are about 45 minutes of interview with Frank Richard (3 different videos about 15 minutes each) and also a 15 minute one with Tracee Chaisson. They are from 2009.

www.kplctv.com/category/278184/jeff-davis-outtake-video-landing-page

Watched all the videos. Several interesting things in these videos, but one things that really stood out to me was Richard's reaction when the reporter asked about Shiela Commeaux. He obviously didn't see THAT coming, and almost seemed surprised that anyone would have made the connection.

Been thinking along those lines also. Between the friends/relative murdered and her mother saying "She was scared, she was like you don't know who you can trust anymore, they can be your friend. You just never know,".....it doesn't seem like she'd hop in any ole car.

In Jennings 11/2 the weather was clear, sunset was at 5:22PM with twilight ending at 5:47PM. According to the video Brittany left the store around 5:30 to walk 5 blocks to her home. Darkness is just setting in, don't know if there's street lights or not. The walk from store to home was simple....like an upside down L...no parks, alleys etc. Walk time is estimated @ around 10 mins. And Google map shows S Doyle as a populated steet.

Does make one wonder.

ETA Was thinking car...wouldn't have to be...wondering if any "trusted" individual lived between store and home?

Fear . what if he was targeting the women one by one so he could make her afraid. what if he viewed her as the grand prize. the connection is there they knew each other, or were acquitted in some way. Each death left a scar for his next victim. Each life he took made that fear expand. Making his target easy to take advantage of.

Just read who killed the Jeff Davis eight. Jeff Davis frank Richard first outtake video His eyes seemed a little glazed over. There was a lot of ahhing and quick thinking going on .He hesitated for a spilt second on the first one when asked if anyone else had a secret that they wanted to cover up. His brows were furrowed in most of the time. his eye twitched during certain proportions. To me it seemed like a story he was trying to keep straight.

I am 99.99% sure that he is still alive and still getting away with everything that he was before. Louisiana Saint posted a great video on you tube. More people need to watch it and realize what is at stake with this case. Beside the lives of 8 (or probably) more women, numerous crimes involving rape, drugs and law enforcement coverup. In my opinion, this case hasn't gotten half the attention that the Derrick Todd Lee case did. It's sad but true.
I worked with relatives of several of the girls and have always thought it linked. Back to mcelveen..

After 13 years, new leads still developing in unsolved Jeff Davis murders

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story.../jeff-davis-murders-13-years-later/608716002/

Police have not given up, said Chief Deputy Christopher Ivey of the Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office.

“The sheriff and all who are involved are dedicated to continue to work on these cases until they are cleared,” Ivey said.

Ivey said police still receive tips about the cases. Two new leads recently developed and are being investigated, although Ivey cautioned that hundreds of leads have been cleared over the years that did not result in new information or evidence.

Jeff Davis 8 victim's brother announces new documentary project

Nearly a decade since the last of eight women was found dead around Jeff Davis Parish, another film crew is reportedly heading to Jennings to document the unsolved homicides.

Whitnei Dubois was the fourth of the victims dubbed the "Jeff Davis 8" found between 2005 and 2009. Her brother, Michael Dubois, has been outspoken about the cases and continues to advocate for justice.

While several television and documentary productions have covered the cases over the years, Dubois believes the complete truth has not been heard.

May 20, 2019, is the 14th anniversary of the first of eight bodies found in or near Jeff Davis Parish - all women who came to be known as the Jeff Davis 8...

Sheriff Ivy Woods says they still do not know that all eight were homicides. “Like Loretta, possible overdose and she was wrapped up and dumped. Was she killed, or was it possible overdose? At this time, as far as I know, going back, it’s still unknown,” said Woods, who took office in 2012.

While there have been no breakthroughs, Woods says the cases remain open and that they check out any information received. “It’s still a top priority at the Sheriff’s Office. We still have detectives assigned to the case. As soon as we get information that’s fresh, everybody jumps on it and tries to check the legitimacy of anything that we’ve got in," said Woods.
Fourteenth anniversary of first “Jeff Davis 8” body discovered

I'm just curious....where and WHY is the FBI not being called in on these cases? They are really just going to allow "small town cops" to solve these cases? Especially when there are several murders involved! Yes, it definitely looks like a HUGE COVER UP IN THE TOWN OF JENNINGS!! and YES law enforcement looks to be a part of it!! Bring in the big boys....where's the FBI??

