Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

• He did it

Votes: 253 29.7%
  • Some other guy did it

Votes: 67 7.9%
  • Looks guilty at this point

Votes: 74 8.7%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

Votes: 195 22.9%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 254 29.8%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

Votes: 55 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the significant thing about the battery is:

Q: #askzellner Have your traced who changed the battery or owned the battery that was put in her car?

A: Yes. #AskZellner

If she knows who it belonged to and it was someone connected to the case (not personally connected to Teresa), it could be important.
Just posted this as you did, :)

Well that could be, but not in my experience of replacing a battery.
But if KZ knows who changed the battery that would be significant depending on what she found.
I have 40 years experience in auto parts. Lots of batteries.

I will wait and see what evidence Zellner has on the battery issue. In the meantime all we have is speculation. JMO

Maybe she had a battery problem on the road and whoever she called to help brought the Interstate Group 58 battery and installed that instead of the Group 35. JMO

Do you think there would be a record of that somewhere? I can't recall or don't remember if she had 'roadside assistance' of some kind. I will see if I can find the document that someone did that had all her calls and who they were to/from, but not sure I will get to it tonight ;-)

IMO the Rav was parked as per witness previously who informed Colborn. The Rav's battery probably went flat for some reason by just sitting there undriven, perhaps an interior light left on or something?
Whoever transferred TH's vehicle to ASY had to get another battery to replace the one in the vehicle which they did.
That battery has now been traced to its owner, because it was under warranty. And that person was the one who changed it out in the RAV for transferring to ASY. From there the car was detected rather promptly by PS, and then taken into police custody/evidence. All IMO

IMO the Rav was parked as per witness previously who informed Colborn. The Rav's battery probably went flat for some reason by just sitting there undriven, perhaps an interior light left on or something?
Whoever transferred TH's vehicle to ASY had to get another battery to replace the one in the vehicle which they did.
That battery has now been traced to its owner, because it was under warranty. And that person was the one who changed it out in the RAV for transferring to ASY. From there the car was detected rather promptly by PS, and then taken into police custody/evidence. All IMO
If Zellner can prove the battery belonged to someone else and all of the other things fit with that then this case is blown wide open.

I'm curious about the battery serial number/warranty information because that's not industry standard. In fact I've never heard of it.

If Interstate battery asked me to sell their batteries and I had to register every battery I sold to the individual buyer I would say "Forget it, I don't have time for that".

If the responsibility for this registration is on the owner it would never work because people don't always register the products they buy but expect their warranty to be honored. JMO

If Zellner can prove the battery belonged to someone else and all of the other things fit with that then this case is blown wide open.

I'm curious about the battery serial number/warranty information because that's not industry standard. In fact I've never heard of it.

If Interstate battery asked me to sell their batteries and I had to register every battery I sold to the individual buyer I would say "Forget it, I don't have time for that".

If the responsibility for this registration is on the owner it would never work because people don't always register the products they buy but expect their warranty to be honored. JMO
BBM, I believe she just has blown it up in their faces.
She knows the owner of the battery and has the evidence to prove that. If it was just some random battery then it would of just been speculation, but it's not.
It means also IMO that the Rav was planted at ASY. And if that is proven to be planted then the case is out the window, because non of the evidence can be trusted. All IMO

BBM, I believe she just has blown it up in their faces.
She knows the owner of the battery and has the evidence to prove that. If it was just some random battery then it would of just been speculation, but it's not.
It means also IMO that the Rav was planted at ASY. And if that is proven to be planted then the case is out the window, because non of the evidence can be trusted. All IMO
She says she knows things but I would like to see the actual evidence before I draw any conclusions. Until then, just for me, it's not proven as a fact. JMO

She says she knows things but I would like to see the actual evidence before I draw any conclusions. Until then, just for me, it's not proven as a fact. JMO
Sure i have no problem with that.
But IMO i doubt KZ would of made a big deal out of it if she wasn't sure about it. But that's just me and my opinion.

Reading the complete CASO report, or even the trial transcripts, shows the answer about the RAV4. One of the biggest points that the prosecution and LE has stated from the beginning is that they NEVER entered the RAV4 at ASY. It was loaded onto a truck and taken to the crime lab (which took unusually long by the way). They say that the drive shaft was disconnected to allow for it to be towed. When the crime lab dude came the next day, the drivers door was opened, and he leaned in to unlock the doors. No note of who unlocked the drivers door or how. Now add to this that the battery was disconnected. The automatic locks wouldn't have worked either. I have always wondered how they got the back cargo door open?

As for the battery... I think the point is that it was changed, and apparently she knows who or what organization it belonged to because of warranty. I was wrong in my last post... I guess it was purchased in October 2004. If someone that shouldn't have changed the battery, changed it, that is compelling. I will wait to see more information, I would expect the verification and who it is to be filed with the courts though. I am not sure if she could go back to the circuit court with this or wait it out until the current appeal is complete.