I just saw the documentary tonight! I believe the original task force (formed AFTER the 7th victim was found) had a couple agents on it. That task force was a complete joke.

I believe one maybe two law enforcement agents were invovled and Frankie Richard & his brother helped with the disposal of bodies. They kept their mouths shut to avoid being hassled. Hmmm...why wasn't brother Billy's camper searched???

I'm just curious....where and WHY is the FBI not being called in on these cases? They are really just going to allow "small town cops" to solve these cases? Especially when there are several murders involved! Yes, it definitely looks like a HUGE COVER UP IN THE TOWN OF JENNINGS!! and YES law enforcement looks to be a part of it!! Bring in the big boys....where's the FBI??
I agree with you `100%!! lets bring in the big guys its about time!!!

I sat through the full four hour series and at the end the case was never solved??? All of these girls had several things in common...drugs and Frankie Richard and his brother. It would be easy to say they were involved in the killings or one of them did it but I believe that law enforcement was involved and the brothers helped with the body dumping. My radar puts it on the current police chief/former drug detective. He had daily contact with all of these girls and probably had Frankie Richard on the payroll. For sure there were other cops involved. This is a downtrodden little town with poor law enforcement and a good ole boy attitude. The Task Force didn't get anywhere because the local law enforcement didn't want it to. The FBI was involved in this Task Force. But who knows...maybe they were compromised too. The drug epidemic in this town is there because law enforcement wants it to be there...they probably keep the drugs flowing into the town. What a depressing story and depressing place...the cycle of drug addiction goes round and round and nothing is done to get these people into rehab and clean up the town. Very sad.

I sat through the full four hour series and at the end the case was never solved??? All of these girls had several things in common...drugs and Frankie Richard and his brother. It would be easy to say they were involved in the killings or one of them did it but I believe that law enforcement was involved and the brothers helped with the body dumping. My radar puts it on the current police chief/former drug detective. He had daily contact with all of these girls and probably had Frankie Richard on the payroll. For sure there were other cops involved. This is a downtrodden little town with poor law enforcement and a good ole boy attitude. The Task Force didn't get anywhere because the local law enforcement didn't want it to. The FBI was involved in this Task Force. But who knows...maybe they were compromised too. The drug epidemic in this town is there because law enforcement wants it to be there...they probably keep the drugs flowing into the town. What a depressing story and depressing place...the cycle of drug addiction goes round and round and nothing is done to get these people into rehab and clean up the town. Very sad.
What do you think the motive is?

Another thing that most of the women (if not all) had in common is that they were prostitutes. I wonder why this wasn’t mentioned in the documentary.

Perhaps I should have posted that the other way around. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to indicate race was "the" deciding factor. Whichever way it goes, it seems *to me* that a way of life, or perhaps, a role in life that was not chosen but was, IDK, *assumed*? means that these women were not taken seriously as victims, at first. Then, the pearl-clutchers don't want to know, that these women "weren't one of us" kicks in, so they are overlooked.

Does that make sense? I hope I'm explaining myself clearly, without resorting to stereotypes too much. All I see from this thread is that to be poor, perhaps involved with drugs, perhaps to be involved in prostitution, perhaps to be from the "wrong side of the tracks" seems to be an excuse for the murder of all these women and *someone* got away with it, because no one really cared.

This makes me incredibly sad.

I hope I explained myself better.

Yes...they were throwaways to this town...or to the people on the other side of the tracks. I think there was an elaborate chain of drugs and prostitution that involved the police, Frankie Richard and the wealthy men on the other side of Jennings. The women were drug addicts and had no means of making money...except if they were being paid with drugs to have sex. Frankie Richard acted as a pimp/drug dealer and my theory is that the drug detective who is now the police chief was the go between. I'm sure he and other local law enforcement were paid off by the wealthy men who used these women up and then wanted them gone. I look forward to this case getting solved one day and then seeing an HBO drama based on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back