Oh and the poster on reddit said he started looking into it because he could tell the battery wasn't the right size and it didn't "fit". I see it now, never noticed it before, the clamp isn't holding the battery in.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Exhibit-302-RAV4-Battery-Disconnected.jpg

I just got home from work so have just been skimming the info for now ;-)
Is there another photo of the battery as installed in the RAV4?

I have only viewed this close up and while I got the make and part number from it I can't view the battery hold down bracket good enough to see if it is a "good fit" or not.

Thanks

The hold down is not over the edge of the battery so no it does not fit. The battery has been marked J4 in the bottom left corner. You can work out what that means Ranch with all your battery experience.
I would imagine a company or fleet maintenance depot (lets just say a County vehicle garage for instance) would buy a batch of batteries at a time and these would be traceable.

I understand the point you are trying to make, and I get it. However, at the same time, wouldn't it have been great to have some good photo's so we could have all just seen for ourselves if there were tin cans and vegetation in SA's barrel? Or how about those bones in the burn pit? Would like to see just one photo of that!
Huh? I wasn't making a point. I was asking a question. I'm in no way as fully informed as you guys as all the info I have is what's on MaM and in a couple of BD interviews. I haven't studied the evidence, photos etc. I was wanting to know if what KZ posts is fact or just part of a theory with little/no evidence and I used that quote as an example.

Huh? I wasn't making a point. I was asking a question. I'm in no way as fully informed as you guys as all the info I have is what's on MaM and in a couple of BD interviews. I haven't studied the evidence, photos etc. I was wanting to know if what KZ posts is fact or just part of a theory with little/no evidence and I used that quote as an example.
Katchoo - I don't believe the reply snark is aimed at you. I think it is sarcasm aimed at the Police due to the Police not taking any photos of the real important things but all the dodgy evidence has photographs.

The hold down is not over the edge of the battery so no it does not fit. The battery has been marked J4 in the bottom left corner. You can work out what that means Ranch with all your battery experience.
I would imagine a company or fleet maintenance depot (lets just say a County vehicle garage for instance) would buy a batch of batteries at a time and these would be traceable.
I can't see the hold down bolts in that picture so I don't know if they are even there.

There's no way to tell if the battery fits or not from that close up photo. JMO.

I can't see the hold down bolts in that picture so I don't know if they are even there.

There's no way to tell if the battery fits or not from that close up photo. JMO.
KZ has stated that they have confirmed that it was replaced with the wrong sized battery for the Rav4.
And the battery in the Rav4 has been traced to the owner.
My question is wonder who owned it?

Ok, lets try it again then lol

When KZ says stuff like "TH's electronics were not burned in Steven's burn barrel; they were burned in Dassey burn barrel." has this been proven or just made up?

I doubt it's been "proven" or anyone has come forward and confessed. It's her theory right now, from what she was tweeting yesterday, she said that Radandt saw the Dassey barrel burning on the 31st, not Steven's, her theory is that TH was burned in the Dassey barrel, and she said that Steve's barrel had tin cans and vegetation in it. My snark (sorry) was because we have no good photo's of anything!

There is no good photo's of the barrels, no good photo's of the burn pit, no grid done on the pit, no description of the barrel's, what was in them, where it was. I don't know about anyone else, but if the bones found in the barrel were on the top, middle, bottom of the barrel, I think that is significant. Just like bones in a pile on top of a crust in the burn pit would be significant. Taking photo's of those things seems pretty important. One thing I learned in MaM2 with the behind the scene's with KZ and her experts is that better photo's do not exist, always thought that maybe there were more and they just weren't entered into evidence, but nope.

Try looking again at the clamp where it sits at the top edge of the battery, it is sitting on it rather than over the corner. Not that obvious due to shadow.
So what about the J4 that is stamped on battery.

Last edited:
Try looking again at the clamp where it sits at the top edge of the battery, it is sitting on it rather than over the corner. Not that obvious due to shadow.
I see that. I still don't see any of the hold down bolts. The hold down could be laying on top of the battery and not even attached to the battery tray.

I'm still checking on the code on the top of the battery. Found conflicting info so I'm not sure exactly what it means.

I still doubt that the Group 58 battery was meant for a Police Crown Vic because it would be the wrong battery. It doesn't make any sense for a cold weather department to use a smaller less powerful battery than what came with the vehicle. JMO

This photo is said to show a Crown Victoria for reference:

4up4js6eyny11.jpg

In the Exhibit photo of the battery
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Exhibit-302-RAV4-Battery-Disconnected.jpg
Notice the letters INTE, that is visible on the battery wouldn't that be a 2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor?
(quote)
It is the law enforcement version of the Ford Crown Victoria. From 1997 to 2011, the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor was the most widely used automobile in law enforcement operations in the United States and Canada. They were also used for this purpose on a more limited scale in other countries.
Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member